Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Help Me Get My Groove Back!        (Topic#1584239)
Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Henri Jean

Completely agree with what Jen said above.

Don't feel obligated. Work on what you like, when you can.

My personal tip-- use a 3-ring album. That way, you can work on things as you are inspired, but easily store them chronologically.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Bxr-Linda

Sometimes starting small helps me rediscover the lost mojo. I sometimes do 8x8s or 6x6s because the bigger pages and projects are overwhelming.
Scrap with your kids. Your little girl may love having her own little stash and as you help her, you'll help you.
I think you're on your way...once you realize you want to start again and forget about why you quit in the first place you'll pick it up again.
then watch out.

Edited by dollscrap on 01-18-13 09:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to dollscrap

Something that may help you is to check out Project Life. Google Becky Higgins, and go to her blog. Today, she has a video up from CHA where she's explaining Project Life in great detail. I don't to Project Life, but it sounds like something you may benefit from.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to flintridgescrapper

Here's my twopennyworth.

I only started scrap-booking 5 years ago, in my late 30s. There was and is no way on this earth I would ever get "caught up".

I made a pact with myself that I would start NOW and scrap one page for each month. More than that was a bonus. Only 2 LOs each month meant 1 for the current month and 1 from the past. It works - if I put pressure on myself, it takes away the fun.

Diva

RIght now I am in a slow motion. I did so many projects for Christmas time that I don't even want to go into my scrapbook room. I am in need to get the motivation up!

KaybeeBitters
Guru
KaybeeBitters
In response to bayamonesa1

I am SOO in your shoes right now! I used to LOVE scrapping...but its been so long. I haven't printed pictures in ages, haven't bought supplies...I'm so out of it! I make bows and that has kind of taken over my crafty time, but I have a crafty section set up and I plan to clear the bow stuff off of one table and set out my SB stuff. One thing that has always been overwhelming before is having to clean everything up at the end of hte scrap session. If I can leave it out then its not "dragging it all out" and seems more inviting. All these things I plan to do very soon. Probably this weekend...I have no choice but to start with older photos, as thats all I have printed at the moment, but it will certainly help clear the room up for me to order new! Excited to start again.

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1

I agree about doing quick photobooks for your 4 year old, he will love it, you will feel awesome that you have something to share with him, and it will take away some of the guilty feelings that are interfering with your love of scrapbooking!

And then by all means do traditional and more intricate pages for your favourite pics.

Also, this way when he is an adult you could give him the photobook as a gift, and keep a traditional scrapbook with the pages of the favourite photos that you have done for yourself.

I use this dual system for my boys: a simpler "just get it done" version that I will give to them someday, and a "use all my cool stuff" version that I will not part with

Hope this helps!!

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

I agree with what others have said, especially about the fact that you do not have to scrap ALL of the photos. I have photos that will probably never get put in a scrapbook, and that's ok.

My advice would be this:
1) Go through all of the pictures of your son and pick out the ones that you absolutely love, or the ones that document a special moment such as birth and first birthday.
2) Sort through your stash. Find papers, embellishments, etc. that just sort of jump out at you and set them aside. Perhaps while going through your stash you could "declutter" it. I'm not saying throw your stuff away necessarily, but you could possibly give it to your daughter for her to begin making her own books. And while going through your stash items that you want to use, you can put your own kits together. This is what I'm currently doing.

You could also let your daughter scrap photos that you don't really want to scrap yourself. Perhaps you could let her take some pictures for her scrapbooking. And then you and her can spend some quality mother daughter time once or twice a month working on your books together.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to OneScrappyGal28

I have three boys...age 18, 14 and 11. I am just now getting time to scrap because the boys are doing their fave things while I scrap about them. I used to stress myself out about getting caught up...and I learned we never will be since life is ongoing.

One thing I did which was so liberating was to take a Photo Freedom class...not sure it is offered anymore, but you can probably get the book. Either way here is the key....you don't have to do every page in order...do what moves you to be creative.

Finally, when you have events that involve all the kids...make the same page in duplicate with their individual pics. Such a time saver and they will all love it!

Just came back to add...this is a super great creative place. Just stop in when you have a moment and it will help you find that extra time to create.

Hoping you find your scrapping mojo...it's great Mom time with all the fun but no mom guilt since it's usually about our kiddos.

Edited by ScrappinMom4 on 01-19-13 06:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 01-19-13 09:20 PM

ah you sound just like me - dd keeps asking when i am going to finish her album. i get so caught up in online challenges and swaps - i sometime forget to work on her album.

i am thinking of hosting a crop here in hopes that having other ladies here will get me moving on her album

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to timon

Try not to pressure yourself, For me that is a fun wrecker. But just work a page at a time, get it done as you have time and don't worry about what you don't have done. Worry is useless and you have a page to scrap Young Lady!! I find for me that sometimes I just do not have the 'feeling' to scrap and other times I want to do nothing but scrap. I do make a point to try, even if it is just choosing embellishments that match a subject I need to scrap. When the mood is there, go with it, if right now does not feel like the time, have a beverage and try again later. Your Mojo is still there

Cjsmommy5698
Tenant
Cjsmommy5698
In response to KaybeeBitters

I am in the I need to get back to scrapping boat too- its been 4 years or more since I scrapped a single photo... We recently went on our first cruise, and my son is going to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji as a student Ambassador with People to People in June.I decided to just look though my stuff and do SOMETHING.. The first album i came to was from our Disney Christmas Vacation in 2005... I just took that and ran with it. I got 3 or so pages on and i have such a feeling of accomplishment!! I'll decise whats next, when i finish these pics....

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics