Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: looking for a new trimmer        (Topic#1584145)
amityknight
Tenant
amityknight
In response to joannie

I HATE my cutterpede. I just find that it doesn't cut straight. I had a cricut one which I didn't like.
I have recently purchased the new Stampin Up cutter. It has a larger base than the other two I own. I like that. It is over 6' so the paper can sit on the board well. I bought this cutter before I joined up to Stampin Up. So far it is holding up well. You never know with them though. Often a cutter will work well for 4 months but with the amount I use my cutters they wear out quickly. Ask me in a few months if I still love it. lol

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to amityknight

• amityknight Said:
I HATE my cutterpede. I just find that it doesn't cut straight. I had a cricut one which I didn't like.
I have recently purchased the new Stampin Up cutter. It has a larger base than the other two I own. I like that. It is over 6' so the paper can sit on the board well. I bought this cutter before I joined up to Stampin Up. So far it is holding up well. You never know with them though. Often a cutter will work well for 4 months but with the amount I use my cutters they wear out quickly. Ask me in a few months if I still love it. lol

Your very first cut on a new cutting mat needs to be without paper, and very careful. If you get that straight, all your subsequent cuts should be straight, because the blade will follow the groove you have made in the mat.

debt0526
Tenant
debt0526
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have gone through 2 Cutterpedes - both times the arm has gotten broken. I can't seem to find replacements for it - so I'm shopping for a different one. I love it -- if the arm didnt' break. Maybe I'm too rough with it...

AimeeInOhio
Pro
AimeeInOhio
In response to debt0526

I'm a big fan of Tonic brand trimmers!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to amityknight

I was a demonstrator for a number of years and learned that I should ALWAYS have more than one trimmer, even if one just sits in the closet till needed.

I have several Fiskars ones which I am always happy with. I do have the Cricut one, not the best for me but better than nothing. Then I have an older one I got at a garage sale for $5 which is a guillotine style, big and heavy with a wooden base~ This one is awesome and I love it but it needs a very steady place to use it because of it's weight. I also have one called Ionic that was sold by a company that went away(closed) I have not been able to find replacement blades for it but love the trimmer. I cannot imagine that the company was only making this trimmer for The Angel Company?! I am almost thinking I may be able to rig my own blade for it with an exacto blade but still am looking any how. Who knows maybe it was made by the Angel Company but why would they not be all over the place like their stamps??
I know I take the long road with most answers

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to catzscrapper

I really got tired of always having to buy new blades for my trimmer and then it got to where I struggled to even find them anymore. A few months ago I just broke down and purchased an office style paper cutter with the big arm blade. Love it! So quick and easy and sharp. Takes up a lot more room but I always have it out and ready to cut this way and no more cursing the jagged edges from a dull blade.

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-27-13 10:08 AM
In response to olleharr

Do you have to replace the blades on the Fiskars rotary trimmer like you do with the one with the wire?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ckair

Yes, you do have to replace the rotary blades but it is super simple. It pops out and a new one pops in. A 5 second replacement job.

It cuts through up to 4 pieces of paper at a time and rarely needs to be changed.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics