Username Post: What Do You Do When....        (Topic#1584293)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

You've created a LO and you cant finish it right away? I'm working on 3 different LO's right now and none of them can be finished cause I miss some detailing that I cant find anywhere!!!

I'm working on this Bird Song LO with a photo of me and me brother, I need some flowers that match the flower print, chinse starsign charms and a few gold metal photocorners.

Also working on a LO for me daughter, a garden kind of LO and I need a tree branch for that LO. Dont want it to be a paper cutout (used those already) but I want it to be a stamp or a template so I can emboss or structure it.

3rd LO is also for me daughter and will have a zipper incorporated on it. I thought to use the Prima zipper thingy but it doesnt fit on the zipper that I bought. Dont want to change the zipper as it is exactly the one that I wanted.
This LO has just been started but am already coming across obstacles....

What do you do in such cases??

Edited by TheCharmedOne on 01-19-13 01:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to TheCharmedOne

I always have layouts in progress. For many reasons....you can't find product, you aren't sure what you want next, sometimes I get tired of working on one so I switch to another. I have those 12x12 plastic drawer sets. I labeled one drawer for lay outs in progress. They hold paper, flowers, chipboard, everything. hope that helps. I think it is very normal for scrappers to switch around.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

You know what I would do?

First LO: I would punch or cut out some flowers from the part of the paper which will be covered up (if possible) and make embellishment out of it using Glossy Accents. Or scan the paper and reprint parts of it. I would cut out (Silhouette or by hand) Chinese characters and emboss them with gold powder to make charms. Ditto with photo-corners. I have a photo corner punch but it would be easy enough to cut them out.

Second LO: can you print a branch onto card-stock from the computer?

I'm not sure what the Prima zipper thingy is but can you find a way of using it anyway? Is it a pull tag?

In summary, I would find a way round what I wanted to do, and get it finished. The only reasons for LOs sitting around on my desk are lack of time or lack of mojo. Never lack of materials!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to RedSquirrel

I thought she was asking where to place the albums while we are in progress. lol

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
You know what I would do?

First LO: I would punch or cut out some flowers from the part of the paper which will be covered up (if possible) and make embellishment out of it using Glossy Accents. Or scan the paper and reprint parts of it. I would cut out (Silhouette or by hand) Chinese characters and emboss them with gold powder to make charms. Ditto with photo-corners. I have a photo corner punch but it would be easy enough to cut them out.

Second LO: can you print a branch onto card-stock from the computer?

I'm not sure what the Prima zipper thingy is but can you find a way of using it anyway? Is it a pull tag?

In summary, I would find a way round what I wanted to do, and get it finished. The only reasons for LOs sitting around on my desk are lack of time or lack of mojo. Never lack of materials!

I've found the photocorners, I already had two of the ones I wanted glued to the page to later find out, I only had two left. There's an online Dutch shop who sells them, I bought them years ago and couldnt find them locally. Embossing the chinese charms is a good idea, will see if I can do that. As for the flowers, I want some depth on the LO, already had a corner piece of flowers cut out and I want some "real" flowers on that for depth.

For 2nd LO, will look into that aswell.

The zipper thingy is the part where ya pull the zipper up n down...they have texts on them. Shown below. I figured I'd buy a new zipper and change it to the Prima one...but that didnt work lol. I guess I'll have to fiddle with it....

Usually I'm working on multiple LO's but manage to finish them or I stop cause I lost the inspiration for that particular LO. That isnt the case this time lol. I know how I want it...and it kinda frustrates me that I cant finish them right away....

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I always have layouts in progress. For many reasons....you can't find product, you aren't sure what you want next, sometimes I get tired of working on one so I switch to another. I have those 12x12 plastic drawer sets. I labeled one drawer for lay outs in progress. They hold paper, flowers, chipboard, everything. hope that helps. I think it is very normal for scrappers to switch around.

Are those the ones that sit on top of yer worktable? Or are those with wheels under them that can go under the table? Sounds handy to have...

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

For the tree branch, you could use a die cut- but emboss it with the tree print embossing folder. I also love using the coredinations paper for this and then you can sand the paper and make it really pop!!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to binkiemonstermom

If you want more depth to your tree branch cut a couple layers in card stock or cut it out in chipboard and add paper to the chip board.

The zipper pull can you make your own jump ring out of fine wire? to get it where you want it?

And if I don't have the right color of something I cover it with embossing ink and cover it in embossing powder do that all the time I have gold, silver and bronze embossing powder on hand all the time for just that reason.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Sneezy1956

I ususally have two or three in the works. My problem is, I might have too many ideas crowded in my head for a layout nad have trouble getting a clear picture of what I want to do. So I set it aside. I often walk away from a LO in progress and go back to it with a fresh look.
Products Referenced in This Post:

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
For the tree branch, you could use a die cut- but emboss it with the tree print embossing folder. I also love using the coredinations paper for this and then you can sand the paper and make it really pop!!!!

I like this idea...will have a look around at local craftshops to see if I can find something like that. We're limited in craftshops here sadly. I often buy online...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
If you want more depth to your tree branch cut a couple layers in card stock or cut it out in chipboard and add paper to the chip board.

The zipper pull can you make your own jump ring out of fine wire? to get it where you want it?

And if I don't have the right color of something I cover it with embossing ink and cover it in embossing powder do that all the time I have gold, silver and bronze embossing powder on hand all the time for just that reason.

The zipper is now sewn into place on the LO, will see if I can remove the puller cause its just plain basic and is quite boring. Gonna see if I can use that jumpring and add baubles or something. The prima puller cant be removed without cutting it open...I was just really frustrated to find out that it didnt work as I had in mind.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CrimsonMama

• CrimsonMama Said:
I ususally have two or three in the works. My problem is, I might have too many ideas crowded in my head for a layout nad have trouble getting a clear picture of what I want to do. So I set it aside. I often walk away from a LO in progress and go back to it with a fresh look.

Oohhhh those look really handy! Now only to store LO's in process but these are also handy to take with yas for craft nights or cropping parties...

Will look for those online....

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• TheCharmedOne Said:
  • anda11 Said:

Are those the ones that sit on top of yer worktable? Or are those with wheels under them that can go under the table? Sounds handy to have...

They are the sterilite 3 drawer sets. They have different sizes but they have ones that hold 12x12 paper. They are white plastic drawers. the drawers are kinda clear. They are not on wheels. You can stack many sets. I have 6 sets stacked. there are 18 drawers. You can put a set or 2 on your table.
Here is Martica's room. She has lots. They are the ones on the left.

[image] Recent Picture..... By Marticahttp://[/image]

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to anda11

Those I know... I bought similar for me son's Playmobil items.

I have to have a look around and see what will work for me best. I used to stick unfinished LO's in an album but end up forgetting them... Now I lay them in a cabinet but already started to stack em n ending up being bend n stuff...

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

well, if you didn't want the drawer route, You could use one of those plastic 12x12 covered carriers by artbin. They have some type of handle depending on which one. They have lids. I know they come in colors. I have several pink. I use them to plan pages for my crops. I put everything im them too just like the drawer. I think they are a bit taller than the drawers. Do you have one of these?

Edited by anda11 on 01-20-13 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to anda11

I like those, they easy to take along too.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

They also fit into my crop bags. Some hold 1 but one holds 2. I can always carry one or 2 without a bag.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics