Username Post: Wow, I'm having a hard day!        (Topic#1584033)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

First one of my Perfect Pearls Mists was stopped up but I unstopped it pretty easy with hot water...problem solved.

But then I was using a mask and used tacky spray on it. It stuck too hard to the paper and completely tore the paper up, plus...it had paper stuck all over it. So then I had to get the UuDu out to get the paper off of the mask and it is still tacky. AND I bent the mask in a couple of little places because it is pretty intricate, (pulling it off the paper).

What did I do wrong with it? Did I spray on too much? I shook the can for quite a while before I sprayed it. Did I spray on too much mist and get the paper too wet?

I got out a new piece of paper, thankfully it's a Christmas pad and it has two of the pages I wanted to use. I'm not upset about the paper, I just am not happy that the mask is still too sticky and also I don't want it to happen again.

I misted again and the result is ok but I am not totally pleased.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

I never tack down my masks I just hold them down and spray. I don't know anyone who sticks them down I'm sure there are some but everyone I know just holds them and sprays.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sneezy1956

I never spray my masks down either. If anything I would use a little bit of painters tape to hold it in position. I find the spray adhesive to be really sticky. Hope you didn't ruin your mask!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to binkiemonstermom

Just remember a bad day at scrapbooking is still better than a good day at work!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
Just remember a bad day at scrapbooking is still better than a good day at work!

So So True! LOL!

Ok, I think I won't do that again. Jeeze.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I never spray my masks down either. If anything I would use a little bit of painters tape to hold it in position. I find the spray adhesive to be really sticky. Hope you didn't ruin your mask!

It's not actually adhesive, it's repositionable tacky spray but it didn't work for the way I was using it to say the least.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I wouldn't use the tacky spray.

If I have a mask that I want to secure, I use the repositionable glue dots. That way, you aren't coating the whole thing in spray and I am not sure how those sprays affect the mask.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Manda_K

• Quote:
It's not actually adhesive, it's repositionable tacky spray but it didn't work for the way I was using it to say the least

Got ya. That sucks!! But I am sure you spared someone here from doing the samething!!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Manda_K

Oh repositionable glue dots sound like a good idea.

Someone one here told me to use the tacky spray so it works for them, I think I used to much, the dots would be so much easier.

Anyway, I have made some headway now with my misting an inking, finally.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

sounds like your day is getting better. Hope you have fun scrapping and misting and inking. I am so hoping to get some scrapping done tonight.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to thehappyscrapper8

You can try to use some repositionable tape to hold down your mask. Spray adhesives can be very, very sticky. I used it to glue a poster size photo to some matting. Then I tried to shift the photo a little bit and forget it. It was stuck to that matting for life!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics