Username Post: the inside of the cards        (Topic#1584151)
New Kid On the Block

I have been looking at the gallery of cards and would like to know why the inside of the cards are rarely shown? I need help all around. I love the card and scrapbooking hobbie but I am sorry to say I need all the help I can get.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jake2009

I USUALLY double mat mine inside,,,,

my card base is usually white,,,,

then I make a mat 1/4 inch smaller in a complimentary color,,,,,

then another white mat on that 1/4 inch smaller than the colored sheet.

then I might put a strip of the pp on the inside,,,,or a couple pearls,,,,,or gems,,,,,,or a small corner stamp.

I like the extra weight the mats give,,,,and I like to try and tie in the outside colors or patterns in some small way.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to CommaHolly

I have a few examples in my gallery, if you want to take a peek.

Diva
In response to sabine

I go with the flow. I look at this site's gallery for ideas and also magazines, blogs, etc.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to bayamonesa1

I usually put a coordinating sentiment on the inside. Or leave it blank and write in it.

Diva
In response to fknapoleon

Same. I don't l ike to stamp or write the message or sentiment until I know I will se sending it to.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

If any ribbon or embellishment on the front of the card shows through to the inside, I put a mat on the inside 1/4" smaller than the card. Or if the base of the card is a dark color, I will put a mat on the right side so that I can stamp a sentiment and be able to write on it.
Now if I am just making a card for my blog or if I am making some for my card box (to be used later), I might stamp a sentiment on the inside, I might leave it blank to be stamped later when I know who I am sending it to. Coordinating stamps are nice. Even if it just a little flower or flourish in the corner. Not needed but nice.
I also stamp the back of the card with my personalized stamp from Stampin' Up. I love love love, my name stamp! (you can only order through a demo not online).
Some even stamp a little bit on the envelope too.
I think I have a couple of cards on my blog from November that showed the inside of the card too.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to binkiemonstermom

You're right, I rarely post the insides.

Mostly I stamp a plain sentiment such as Happy Birthday, or Many Happy Returns. Thank you and sympathy cards I leave blank for a written note.

Sometimes I'll include a cut-down version of the front of the card inside.

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to RedSquirrel

I have a little book with poems for spezial days and I use the poems for the inside

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to smcdavid1

cuz the outside is where the action is!

MARY Brown
Tenant
MARY Brown
In response to jake2009

I usually embelish inside part of the cards. In my small gallery you can see samples

Edited by MARY Brown on 01-31-13 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cricketscreations
Expert
cricketscreations
In response to MARY Brown

I always finish off the inside of my cards. You can see some in my gallery.

Diva
In response to cricketscreations

I make cards and embellish them insiade out but no message until I know who I will send it to.

Edited by bayamonesa1 on 02-04-13 05:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert

On this topic..do you handwrite your inside sentiments? I've been doing them on the computer..printing out on white cardstock, then using my spellbinders dies to cut them out.

Just Nora
Idol
Just Nora
In response to deedee49

I rarely post the insides because I don't finish them until I send them out. That way, I personalize it some way for whomever I am sending it too.

cardnan
Tenant
cardnan
In response to Just Nora

Sometimes, I finish the inside of my cards. I usually will print out a verse or sentiment on my computer onto card stock, trim and then adhere to the inside of my card, sometimes I use stamps to carry on the theme from the card front. I will wait until I have decided whom to give the card to so that I can personalize it.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to cardnan

Most of the time I just leave the insides blank and write a hand-written personal note. I might add a small stamp to tie it in with the outside, but generally just double mat a space for writing.

bees-knees
New Kid On the Block
bees-knees
In response to dwelch

I like the insides of my cards as bright as their fronts, so I always put lots of effort (and time) to make them beautiful. Here you can see the examples of it

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ywi0ieOsOZo/UbZ5XfBX ...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-f1xVF0plJNs/UbZ80PSt ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O_A25ztaSIo/UbZ-HKEk ...

And here is the whole album of my cards

https://plus.google.com/photos/11037240031225 0397540/al...

P.S. Sorry for my English.

New Kid On the Block
In response to jake2009

I just saw your question and have been thinking exactly the same thing. It seems like the inside of the cards get lost in the process. I try to make the inside look as beautiful as the outside and basically use the same kinds of papers, ribbons, colors, theme, etc on the inside. I take as much care and time with the inside as the outside. But the inside never looks the same as the outside --- just carries the theme or colors through in a different format. But I've also wondered why the Gallery cards don't show the insides more often.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics