Username Post: Best Deckle trim tool        (Topic#1584319)
kcmolg 
New Kid On the Block

What is the best tool to use for deckle trim? I love using deckle trim on my scrapbook and card creations. I have the small Fiskars scissors, but I am finding them harder to use with my older arthritic hands. I also have the We R Memory Keepers Twist trimmer and it does not cut well. Is there a better tool to use to get the deckle finish. Thanks for your help!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-19-13 04:09 PM
In response to kcmolg

Fiskars trimmer with blade style F - you can get other blades, too - wave, scallop, pinking. Very easy to change out.

Also the Spellbinder Deckled Nesties are lovely, although of course these are prescribed shapes.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kcmolg

I have had my Cutterpede forever (actually just got a replacement because I used it to death) and the deckled blade (sold separately) is really cool.
Also very easy to change the blades. I highly recommend it.
Products Referenced in This Post:
Cutterpede Trimmer (Discontinued)

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to kelseymel

I have a Carl trimmer that comes with changable blades, they also have the deckle trimmer.

I really love the carl trimmer as its easy to use, it isnt too big in storage and still can take 12x12 pages. PLus the bonus, changable blades.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to TheCharmedOne

Creative Memories has a great rotary trimmer that has about 7 interchangeble blades, one is a nice deckle...infinitley easier than the scissor method you are using now!! You will love it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics