Username Post: ATG GUN HELL!        (Topic#1584207)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

OMG I finally got back in october an atg gun for those of you who have no idea what that is: A- advanced T- Tape G- gun. Advanced Tape Gun glider.
I got it at Micheals in TEXAS and it was by scotch 3m. PINK i thought it was perfect i took it home then trouble. The tape pulled away from the paper it was sticking to i had to pull it apart from the paper it is confusing so i took it back and exchanged it. GOT A new one and it got all gunked up and kept on staying stuck to the gun and not to the paper (same problem) so i had to eventully return it!!! now i am just stuck using hot glue gun and glue sticks. any ideas on what to try NEXT????
thanks for letting me VENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what a pain.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to mindygail

Oh wow!
I love, love, love my ATG gun!!!
Never had a problem w/ it!

I'm actually very shocked that you did.
I don't know what to suggest as since I started using ATG I wouldn't go back to any other adhesive.

Sorry about your troubles.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Doreena

Mine has only done stuff like that when its loaded wrong.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-16-13 09:19 AM
In response to mindygail

Hi, Sorry to hear about the ATG Gun. I have one and love it, most days!! Mine will occasionally act up like that. I adjust the way I am holding it and it pretty much stops.

There are so other adhesives out there, I am sure you will find one that you like.

I found this one the superstore, appears to be similar to the ATG, but smaller.

Glue Arts - Glue Glider Pro Plus - Perma Tac - Multi-Directional Continuous Adhesive Applicator

Xyron also make a tape runner.

I have a friend that has this and likes it.

Tombow - Mono Adhesive (Permanent) Dispenser - New Style

I'm sure you will get a lot of suggestions here and one will work!! Hang in there!

Edited by KimKV on 01-16-13 09:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to KimKV

Yep, sounds like it was loaded wrong..

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-16-13 11:51 AM
In response to JayAndXansMom

Another vote for incorrectly loaded.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to GMFTS

Agreed, sounds incorrectly loaded. Also, hot glue gun and glue sticks, gack, stop using both immediately!

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to aquabunny

Check youtube for videos on how to load you ATG! I did it wrong the first time and the same thing happened to me!!

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to Vallee

It's either loaded wrong, or it's the way you are holding it. 90% of the time people complain, they hold it wrong.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

You have to develop the trick of releasing the trigger and lifting up at the same time. If you don't, it will stick to the paper and make a mess. There is a learning curve with the ATG and some people learn it right away and some have to have a lot of practice.

I went to one crop and there was a woman - probably close to 90 years sitting next to me and her daughter was sitting next to her. She had given her mother papers to make cards.

The older woman looked over at my ATG gun and picked it up and glued her card and set it down. Then she waited for me to finish with it and picked it up again and used it. That went on for 6 hours. I think she thought the store was furnishing it and I wasn't about to tell her she couldn't use it - she was enjoying it so much and had a perfect touch with it so I shared with her all evening. Never said a word to her.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Henri Jean

{How Do I Heart Thee?} By KellyCali

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

• Cupcakes for Chloe Said:
It's either loaded wrong, or it's the way you are holding it. 90% of the time people complain, they hold it wrong.

This.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Vallee

• Vallee Said:
Check youtube for videos on how to load you ATG! I did it wrong the first time and the same thing happened to me!!

And this.

(insert lifesaver)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Patience & practice.

Yes, it takes some getting use to.

And no, it wasn't made by the devil.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to KellyCali

I have the generic version (glue glider pro) and it works fine but it seems you proably have the tape cart in wrong

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Just G

Look at them here on SB.com; there is a video of how to load it. I have the same pink one (lol and got it from an Ms in TX.) At first I hated it because of the same issues you're having, but now that I've used it for a while it is an absolute must have. I urge you to try again with using the videos and see if you like it a bit better then. Good luck!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I will agree, reloading the ATG tapes a bit to get used to. When I went to reload the gun, I had to use the directions for the first couple of times. Now I can do it in my sleep. LOVE LOVE LOVE my ATG!!!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to binkiemonstermom

I load it right and can still have this problem with it occasionally. There is a trick to getting it to release right. Sometimes I get it mastered and sometimes I should just give up.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to KatieJo

When you use the gun you have to lift up and release at the end of whatever you are gluing.
Just keep trying. It took me awhile to learn all the tricks but now I can't live with out it. I've also found that if you don't get the actual ATG refils it doesn't work as well either.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Vallee

What everyone else said. "You're doing it wrong."

I found some refill adhesive I bought at Michaels were not good. The roll wasn't wound tightly, and didn't work nicely.

There definitely is a technique for using the trigger and releasing. Takes a little practice. It does NOT work like a typical adhesive tape.

And ditto what aquabunny said. PUT down the glue sticks!! NOT worth your time. They WILL fail!!! And, I'd never use hot glue in my scrapbooks.

Amy_
Amy_ 
Guru
Amy_
  • Amy_ on 01-31-13 01:01 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

I had been looking at these for a while and for my birthday I treated myself. They were 40% off at Michaels along with another 15% off total purchase so I took the plunge. Was really excited to get it home and give it a whirl. When I opened the box all that it contained was the gun. No tape. Box stated that 2 tape rolls were included. I was so disappointed. I live over an hour from the nearest Michaels so will probably be a while before I can return.

Edited by Amy_ on 01-31-13 01:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Amy_

I bought one that had the something...no tape. I had bought some extra when I was there but still was mad. I think someone takes the extra tape out of the boxes, the boxes are not sealed well. Heck, knowing Michaels, they could be doing it themselves!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics