Username Post: Stamping Markers        (Topic#1584039)
ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03

Hey all - I'm looking to buy some markers to use with my stamps - what is your favorite brand?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to ScrapperKate03

It depends. Are you using them to color directly on your stamps or are you using them to color in what you've stamped?

Coloring in what you've stamped: A lot of people love copic markers but they can be an expensive collection. I read of a brand that is like them but cheaper. I don't know the name. Also, a lot of people will use prismacolor pencils and gamsol ( a solvent) for the same look but a cheaper price. Some have even used Bic Markers and shade them in.

Coloring directly on the stamps: I never had a lot of success with Zig markers for coloring directly on the stamp. I love Stampin Up markers for this.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to fknapoleon

Another fan of Stampin' Up markers to color directly on stamps. I also have copics to blend and color stamps in. I could use my SU markers as well but I do like the blending that copics give me.

ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03

That was my problem! I was buying/hoarding Zig markers but never had any good results when trying to use them directly on the stamps. I'll have to try the Stampin Up ones. Thanks!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

What about the TH Distress markers? Will they color on the stamp so you can huff on them and then stamp?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to meezerpleaser

I like my copics,,,,I spent more money trying to find a cheaper alternative,,,and then I finally gave in and bought them. There are places you can get them cheaper or on sale, and you don't need all 300 to get a good effect. I have about 50, and I'm just fine with that amount,,,,,,,at about 3.40 per marker, I bought them about 10-15 at a time,,,,,,,then I started the refills. I'm still collecting those LOL

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to CommaHolly

I heard of Letraset Promarkers...Actually got my first set this week. I've seen a lot of tuts on YouTube and ppl highly recommend them. They looks like can do the same job as copics @ a more affordable price.

Resident
In response to meezerpleaser

Yes they color on the markers and stamp they arent very good for much else unless you are willing to spend a small fortune on the special stamping paper.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to must_love_paper

Spectrum Noir and Tombow also make great markers.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to runzalot81

I love my Stampin' Up! markers!

Diva
In response to sabine

I dont use them that often but SU has been a success for my projects.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to must_love_paper

• must_love_paper Said:
Yes they color on the markers and stamp they arent very good for much else unless you are willing to spend a small fortune on the special stamping paper.

So if you're using them to color on the stamps and then on the paper, you'll still need special paper?

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

I LOVE the Tombow markers- you can get them at some Michaels or Joanne Fabric stores and using a % off coupon can make them easier on the wallet- I think mine were about $12 for a set of about 8 when I bought them in 1997. They still work great! I also have a few Stampin Up markers I got at the same time (I was a demo for a few years with them). But the Stampin Up ones still work great too! So I guess I like those 2 brands best I like the ones with double ends, brush type at one end and writing tip at the other. Dual duty for one price!

cricketscreations
Expert
cricketscreations
In response to catzscrapper

Love, love, love my Copics. I would not use any other marker.

poohdbear03
Expert
poohdbear03
In response to cricketscreations

I love copies but yet to get them I searched how much for every single color it was 988.00 + tax once ur a scrapper I guess u cannot complain as scrapping is a expensive hobby loll right ladies

Stamp4Joy
Tenant
Stamp4Joy
In response to poohdbear03

I use Stampin' Up! markers, too, and find they work well for most anything I want to do. I can use them for coloring in, watercoloring, using directly on the rubber, etc.

Disclaimer: Yes, I am a demo.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Stamp4Joy

If you're wanting a marker to colour directly onto the stamp itself so that the colour transfers onto the paper, please don't use alcohol markers such as Promarker or Copics. The colour likely won't stay wet long enough to stamp with, and the alcohol will ruin your stamp.

Use alcohol markers only to colour in your image after it has been stamped.

Forgive me if this is obvious and you knew it already!

cardnan
Tenant
cardnan

Hi Kate, I use Stampin Up markers for colouring on paper and then the blender pen for blending. I also use these markers for colouring stamps and then are great. As these have a large nib and a small nib, the smaller one is great to journal in scrapbooks

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics