Username Post: Which are your favorite crafts books and why?        (Topic#1584241)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I love Creative Foundations. It is full of mixed media techniques. I also just purchased Mixed Media Dollhouses. It has a lot of ideas for making dollhouses out of everyday objects. Which are your favorite crafts books and why?

Diva
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have quite a few books, but I don't recall their titles. I do faith booking so I tend to buy those ones and I have not been disappointed at all.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-17-13 09:20 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

I like books that are inspirational. I find most how-to books to be too simple or really not my style. Lark Books 500 Series is very exciting, and they also publish a TON of very good craft books in practically every medium imaginable - some how-to, and some showcasing works of artists. larkcrafts.com - but you might want to hide your credit card first

I also really like the Dover clip art books that come with a CD - I've collected several and I've used images on LO's (both digi LOs and I've printed images for paper LOs), in card-making, and random other craftiness.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to stick

I haven't bought a craft book in ages. There are so many other avenues; I haven't thought about a craft book in forever.

~LinMom~
Veteran
~LinMom~
In response to stick

I know they are old, but I still love Becky Higgin's Sketches magazines/book for inspiration.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ~LinMom~

I also have Creative Foundations and love it!
I also love my Canadian Scrapbooker magazine...it always has tons of layout ideas as well as an article on some technique and an article on photography...
I also like Tim Holtz' Compendium of Curiosities book. It has lots of ideas for using his products.

Alison

New Kid On the Block
In response to kiyawinn

Wow, there are so many good ones!!!
Start with those:
- all Cathy Zielske books
- all Ali Edwards books
- The adventurous scrapbooker
- Photo Freedom, by Stacy Julian ( this one is a must, it teaches how to organize the scrapbooking process)
- the Creating Keepsakes special editions
- the Scrapbooker`s Essential Guide to Color

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Crafting Marfa

I am so glad to hear Creative Foundations is so highly recommended because I just ordered that one. The most helpful books (way ahead of any others) I have found are The Scrapbookers Essential Guide to Color and The Scrapbook Designers Workbook, both of which are Memory Makers books. Not only did those 2 books help with my scrapping, but I learned basic principles that have contributed to a greater appreciation of art when DH and I visit all the wonderful museums and galleries in the course of our travels. They are really great books!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Ms. Fit

I've had a couple of books bought for me, but I'll be honest, I rarely look at them. I should.

I get most of my inspiration from magazines, blogs and challenges. And from my stash.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics