Username Post: What Are Your Hopes and Goals in Your Crafting?        (Topic#1584023)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

Do you craft purely for fun, or do you want turn your hobby into a career? Do you want to create a family history? Where do you want to go with your hobby? I love to know why people craft.

Tenant
In response to Crafting Marfa

I craft mainly for fun, but I also use my scrapbooking to document stuff that I feel is important for my kids to know. Things like the dates of their grandparents births, deaths, and wedding anniversary (their grandparents passed on while my kids were very young. I also use it to document health problems that affected their grandparents but also write down funny stuff their realitives have said or things that have made me the person I am.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Pattycake92

I scrapbook just for fun. But i'd love to be able to make money at it someday but that's just a dream. I wish I just had at least half the talent that you all have.

I hope that someday my scrapbooks will be passed down and shared when my son grows up and starts a family. I just love to scrapbook and document our family and pets and friends.

And this places has been just great and to have such nice people to share in our interests together. I've met some great friends because of scrapbooking.

A goal would be to do more scrapbooking, learn more, try more, and get better.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

I'm just trying to document our travels and our lives for us to enjoy when we get too old to travel anymore.

Someday I hope our grandchildren will get to know us through the scrapbooks.

I don't enjoy any other crafts. Hate making cards or minis or anything. Just scrapbooks.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Henri Jean

Documenting our life is an awesome bonus, but I do it just for fun. I love playing with all sorts of mediums whether for a layout, a mini, a card, a tag, a project or just in my art journal. I just love the creativity.

That said, I do love to look back at my books and remember when....

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I scrapbook just for fun. But i'd love to be able to make money at it someday but that's just a dream. I wish I just had at least half the talent that you all have.

I hope that someday my scrapbooks will be passed down and shared when my son grows up and starts a family. I just love to scrapbook and document our family and pets and friends.

And this places has been just great and to have such nice people to share in our interests together. I've met some great friends because of scrapbooking.

I think you aren't giving yourself enough credit! You've already figured out that ghosting technique thats been driving me batty since you posted about it oh so many months ago! I'm determined to conquer it, though!!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:

I think you aren't giving yourself enough credit! You've already figured out that ghosting technique thats been driving me batty since you posted about it oh so many months ago! I'm determined to conquer it, though!!

Awe, Kim thank you so much!!! You are so very kind and thoughtful! Get those mists out and play around! I had fun the other night and got my mists out to make some backgrounds for my art journal finally!!!!! But that's as far as i've gotten. lol I'll try and take some pics in a little bit and post them to my gallery.

Another goal is to master clustering flowers!!!! lol

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Cindyckj

Would like to do something in my "scrap" room each day,even if it just and hour -- this means creating not cleaning!!!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to wilbur

Well, since I asked I should also answer. I scrapbook for fun, as one of my creative outlets. But I would love to make some money out of it. Not a full time job. Just enough to keep buying more supplies lol

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I just scrap for the love of it. I just love playing with patterned papers, the rich colors of cardstock, the textures of everything. The creativity! I don't scrap for anyone but myself - don't have anyone to leave my work to, and it's mostly of my cats, anyway. But the cards I send are being more and more appreciated by the recipients, and I keep track of what I send who so I don't repeat. But those pages and cards that I keep in my gallery here are a little time capsule of where I was in my life and my crafting ability when I completed them. With a lot of them, I remember what I was doing in my life at the time that I could shoehorn the work in there. And I participate in challenges sometimes, so I can remember the focus and effort that I had to do to meet those challenges. It's all fun! (Except when I'm up against a deadline and I'm fresh out of mojo. No fun.)

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to meezerpleaser

I scrapbook for fun. I do make cards as well. I enjoy any paper crafting. I love making banners as well. I do hold classes at my house, mainly for making cards. I am a Stampin' Up demo so it is kinda a business for me. (mainly to keep myself in paper and ink!!! )
Crafting is my relaxing time. I enjoy it and getting together with others that like to create. So maybe a little bit of fun, business, and social all mixed into one. With my classes I try to focus on the fun and social aspect. Yes, it is a class and we make cards or sometimes scrapbooking pages but it is the social and fun part that is important!! I am having a Birthday Bash Buffet class in two weeks. Very excited to have this event- I am hoping people will like the laid back atmosphere, and hope to get some noncrafters interested!!!
I end up being the mom that does all the crafting projects with the kids at school. That's okay, I love working with the kids! I try and make decorations for the classes as well. In the fall, I made leaf garland for the classrooms. I do the bullentin boards as well. Not always but sometimes. I do enjoy it!! But when I am pushed to get something done...I get stressed!!! I was asked one year to make auction number paddles for an auction at our school. At first, the lady told me they needed 25. No problem. The next day...she came back and told me she needed 125!!!!! HOLLY CRAPOLA!!!! oh and she needed them in three days!!! Yea, that one stressed me!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

I make cards,,,,,,,the occasional mini book, but mostly cards,,,,,,,and I do it mostly for fun,,,although I do make money occasionally,,,,not much, but it usually buys a new spellbinders or another pack of paper LOL

I'd love love LOVE to be half as good as Becca Feeken some day. sigh. now THAT woman has TALENT.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to CommaHolly

I scrapbook for fun. I think my children will enjoy the albums and I enjoy the albums now I love looking back at the old albums and seeing how much they have transformed. In 2010 my son had a major transformation from boy to young man and the pictures clearly show that transformation. Without my albums you would never have seen the transformation.

I am also working very hard on creating a business because I love to scrapbook and why not have a job doing something that I am so passionate about. For the last 6 months I have been busting my but at creating a business and creating a place that people would love to come visit me on the web!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I scrapbook for fun. I do make cards as well. I enjoy any paper crafting. I love making banners as well. I do hold classes at my house, mainly for making cards. I am a Stampin' Up demo so it is kinda a business for me. (mainly to keep myself in paper and ink!!! )
Crafting is my relaxing time. I enjoy it and getting together with others that like to create. So maybe a little bit of fun, business, and social all mixed into one. With my classes I try to focus on the fun and social aspect. Yes, it is a class and we make cards or sometimes scrapbooking pages but it is the social and fun part that is important!! I am having a Birthday Bash Buffet class in two weeks. Very excited to have this event- I am hoping people will like the laid back atmosphere, and hope to get some noncrafters interested!!!
I end up being the mom that does all the crafting projects with the kids at school. That's okay, I love working with the kids! I try and make decorations for the classes as well. In the fall, I made leaf garland for the classrooms. I do the bullentin boards as well. Not always but sometimes. I do enjoy it!! But when I am pushed to get something done...I get stressed!!! I was asked one year to make auction number paddles for an auction at our school. At first, the lady told me they needed 25. No problem. The next day...she came back and told me she needed 125!!!!! HOLLY CRAPOLA!!!! oh and she needed them in three days!!! Yea, that one stressed me!!!

125 in 3 days? Did she think that you had super woman stashed in a drawer in your house? You're my hero...lol

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

It's all fun for me but I'm secretly hoping to leave behind a legacy.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to olleharr

Yes, 125! I couldn't believe it. I think my jaw hit the floor when she told me!! And of course she doesn't craft, so she had no idea the time it took! I was up till midnight a couple of nights getting them done. And no one could eat at the house because the kitchen table was full of them in various degrees of finished and drying!! I have no learned the word "NO!!!" at least to her!!! LOL!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 01-11-13 09:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I scrap mainly for the creative outlet it gives me. I also want to record the lil things in left that we forget over the years. Like the cute things my boys would do and say, a funny moment, etc. I like scrappin the little things more then the usual birthdays, etc. For me the lil things and stories are more likely to be forgotten (this getting old stuff bites!)

I'm hoping to have my grandchildren and future generations really know me and what our lives were like....not just look at photos and wonder

I LOVE this site!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I scrapbook for a few reasons. One: I love the whole creative process. It's amazing to me that I can take some random stuff, put it together and turn it into something else. Two: I want people to know who I was after I'm gone. My Grandma passed away when I was a teenager and there are so many things now that I wish I knew about her. Three: I do it for relaxation and for fun!

My goals for this year are to scrapbook more often, and to push myself to learn/try new techniques. Canadian Scrapbooker put out a series of books on different techniques (I've got two of them) and there's some really neat techniques that I want to try.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics