Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: 6x6 pads vs 12x12 paper pads        (Topic#1584053)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

So lately i've watched a ton of haul videos and lots of people see alot of people buying the 6x6 size but yet I don't see alot of lo's that are 6x6.

Do people make alot of 6x6 size?

I only buy 12x12 but was thinking that they are so much cheaper than an entire 12x12. Lately I seem to like to layer alot of patterned papers and wonder if i'd get more use and less waste out of a smaller pad? And then just buy a handfull of larger size for the background or solid cardstock for the background.

Hard to explain exactly what I mean so I hope you understand. lol

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Cindyckj

I buy 6x6 because I make cards. For me, I like to be able to have the smaller patterns from the smaller pad vs. the 12x12 (the patterns are bigger).

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to HisGEM

I think 6X6's are great if you make a lot of cards. For scrapping, I prefer 12x12 as I'd never know whether I'll use the entire sheet for background or cut it up and layer. I do have one 8X8 pad that my hubby bought for me. I don't prefer it but since he went through a great deal of effort picking out the "perfect" scrapping gifts, I tried to use as much of it as I can. Here are two 12x12 layouts made almost entirely from that 8x8 pad.

Once Upon A Time ... By Mama2Thomas

Medieval Adventure By Mama2Thomas

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to HisGEM

I also love to use the 6x6s on my layouts for things like diecuts and punches. The designs are smaller so they work great for these things!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to godschild94

I'm a paper junkie, so I have tons of 12x12 paper, but I also have over 40 6x6 pads. I find that I only use the 6x6 pads for making cards. For some reason, I just like working with 12x12 papers when I do layouts. Mind you, I'm not scrapping very much now, but when I do, I automatically go to my 12x12. I like the idea Janeen stated of using the 6x6 pads for die cuts and such. I might have to try that.

For me, I think the 6x6 size would feel too confining for working with on LOs. I'd worry that I didn't have enough of the paper I'd want for the page.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to siameseplease

I buy the 6x6 pads for cards, mini albums, and altered projects. I dont like to use them in lo. I often buy both the 12x12 and 6x6 of whatever line I like.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to siameseplease

I agree the smaller patterns make them ideal for card making but I too find I don't use them much in my scrapbooking.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to andrea m

I have never purchased 6 x 6 paper stacks. But the other day I ordered a warehouse package from Websters Pages and in the package there were 3 stacks of 6 x 6 paper. Yesterday I used one for layering on a scrapbook layout and I liked it. I probably won't be making a special effort to buy them, but I wouldn't say no to them either...lol

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have a few 6x6 pads. I use them for different things. If you do a lot of layering on your LO's they can be good for that. Instead of cutting up lots of different 12 inch papers. I also like to use them for altered art projects, mini albums!!, and decoupage. They are great for minis. And of course, cards. Lots of uses for them.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to Babylou

I use 6 x 6 paper for making cards or mini albums and I use the leftovers for my Cricut die cuts.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to scarlet864

I like it all!!! LOL!! I do have the smaller 6X6 pads and I do make cards. Generally the prints are smaller as some have pointed out. Perfect for cards. But what if you don't make cards? No problem. I have used the 6X6 for layers and punches, mats, strips, banners all for layouts. I only scrap 12X12 normally. I have done one or two 8X8 books which are fun but those are normally projects for my kids or a gift book. 8X8 pads are easier for me to use in scrapbooking, but I have both.
I went to Archivers one weekend to a crop. I loved an October Afternoon paper line. I really didn't want to spend all the money to buy the whole line because I wanted accessories too. So I bought the 8X8 paper pack and several of the accessories. I found solid card stock from my Stampin' Up stash that matches and began making layouts. I have several of them in my gallery on here from 8X8 paper packs. I like to see what I can make out of them. That day I did three different layouts using it and the two accessories packs I bought. I still have some of he chipboard left and still have lots of the 8X8 pad left. I just used some of it on my latest upload in my gallery. I am finally out of accessories but still have some of that 8X8 pack left!!!
I think they are a great value for your money. You do have to get creative but that's the fun part!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 01-11-13 09:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

joining the bunch here,,,,,,cards and mini books

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to binkiemonstermom

I reach for the 6*6 pads mostly on the embellishment stage, when the main background is set already, or for the most part. cutting up for flags, or banners, or even picture mats - 6*6 are better! yet sometimes I see the small page and think - oh, i wish I had this page in 12*12 LOL))
and - they are cheaper too!

DisneyDani
New Kid On the Block
DisneyDani
In response to OlesyaK.

6x6 pads come in handy when you are making cards or working with page sizes that are smaller 6x6 or 8x8 but I use them a lot on my 12x12 pages to aid in layering without all the cutting and then less paper gets wasted.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to DisneyDani

I love using the 6x6 stacks on Christmas cards, especially, and Valentine cards. Things that I send out in large multiples. The paper from the same line really coordinates and makes cardmaking easy. (Or as easy as it can be for someone like me!)

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to DisneyDani

Well I love to collect 6/6 pads and I have alot. If I buy a 12/12 it's usually a solid stack or rare occasions that the stores have them on sale under $10 bucks for pattern paper stacks. That's why I love smaller because some patterns in a 12/12 stack may look better to me in a smaller stack. Plus I can make die cuts with the smaller pieces or mat a picture w/o having to use a large piece.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Mia1979

I can make a mini album out of one 6x6 pad. So that makes a cheap album plus it all coordinates. I use it for the pages, plus for the embellishments. Also make cards, and use to cut out or punch for a 12" layout.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to SherylEb

I have two 6x6 paper pad. I use mines for either matted my photos. If the photo is the right size or sometimes for journaling or just for a decortived element to the layout.

Justie

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to justartguy007

I adore all paper, but each has it's own up or down side. I love the 6 X 6 pads since I make a lot of cards, and I just hate cutting into a beautiful piece of 12 X 12 to use just a bit of it, and the 6 X 6 is great for matting for the same reason. I typically won't buy an entire paper collection in 12 X 12, but with the 6 X 6 pads, I get to enjoy each piece anyway.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to justartguy007

I have had 8x8 and 6x6 and like to use them for a LO as the matting for pics. Some of the designs I had from The Angel Company were just so perfect for pics with a nice border. I scrap 8 1/2 x 11 tho so do not have to deal with a 12 x 12- I cut those down for my pages then have scraps for embellishments

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics