Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Moved. Trying to plan room.        (Topic#1584311)
bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to bcblondie

I don't like rugs. Seems to defeat the purpose. You want soft, get carpet. Not laminate and a rug lol. Pain to clean around!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 06:59 PM
In response to bcblondie

It's funny... I've gotten to the point where I get up and down so much and stand so much when I scrap that I've started putting on my sneakers to keep my feet warm and keep them from hurting. What's really funny is me wearing my pajamas (my preferred scrap attire) with my sneakers. I also have some of those super fuzzy socks (meant to be worn like slippers, not with shoes) and end up putting my sneakers on anyway over them. I'm SOOO glad that my hubs never thinks to take pictures of me scrapping. LOL

Veteran
In response to bcblondie

LUCKY you are gonna have your own scraproom how sweet!! Your doing a really good job getting all your stuff set up just right!!! go girl!

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to mindygail

Thanks Mindy!

Haha jarvae.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to bcblondie

In reponse to MrsDriver5, yes, I think most of Ikea is particle board. However, the table top I got (with the attachable steel legs) is some of the toughest particle board I've ever seen. (Not chippy/bendy/soft like my ClosetMaid cubes that I almost instantly took a small chunk off a corner.) The leg attachments were pre-drilled and a screwdriver and battery operated drill didn't cut it. We had to pull out a plug-in drill to get the screws into the bottom. HTH!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 07:28 AM
In response to scrapchica

I think it depends on what you get specifically. I do know that ikea has some things that are made of solid wood. The Expedit shelving that I have is particle board but it's one of the sturdiest pieces of furniture I have. I've had other things from ikea that didn't last so long, but I usually kind of knew it wasn't too durable when I bought it. I bought some end tables there that I figured would last maybe a year or two and they were only like $2 each on one of their doorbuster sales. I think we've had them for 5 years now and the corners are starting to chip.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to Vae

Yeah I think most of it's partical board. THe table tops and thick edges of the expedit are filled with like, recycled paper but braced sideways so it's actually very strong. My kids crawled on it and they weigh 25 and 40 lbs.

My goodness, we did more shopping. My husband spoils me! My old desktop computer would have taken up a lot of space so we got a 24 inch tv we could mount, and then cordless remote and mouse so i can throw them in drawers when not in use!

Also got a new chair because my old one was literally ripped to shreds. Very very old.

SOO stoked to get everything set up! Oh my goodness!!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to bcblondie

Yea for getting your new scrapping space set up the way you want it...plus, yea for a new chair and spoiling husbands :>) Hope you get lots of time to enjoy your space, TV and comfy chair!~Judy

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to mrsdriver5

Thanks The tv is essentially my computer screen. But it'll be nice to flip to tv mode at times too (although we dont have cable right now)

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to bcblondie

I have a TV by my desk, but hubby & I have tv tuner cards in our PCs, and I'll put one in my laptop when I get moved back into "my room", but it's nice to have a little bottom square of the monitor with the TV, but still be able to use most of the monitor space. (Boy, a school kid could use that last sentence as a classic example of a run-on sentence!) We do any program recording with our computers instead of paying for DVR service. We just have basic cable—mainly wanted to be able to get the local news + 1 or 2 programs, but hubby watches baseball/football games on his monitor while surfing the 'net or playing games once we have our "down time" late in the evening.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want for my craft room. I think we're to the point that I'll design what I want and hubby will build it. I was hoping for something quick and easy, but that's not how my life typically goes ~Judy

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to mrsdriver5

Dont worry judy. it literally took me 2 full months to figure out what I wanted in there. You'll find it.

Almost done my scraproom! By Bcblondie

Got my comp set up!!!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to bcblondie

I just posted pics of my new scrapspace in my gallery! Lovin the progress Blondie!

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics