Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Storing Albums        (Topic#1584203)
Besneys
Guru
Besneys

I just wondered how and where you store your albums? Many of you must have over 50 albums...myself I only have four. One (not necessarily the same one) is on the coffee table and the others are in a drawer in my craft room.
Just wondered what you all do with yours?

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Besneys

I got a Billy bookcase from IKEA this summer and it holds all my albums in the playroom/ office. The shelves were deep enough for my albums and the entire bookcase holds MANY albums without bowing or tipping. I have a ton more room too!! I think I got the five shelf bookcase.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to kirasmommy

Thanks Kirasmommy..might have to invest in one if my project 2013 on the USA goes according to plan x

Anne aka Besneys x

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to Besneys

I have about 15 12x12 albums that are sitting nicely on a 4x2 Expedit shelf that I bought from IKEA. I LOVE that shelf because it is the PERFECT size for these albums. The shelf also holds a bunch of my other scrapping goods. Thinking of getting another one as my collection is growing.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Besneys

I got an industrial rack to hold mine (over 50). Since I chrono scrap and sometimes I have 4 or 5 albums per year + I do special albums for birthdays, school years, etc., I will have to eventually put #3-4 albums in the back and #1-2 of that year in the front of them (the shelf depth will hold 24"). I use 3-ring binders and have the binders marked using clips with the year, dates plus the # of the album, so this system will work for me in the future. Hope that makes sense.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to prittb

I second the Expedit bookcase from Ikea....I have 2 of them and they are perfect for storing 12x12 albums. The shelves are deep enough so that the albums fit and don't hang over the edge.
I also use one Expedit for storing my chipboard and punches etc. in baskets.

Alison

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to kiyawinn

thanks people xx I feel a trip to Ikea coming on this weekend if we don't get the dreaded snow that is being threatened x

Anne x

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-16-13 09:47 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Okay, I want one of those Expedit bookcases!!

My 12x12 just hang over the edge of a bookcase.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Besneys

Remember to store them standing up; not laying down. I have an acrylic sheet I put over the tops of mine to help keep dust out of the books.

AimeeInOhio
Pro
AimeeInOhio
In response to Sunnydi

Right now they are in a wooden rack (in my room) from a friend, but we are buying two large expedits for in our living room around the tv, and the scrapbooks will go there. The kids like to look at the books, but I don't want them in my room!!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-16-13 11:50 AM
In response to AimeeInOhio

Oh I have wondered if the IKEA shelves would work...glad to hear that they do.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Remember to store them standing up; not laying down. I have an acrylic sheet I put over the tops of mine to help keep dust out of the books.

I don't know about this; I have a three-ring binder that's been standing up for just a few months and the bottom outside corners of the pages are already getting curled from standing up.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to aquabunny

I also have a shelf unit from ikea in my livingroom

album storage By Melissadam

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to melissadam

I have a bookcase from Target that I purchased years ago that fits my 12x12 albums just right. I keep the bookcase in the living room so that the kids can get to the albums whenver they want.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I have three scrapbook albums only one of them is in use of right now. But soon the other two will be in use for layouts. I put them in a tall shelf united with doors I got from Wal Mart few years ago. I keep most of my photo albums in there too. I like the door feature on it. It keeps my stuff from getting dusty. I have clean the other shelfs to make more room for my other scrapbook albums in the future.

Justie

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to justartguy007

I wanted a storage space outside of my scrap room so that people would have easier access to the books. I found a large six foot tall shelving system at Hobby Lobby. It has five shelves that hold about 10-14 albums per shelf. I have awhile to go before it is full.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to 950nancy

We have a pine bookcase but the albums stick out. I want an Expedit system too, but we have nowhere to put it so that won't be happening.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to RedSquirrel

I keep mine in the entertainment center and they are standing up. When they were in storage for a year they were laying flat and the left impressions in the page protectors.

Edited by NMlady on 01-17-13 03:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to NMlady

Most of mine are on an industrial strenght shelf in the basement, near my scrappy area. My mini-albums are upstairs in the living room on a little shelf. I would love to get an Expedit system for down here to hold my albums and my boys' art supplies (maybe even get the table piece so they can have a space to be crafty) but that won't happen anytime soon. Part of that is because the nearest IKEA is 4 hours away and we barely got a simple desk home in our car...can't see how we'd get the size I want home without a different vehicle! But I'm going to have to figure something out soon because I'm running out of space on the shelves...

Diva
In response to HuskerMom98

I don't keep scrapbooks. I give them away to my daughters, relatives and my older grandson, friends, etc. I keep the memories in my heart. Now, this is to change a little bit this year. I want to make BOM for my daughters so they can have something about me..but again, I am going to give them to them!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics