Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Am I the Last to Discover...        (Topic#1584041)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

The wonderful feature at the bottom of the page, a bit below where you write replies and send them that says, "Add to Favorites" and lets you save your favorite topics?

I am on 3 challenges and sometimes I go through page after page and then more pages to find all 3 of them. Just saved them to favorites.

Then my two Critique Groups - in favorites.

Had to add Pay-Day Friday, the one thread I really try hard to keep up with.

Then I created a shortcut from the beginning screen of favorites and named it "scrap faves" and when I click on it, I just see those 6 threads or topics.

Next to that is my desktop shortcut for scrapbook.com if I have time to go through everything and next to that - the shortcut for my gallery.

Never occured to me to make a separate favorites file for the topics I check periodically throughout the day. And to include my 3 challenges I check throughout the day!

Thanks scrapbook.com - this really makes it convenient to check the boards! When I have more time I can check the entire boards but when I'm in a hurry I don't have to look for anything!

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Henri Jean

It's a very cool feature. If a thread has information you need to refer to, instructions, how to' s.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

That is a great idea too!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

OMG I hadn't noticed that! What a great idea!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Crafting Marfa

Took me quite a few years to find it and already I've clicked several times on my desk icon for scrap faves and it took me right to the 6 threads I check really often.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

I've never noticed - thanks for mentioning it!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-11-13 07:13 AM
In response to cindy312

Henri??

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to KimKV

Just be warned, if you are part of a thread that gets mopped, you can never get rid of it from your favorites.

*Yes, it is from personal experience.*

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Manda_K

Manda K -
Oh that explains why I have 2 in my favorites that I can't access or delete.

I sent Megan a PM, but nothing yet.
At one time she was able to get rid of those for us if we asked.

I know she's busy so no worries but it would be great if I could get rid of those!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

Yep - Kim, I am named Henri after my father who was H-E-N-R-Y. I was never a Henrietta - always a Henri. It's been kind of different. Kind of like a boy named Sue.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Don't like that you can't get rid of them if they get mopped but the ones I've saved are my two critique groups, Pay-Day Friday, and 3 challenges. None of them tend to be very controversial - just fun threads.

But I will keep that in mind - if a thread starts getting controversial, I'll get it out of favorites. Thanks for the heads-up!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

No, Henri. You are not the last to discover. I have no clue what you're talking about- so I haven't even discovered it, yet! lol

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

i'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. Oh, wait, yes I am! But not in the mean way, just that you seem more techno savvy than I am and I knew about the Favorites feature. It just struck me really funny, lol!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

lol

I have a feeling you are much more techno than I am!!!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

By the way, totally off topic, but I'm getting desperate and I hate job hunting, are there any openings at your place of biz? I don't know how much longer I can stick it out without totally losing it and saying something to the Nazi that should be left unsaid, lol!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

Yes, there are openings. In a few different departments. Want a hook up?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Not computer savvy at all here.

But I do love this favorites option. Now I open one thing and my challenges and Pay Day Friday and my two critique groups are in one place and I don't have to search all over for them!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Yes!!! Definitely!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Kory - go all the way to the bottom of this page. When you hit bottom look up on the right just a little bit and there is a place to click that says, "Save to Favorite Topics".

You can set up a file of Favorite topics so you can get to them quickly without sifting through everything when you are in a hurry.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

To access your list of favorites - go to the thing near the top for "my place". Hover the curser over it and you will get a list - click on
Favorites.

You will get a screen with a list - go down to favorite topics.

When I did that the first time I saved the page with the list of favorite topics to desktop. Now I just click on "Scrap Faves" and it give me a list of all my favorite topics. When I click on one it takes me right where I left off.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics