Username Post: Storing Memorabilia        (Topic#1584237)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

I just recently heard of a great idea to display/store memorabilia until you are ready to use it in a scrapbook page. Pin it to a bulletin board! That way you won't forget you have it. How do you store your memorabilia?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-17-13 09:03 AM
In response to t-scraps

I think a magnetic board would be a little better - no pinholes in your items. But I like the idea. I just put mine in ziploc bags, I have zero wall space for a board - too much art on the walls!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to t-scraps

while "having it out in the open" is a great way to remind ourselves of the things we have it also exposes the materials to light which can cause fading. Even scrapbooking paper fades in light! And once it fades, it's gone. Something to think about if you are not going to use it within a couple weeks.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I use file folders stored in hanging files in file boexes. Store the items in a file folder marked with date and event, etc. When my photos are processed thee are divided into the file folders with the memorbilia. That way it is altogether and ready when I need it.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to rockmom

Since I am behind on my scrapping I bought a couple of A3 size storage boxes. I have one for each trip and inside is everything I brought home and also the pictures. When I start with an album, I take my box and first spent hours looking at everything and enjoying it all over again!

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-17-13 05:14 PM
In response to elsje2

I use page protectors and keep them all in a notebook, e.g. all memorabilia from mt rushmore in one page protector. Now, is only i had thought of this awhile ago!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ckair

My system is closest to rockmoms.

I scrap chronologically and each file folder has one port or event or set of photos with the memorabilia and even embellies I plan to use. If I know exactly which patterned paper or cardstock I'm going to use it goes in there, otherwise I save those choices until I start working on the page.

When I'm ready to scrap a new page everything I need for the pages is already together and ready to scrap. If its an event that will be a lot of pages, its in one folder and I'll divide it out when I start planning it. I always know what I'm scrapping next - I just peek at the folder.

Scrapping to be Done By Henri Jean

Diva
In response to Henri Jean

I keep mine in different places depending upon date, person, etc. Always trying to keep it away from dust.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to bayamonesa1

I keep mine in very large manilla envelopes. Photos go into smaller envelopes and placed inside the envelope as well. I write the event and date on the envelope in pencil (so I can reuse the envelopes), and when I'm ready to scrap, I just grab the envelope. It makes it easier to take to a friend's house or to crops, too. I can go through the envelope and plan out my papers and embellishments to take with me.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to veejer

I store mine in 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors that I picked up at an office supply store, by year.
Anything we did in one year (most of it is for my son) goes into a protector.
Then, they are all kept in a basket in my scraproom.
I also store "verbal stuff" on my iphone. I record my son talking & singing, I jot down notes on the funny things he said, I take screen captures of text messages etc.....

Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics