Username Post: Spell binder dies?        (Topic#1584361)
tbross71
Veteran
tbross71

Do spellbinders dies work in Big Shot?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tbross71

YES!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to designguyKORY

The big ones don't, they are to big. The Grand ones. But most of them do!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 01-21-13 05:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to binkiemonstermom

for the Grand ones you need the Grande Calibur. You can use any size spellbinders in the Grande Calibur.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SandraB.

They sure do and so do Cherry Lynn and all the other thin dies. but if your plates start getting warped you may have to get new plates. I have one set of plates that are so warped that they don't cut very well any more.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to Sneezy1956

The Spellbinders website has a good how to page on cutting their dies in other machines.

What they don't have is a page on how to cut other brands dies in the Grand Caliber. (or I don't think they do). Which makes sense I guess.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to CrimsonMama

They also include the directions for several machines, including the Big Shot/Big Kick, inside the packaging of each set of Spellbinders, which is nice, so I don't have to look it up every time I use them (I have only two sets, so I don't use them very frequently).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-22-13 09:20 AM
In response to aquabunny

Actually many of the Grand Nesties do work in the Big Shot - e.g., Labels 11, Labels 4, Large Labels - as well as most of the dies in all the sets. It's only the very biggest ones that exceed 6-1/8" that won't work. Of course, I'm not saying you should buy a set of Grand Nesties if you can't use all of them, but don't rule them out completely since some of the sets will work just fine

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics