Username Post: Keeping your pictures smudge free!        (Topic#1584245)
VintageDutchGirl
Tenant
VintageDutchGirl

So whenever I go to attach my pictures to a layout I notice that I end up getting smudges all over my pictures. What is the best way to attach your photos so they are nice and secure without smudging them all up?

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to VintageDutchGirl

Are you printing pictures glossy or matte? I find that matte photos don't smudge as easily. With the matte photos, sometimes I also take a lint free cloth and lightly rub out the smudges.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Mama2Thomas

I use an eyeglass cleaning cloth (I got at the dollar store) to wipe my photos.

You want to wipe them off as soon as you can. As time goes on, the fingerprints become more difficult to remove, until they are permanent.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Bxr-Linda

I use the eyeglass thingie too! I think Stampin' Up carried one years ago, but I didn't buy it. I saw one of my girlfriends had it and figued an eyeglass cleaning cloth would work just as good and I had plenty of those! After I get done with a layout, I wipe all the pictures with the cloth. Perfect again!!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I use two different methods to keep my photos clean. One, I often wear cheapo cotton gloves when working with them; and two, like the others have mentioned, I wipe them clean with one of those micro fiber cleaning cloths used for glasses and camera lenses. I cringe every time I see someone passing their photos around a group of people, all of whom are getting fingerprints all over them. The acids from the skin and lotion products will over time ruin the pictures if they are not cleaned. I always use page protectors for that reason and am currently figuring out how to make page protectors to fit the oddball size pages of my first Cinch bound book.

VintageDutchGirl
Tenant
VintageDutchGirl
In response to Ms. Fit

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm definitely going to try eyeglass cleaner! Can't believe I didn't think of that myself!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I print matte photos as well, and also keep an eyeglass cloth nearby.

Diva
In response to aquabunny

Eyeglasses cleaner are great and inexpensive. They work well. Love those mini cloths.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics