Username Post: How to organize letter stickers        (Topic#1584301)
Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1

I'm trying to figure out a way to organize/store my letter stickers. I thought of putting them in a binder using clear 3-hole punch sleeves, but many of the packages are longer than a standard 8.5 x 11 binder, and I haven't been able to find anything to fit them.

Has anyone found a good way to store their letter stickers?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Magpie1

I cut all mine apart, sorted by letter and put them in a plastic tool box with trays I got at WM. When I need to spell out something, I just pull the trays I need. It works very well for me--The tool box was made to hold screws and stuff and has enough trays for the whole alphabet plus a few extra I use for punctuation and numbers. It hangs on my wall in my scrapping area.

Edited by terrihooper on 01-19-13 07:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to terrihooper

You could use a clear plastic 12" x 12" envelope and stack the letter packages in two rows side by side.

Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-19-13 08:17 AM
In response to Solitaire

I recently started using 12x12 page protectors for all of my stickers and masks. A package of Thickers fits perfectly with the two sheets side by side. I put a piece of cardstock in for stability, and put a package on each side. All the other brands are in here as well. For the smaller masks - like the 6x6 Crafters Workshop ones - I got page protectors that are divided into sections. The divided ones come in all sorts of configurations if you want to organize more specifically.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to stick

I have a storage bin with deep drawers. I sort my letter stickers by color. Then I put all packs of the same color on a ring that is the same color as the letter packs and put it inside the drawer

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to siameseplease

Sort them by color, in ROYGBIV order.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Magpie1

I store mine in the cropper hopper file/magazine holder type thingies....and then they sit on a shelf
I have one paper holder for black, one for white/natural, one for colours....works for me!

Alison

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to kiyawinn

My homemade clip it up By JayAndXansMom

This is how I store mine. Although now I use a much wider and stronger dowl rod to hold my stuff since that cheap shower curtain rod couldn't hold much weight. I group mine together in colors.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to JayAndXansMom

I keep mine in a 8.5 x 11 binder using clear 3-hole punch sleeves. For the ones that are too long I cut them in half. Just don't cut through your letters!! there is room to cut inbetween.
All mine are sorted by color.

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to JayAndXansMom

@JanandXans mom....I love this idea! I actually have a little wall where I could do this.

Thanks everyone, all these ideas are awesome.

Happy Scrappy Sunday

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Magpie1

• Magpie1 Said:
I'm trying to figure out a way to organize/store my letter stickers. I thought of putting them in a binder using clear 3-hole punch sleeves, but many of the packages are longer than a standard 8.5 x 11 binder, and I haven't been able to find anything to fit them.

Has anyone found a good way to store their letter stickers?

I tried this but it didn't work for me. I wound up using the button closure plastic 12x12 sleeves from michaels. I like them better and I can easily take it w/ me when I'm working on something at a crop.

ScrapperKate03
Expert
ScrapperKate03
In response to wilbur

• wilbur Said:
I keep mine in a 8.5 x 11 binder using clear 3-hole punch sleeves. For the ones that are too long I cut them in half. Just don't cut through your letters!! there is room to cut inbetween.
All mine are sorted by color.

I do the same thing! Works great for me.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to ScrapperKate03

I keep mine stacked vertically in a plastic bin, about 7 inch wide by about 5 inch tall and quite long. sorted by size - lots of my stickers are assorted colors, so sorting by color doesn't make sense. But size does work for me - if I have space for a large title, I start with the back of the bin) If I want to fit a long title, I start flipping through them from the front. Many times I'll find the perfect size and then decide which color I'll use from the ones I have.

IleneM 
New Kid On the Block
In response to OlesyaK.

Mine have been stored by color in an old CM Consultant paper tote. Has handles and is easy to transport. (I have lots of letters)

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to IleneM

I store mine sideways in an extra-long (15") flat-bottomed basket I found at M's:

New Sticker Storage - Alphas By Papermouse

I absolutely love this solution because it's so easy to flip through and see what I have-and to put them away when I'm done. I throw all the 12x12 sheets in the very back.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to IleneM

I store mine sideways in an extra-long (15") flat-bottomed basket I found at M's:

New Sticker Storage - Alphas By Papermouse

I absolutely love this solution because it's so easy to flip through and see what I have-and to put them away when I'm done. I throw all the 12x12 sheets in the very back.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to papermouse

I have mine in a 12x12 box right now, but I think I will move them to a binder. Good idea, and that will free up a box.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics