Username Post: Adhesive question        (Topic#1584075)
New Kid On the Block

Looking for help with the best adhesive to use to secure cut letters from a cricut machine to my project.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Kls1979

I love Martha Stewarts glue pen....

Edited by debby_westbrook on 01-11-13 05:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to debby_westbrook

My favorite is the Zig 2 way glue. I use that for my cricut script words and have been very happy with it. I have recently tried ScraPerfect glue and am on the verge of making that my NEW favorite glue. I have used the Zig for a number of years tho so maybe will now have 2 favorites as both seem to handle the job for delicate pieces! Best of Luck finding what you want

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to catzscrapper

There is a really cool trick to working with Cricut letters.

As you know, when they are on the mat they are beautifully and perfectly spaced and the lines are straight and even.

THen the chore of getting them off the mat and making them look even and straight again on the layout.

THere is an awesome trick someone showed me.

I purchased a roll of drywall tape 4 years ago and I still have about 1/3 left - maybe 1/2 and I use it frequently.

While the letters and the paper you cut them from are still on the mat put drywall tape over them. I have not found any other tape that works - nor have I heard of any. Home Depot, Lowes - they all have it. I get one fairly tight woven but you can still see through it.

Lift the letters up (will probably need your spatula) and do let them move around. If they do put them back in the place they came from in the cardstock and lift them again.

Once they are on the drywall tape they will be as perfect as they were when they were cut and still on the mat.

THen I move the drywall tape and letters around on my layout to decide where I want it and get an idea of placement.

A little glue from the Zig pen on each letter and lay the entire thing down where I want it. Then using the spatula I carefully peel off the drywall tape and my title is placed perfectly in minutes from when it is cut.

If I"m going to a crop I do the same thing only I put the drywall tape and letters on a piece of typing paper. Then when I get to the crop I peel it off and my letters are on the drywall tape ready to be glued.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Henri Jean

Henri Jean, thanks so much for posting this! What a great idea! I don't have a Cricut but do have the same problem with the Pazzles unless I connect the letters, which I don't always want to do.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Ms. Fit

Thank you Henri Jean for the helpful suggestion.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to dotfree

Henri Jean rocks!

And so does the Zig adhesive/glue!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

You're welcome!

Diva

Zig pens are great!

New Kid On the Block
In response to bayamonesa1

I wonder why the Zig Glue NEVER works for me!!!
I use it, leave it drying, and after a while the paper gets loose again!
What am I doing wrong?

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to angelicakm

I found after trying all the more expensive adhesives that this one really works the best for me. It has a great thin tip applicator at one end and a larger applicator at the other. The thin is perfect for small objects, letters, jewels, etc. Nothing ever falls off the pages and really lasts a long time. I feel I get a lot of use for my money with one little bottle. It has really good reviews here at SB.com store too. Give it a try. At only $3.39 it's worth a try.
Tombow - Mono Multi Liquid Glue

New Kid On the Block
In response to olleharr

Depending on the size of my letters being cut from the cricut, I usually just run them through the Xyron but I love Henri Jean's tip! I have a glue pen but never used it on the letters. I am definitely going to try it Henri Jeans way next time with the tape and then the glue pen. Great idea! Thank you so much for the tip!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to joannwright61

Angélica, I don't use the roller ball style, I use the one with a tip that almost looks like a felt tip pen. The roller ball style never worked for me, and I tried several brands. But are you sure the glue is still wet when you are applying the piece to your lay out? Or possible you are not putting enough glue on it? I have used Zig for many years and everything is still stuck.

Henri, you always share the BEST ideas!! I had never heard this one and am going to try it too! I recently got a new cartridge and am dieing to get out the Cricut to play! Hopefully soon or I could wither and fade away I wish so much my Man would be like some of the Guys on here and want to scrap so I could get out of doing all the other projects he comes up with(yard work, painting walls, scrubbing stuff, housework, laundry...) Should be a law that every crafty person gets 2 hours each day to do scrapping or any craft they wish to Yes a LAW! I am going to call the President and make the request

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to catzscrapper

You are so funny Janet!

I went to a crop this weekend and had several titles made out on my Cricut and lifted onto Drywall tape and then that was put on a piece of copy paper.

At the crop I just peeled the drywall tape off the copy paper, glued the back of the letters, laid the drywall tape and letters where I wanted them and peeled off the drywall tape.

Only took a minute to get a title down. I had to figure out where I wanted the title placed but I didn't have to space and line up the letters - that was held in position on the drywall tape.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

I love my Xyron's, but I can see where some of the ladies talk about the expense because there is some waste. I find it acceptable because I use a coupon at HL to get it and for me, it's so much easier and less messy than glue. To help minimize the waste, I'm careful as I pull to drop more letters in and do one strip, not individial pieces for every letter.

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 01-31-13 01:16 PM
In response to scrapchica

I use my Xyron too. I place the letters as close as I can to one another when I load them in. Saves on tape.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Amy_

I HIGHLY recommend a glue called "The Best Glue Ever". It's great. It has a very fine tip on the end of it, and I've very rarely had it clog. You can do a search for it to locate the place where you can buy it, called ScrapPerfect. I always keep at least one extra bottle on hand.

Diva
In response to dwelch

Good to know~

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

I need to check that out! Thanks Darla!

JLarsen747
Governor
JLarsen747
In response to Kls1979

I love using my Sticker Maker when I use my Cricut to cut our letters. Very easy to use and I use a pair of tweezers to place all my letters on my pages.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics