Username Post: A Couple of Questions        (Topic#1584343)
flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

These two questions might sound silly, but I simply have to ask.

1) What is a smash book and how does it work?

2) What is a circle journal and how does that work?

I've seen a lot of stuff about both, but don't really know what they are, how they are made, or what goes in them.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to flhomeschoolmom

I have 3 Smash Books and I love them.. The books have different and fun pages... It's for those fun memories that you wouldn't do a scrapbook page on... You don't have to think about a design, just glue your stuff on... Unlike a journal, I don't do a lot of writing, so the Smash Book is perfect for me.. If you click on one of the links, You can see a short video on the smash book...

I can't say anything about the Circle Journal. I don't know what it is...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 01-21-13 05:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom

Smash books/journals are anything you wish them to be.
You can have themed pages, collections of images, lists, poems, songs, trinkets, souvenirs, hopes, wishes, dreams, pictures, etc. Like Pinterest in a haphazard free style book form. There is no rhyme or reason for anything in your book, if you like it, claim it on a page.

You can buy them and accessories or make them up yourself.

Quick Video Explanation

Discussion thread

A Circle Journal is a book passed around to a group to add too by other members of the group, like a round robin swap. Some are themed some are not allowing members to be creative.

So each member has a book (reasonable size, easy to mail), and they send it to the next person on the list below them, who adds to it (time limit to create) so forth and so on and eventually after a set amount of time, you get your journal back with all creative pursuits on a page or two from the people in your group.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to PokeyMom

Thank you for clarifying the circle journal thing.

I think I need a smash book. But I have enough paper, empty notebooks, empty dividers, and so much more floating around my house that I'll probably just make one for myself. Yeah. It might be a good way to get rid of some of the magazines and things I've been keeping that have decorating ideas in them that I like. And I'm sure I have plenty of other things I could smash into a book.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

never heard of a circle journal cool! I LOVE MY SMASH BOOKS!!!! pictures,articles, magazine ads, scrapping ideas, kids memoribilla, tickets crosses hellokitty stickers etc.
I have 1 pink and my 7 yr old has 1 blue and i bought one at michales that is red and we are sharing it!!!!! FUN

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics