Username Post: Expression, Grand Calibur or Silhouette?        (Topic#1584109)
Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G

I am looking for the quickest and easiest method of having some flourish images, alphas and matting designs at my finger tips.

I have an expression now but no longer have a designated scrap room to keep things set up.

The machine and matting take up too much room on my little table as well and flipping through the booklets is just time consuming. I'm not a layering die cut person (cutting out several of the same shape in different colors) and would rather just got buy complex die cuts these days since I don't scrap as much. I need a machine that's best for fancy matting, flowers and alphas more than anything

I love the look of nesties and the layering you can do but does it take a lot of time to cut them all out by hand? I'm measuring the time it takes to run matting vs. the time it takes for me to stick the paper to the circut mat and type in what I need and then scrape it off the mat...

Is it hard to learn and how big is the grand calibur? Is there a smaller version? I rarely mat anything larger than 5x7 so can I use a cuttlebug?

the silhouette seems smaller and lighter than the expression. Is it hard to learn to download the files and organize them on the computer?

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Just G

it is not hard to download the designs for the silhouette, and depending on where you get them from, you may not need to organize them at all. if you buy designs from the online store, then they feed directly into the software, and you can do a search for whatever you want. you can also create folders to organize them if you want, just as you could do to organize pictures. if you only download free designs, you simply put them in folders like you would pictures.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Rosita

I have an expression and a silhouette cameo. And I like the cameo so much more. You can create images, alter existing images, weld your letters together. There are beautiful flourishes that you can alter and weld, also great full page cuts.

No books or carts to keep track of either, you just type in a search box and that will pull any image in your library related to that keyword.

Downloading images is really very easy, like Betsye said they download to the software. You can also download fonts from websites and use them with your machine. When you initially hook up a silhouette, any font that is on your computer automatically shows up in the program. And there are tons of great sites to get free fonts to download.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to MrsAnnieS

how big is the silhouette and is it heavy?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Just G

The Cameo is just about the same size as the Expression .
To me, it's seem a bit lighter than the Expression.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to ChansGram

There is also a Silhouette Portrait which does 8 1/2 x 11 if size is an issue...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to traceyjean

i store it in a closet but want something lighter and easier to move in /out

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics