Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Storing Paper        (Topic#1584315)
flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I'm just curious how others store or have their paper sorted. I bought a 10-drawer unit that I thought would be perfect but the drawers aren't big enough to hold 12 x 12 papers. So, I ended up using it for embellishments (each drawer holds a different theme: Christmas, Fall, Black & White, etc) I love organization & would love to know how other scrappers have their stuff sorted, etc. Thanks!

scrappinmac
Expert
scrappinmac
In response to flwrgrl

I like these cropper hopper paper holders- Cropper Hopper - Paper Holder

Also those large plastic envelopes are good, too.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to scrappinmac

I don't make 12x12 LO's. I store my paper in clear plastic page protectors in a 3 ring binder. I do buy 12x12 papers, but I always cut them down to 8.5x11, and this gives me an extra border that is 12 inches long and 1 inch wide. And I end up with a paper "scrap" that is 3.5x11. All of these things have their own part of the binder. Hopefully soon I'll get around to photographing it.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-20-13 05:27 AM
In response to flhomeschoolmom

I use the Making Memories Filer cubes. I have one for cardstock and one for pattern paper.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to KimKV

I have all my solid cardstock sorted by colors and then stored in the cropper hoppers with the tabbed dividers. I also sorted all my pattered paper in a similar manner. I didn't do the whole theme or maker thing, I don't really have enough room for that. Plus, I just find it easier to run through the papers when I'm looking for a specific color.

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl

I'd love to see it when you do

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to flwrgrl

I'm still putting that binder together, lol. The book itself is a 12x12 sized photo album that a SIL bought me at a yardsale. The pages inside it are divided, and my full paper sheets wouldn't fit inside. So I use the 12x12 divided sheets to hold things that are no larger than 4x6. So, works well for scraps, tags, frames, stencils, etc. My borders are in an 8.5x11 sheet protector, as are my full sheets, and anything else that is over 4x6 size. I'm currently sorting paper scraps, stencils, etc. to put in the 12x12 "organizer" sheets as I call them. I suppose I could photograph what I've already got done and give people an idea of what I did. I'll probably do that after I get my chili cooking this evening.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw

I used the wire cubes from Target...each box will make two cubes with the extra shelves attached to every wire with zip ties...twelve shelves to each cube, stacked two cubes high. Then I did one with the shelves every three inches for paper packs, new scrapbooks, etc. With the two cubes up, two across they are nice and stable. I even have one three cubes high and that is working too.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to bigredssw

I use the cropper hopper paper holder that a few people linked above, and they sit inside my craft armoire.

Just a tidbit of advice:
There are few storage items that will accommodate 12x12 paper. If ordering online, read descriptions and dimensions carefully.
Carry a small tape measure with you when shopping.

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins
In response to Bxr-Linda

First off I think it depends on how big your paper collection is. haha
I think of mine to be small compared to others I have seen haha

I store my paper by color.
I also store some my theme like Christmas
Each color or theme has its own container
The containers I got at Micheals
This is working for me and I find it helps keep my papers clean.

bonprof
Diva
bonprof
In response to flwrgrl

I use Creative Memories Daisy mate file folders for 12 x 12. They are very affordble for what you get. Go onine and take a look. Also...they are portable!!

MoonLitSmile
Veteran
MoonLitSmile
In response to bonprof

I like to use the Iris 12x12 plastic cases...I have the matching stands too that hold six case...five on total, that's a lot of paper!

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-15-13 01:31 PM
In response to MoonLitSmile

You can buy speciatly cases for your paper.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to KDQ

I also keep my paper in the Cropper Hopper paper holders. (and on the floor because I've already got like 10 of the paper holders and there's no more room on my table for more but I know that's not very helpful! I decided I'd be better off using up my stash of paper than buying more holders that I don't have room for anyway)

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to animemama

For patterned paper, I use two stacks of clear plastic trays on a rolling base. Easy to move around the room.

Solid cardstock I keep in a CIS P3.

aliknoll
New Kid On the Block
aliknoll
In response to flwrgrl

I used to be all obsessive about having my paper in the Cropper Hoppers and other "official" scrapbook storage containers. I even had my husband build me a fancy paper storage "shelf."

However, it was still a chore to dig through and find what I needed. Now I use legal sized hanging file folders and keep them in a hanging file bin (no cover, obviously). Every folder holds a different color and because they stick up and out of the folder, it is SO easy to find what I need.

I really recommend this if you can store your paper in a free-standing bin. I use three of them - one has plain colored paper, another has decorative paper, and the third is a letter-sized bin/folders for "scraps" (I save anything that might be usable in the future). Cheap, easy, and a HUGE time-saver.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to aliknoll

• aliknoll Said:
I used to be all obsessive about having my paper in the Cropper Hoppers and other "official" scrapbook storage containers. I even had my husband build me a fancy paper storage "shelf."

However, it was still a chore to dig through and find what I needed. Now I use legal sized hanging file folders and keep them in a hanging file bin (no cover, obviously). Every folder holds a different color and because they stick up and out of the folder, it is SO easy to find what I need.

I really recommend this if you can store your paper in a free-standing bin. I use three of them - one has plain colored paper, another has decorative paper, and the third is a letter-sized bin/folders for "scraps" (I save anything that might be usable in the future). Cheap, easy, and a HUGE time-saver.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea!!!!!!! TFS!!

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to laceyKat

I have changed my paper storage methods around a few times. I live with it for awhile but still get frustrated and then try something else.

I am back to storing it upright in a rolling cart (mega bin, I think? got it at goodwill - looks like a square rolling laundry basket) with dividers.

I cannot seem to organize it in a way that makes it easy to find what I need. Maybe this will work better than the first time I tried it.

What is it about paper that makes it so hard to organize it and find what you need?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to dlanvinson

I used to use the Cropper Hopper storage files already linked, but I did not care for them at all. I now have paper display cabinets that I bought from a LSS when it was going out of business.... I absolutely love them! If you have a chance to buy them (and have the room for them) I'd recommend it.

My friend has her paper in Sterilite boxes without the lids; I wish I could remember what size they are, but 12x12 paper fits perfectly in them. I'd guess that they're about 13" wide by 13" tall and maybe 10" deep. She made dividers and stores all of her paper vertically. It's really easy for her to flip through and if she comes over to my house to scrap, they're also easy to bring with her.

michellesmakingmemories
Tenant
michellesmakingmemories
In response to *jesse*

I use mesh storage boxes from Staples (item no. 506155). It's very convenient to pull out a bin and flip through the papers.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics