Username Post: Do you have a crafting role model? If so, who and why?        (Topic#1584055)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I have a friend who has been a role model for me in my crafting. Her name is Erin Basset. When I met her she was beginning to get her feet wet in the business. Nowadays she creates beautiful things. She scraps, sews, does mixed media, she teaches online and in stores, she designs for top manufacturers and her creativity is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Do you have anyone that you admire and like to emulate?

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Crafting Marfa

I came across Nichol Magouirk's videos several years ago, and was just in awe. I admire her ability to use so many things on a layout, the creativity of putting it together, and just how perfect everything layers. I literally catch my jaw dropping every time I see a layout she's done. I know my own style has evolved since discovering her. I try to look at my layouts in the same way, and they just aren't as good. I love her tips and tricks, and LOVE putting them to use, learning so much!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to tanyaham

I love Becca Feeken,,,,,,her work is amazing,,,,

and anyone on the spellbinders or Justrite stamps DTs,,,,,such gorgeous work!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to CommaHolly

im hooked on luvleescrapin and msliberty25 on utube. they make beautiful altered projects.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to andrea m

I love Gabriellep's style. I saw her work here a few years ago and was fascinated.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to sabine

Not so much a "role model", but Ashli Oliver has a quirky, amazing style that I can't get enough of.

She definitely inspires/influences me.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to kelseymel

I may be showing my age but so what! I have the biggest Respect and admire the crafting style of Carol Duvall. She used to have a TV crafting program for years, watched her with my Mom when I has in high school. She always did many crafts on her show scrapping, sewing, beading, painting, clay, soooo many different things and I LOVED that show but she has been out of the TV for a number of years now. I even got to meet her in Redmond, WA when she was doing a demo there. very Sweet lady with a mind full of recycling crafts and many others. I do have her recorded on VHS that I watch sometimes as I sew or scrap. I for sure consider her a role model as well as an extremely informative person on many craft subjects.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to catzscrapper

I wouldn't call her a role model but I love looking at Lisa Dickinson's work....she is very talented! Her blog is also great...she's a very good writer and sometimes makes me laugh out loud!

Alison

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

On this site.. because they do simpler layouts with great accents and inspire me constantly are

ChansGram http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/102488.html

Dwelch
http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/134889.html

Kzookeeper
http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/161553.html

Scrappin Kaz
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=profiles...

Sgoetter
http://www.scrapbook.com/profiles/34515.html

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to catzscrapper

• catzscrapper Said:
I may be showing my age but so what! I have the biggest Respect and admire the crafting style of Carol Duvall. She used to have a TV crafting program for years, watched her with my Mom when I has in high school. She always did many crafts on her show scrapping, sewing, beading, painting, clay, soooo many different things and I LOVED that show but she has been out of the TV for a number of years now. I even got to meet her in Redmond, WA when she was doing a demo there. very Sweet lady with a mind full of recycling crafts and many others. I do have her recorded on VHS that I watch sometimes as I sew or scrap. I for sure consider her a role model as well as an extremely informative person on many craft subjects.

Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Carol Duval. I used to watch the re-runs on DIY and she was amazing!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't think I'm old enough to know Carol Duwhatever

and if you believe that,,,,I've got a bridge to sell you.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to CommaHolly

On This Site:

Jennifer Snyder

Rachel

Megow

And Holly for Spellbinders!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

My first role model is my dear sweet mother. I was a sick child. She took amazing care of me. I had to spend the whole year when I was 3 in bed. She had me do everything crafty. She taught me how to make cards, she taught me how to do every craft, sewiing, art stuff. she taught me how to put stuff in the scrapbooks too. Every time I make stuff or do my pages, I always think of her. She would have loved the scrapbook stores.

I do have lots of fav artists here. They are ALL incredible. I get lots of inspiration from them.
I think the gallery here is stupendous.

Edited by anda11 on 01-12-13 04:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

justowen
Governor
justowen

• Crafting Marfa Said:
  • catzscrapper Said:

Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Carol Duval. I used to watch the re-runs on DIY and she was amazing!!!!

Me, too!! I wish some channel would pick up her shows so I could watch them now!

My first role models were my mom and grandma. They could make ANYTHING out of nothing! One time I was spending the day with my grandma and she wanted to go to town, but the clothes I was wearing were dirty from playing outside, so I watched her take a piece of fabric, lay it on the floor and she took her scissors and started cutting, then took it to her machine and sewed a few seams and I had a brand new dress in less than 15 minutes! No pattern or pins involved, just fabric, scissor and a treadle sewing machine.

One year my mom and my grandma made the five of us (my sibs and I) all Halloween costumes out of paper feed sacks. I dont' remember what all the costumers were, but I know one was an owl and one was a sea monster from a cartoon. A couple of them won their classes' costume contest that was held at our school each year.

My mom loved any and all kinds of crafting. She would have dearly loved scrapbooking.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to justowen

I loved Carol Duval. I taped her show every day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
My first role model is my dear sweet mother. I was a sick child. She took amazing care of me. I had to spend the whole year when I was 3 in bed. She had me do everything crafty. She taught me how to make cards, she taught me how to do every craft, sewiing, art stuff. she taught me how to put stuff in the scrapbooks too. Every time I make stuff or do my pages, I always think of her. She would have loved the scrapbook stores.

I do have lots of fav artists here. They are ALL incredible. I get lots of inspiration from them.
I think the gallery here is stupendous.

Linda; lucky you to have had that sweet mom. She taught you great skills for lifetime fun. thanks for sharing that.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Sunnydi

There are two on this site that I admire for their works: Pauline Van Den Bosch and Ingrid.

Both have an awesome style. Love their colours and techniques. Pauline has more of a Shabby Chiq and Ingrid has a mix of styles. Both keep amazing me. Something different every time. Ingrid tends to use store brand items that we can buy locally and Pauline uses a lot of items we normally would toss out.

On YouTube I came across a mixed media artist RachO113, She makes wonderful items. because of her, I am prepairing to make first steps into the mixed media art techniques. She makes wonderful Steampunk art pieces that I am totally diggin.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to TheCharmedOne

Heidi Swapp. I think she seems so down to earth and awesome. Seems like "she's the real deal".

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics