Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Spellbinders storage?        (Topic#1584371)
meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

Is there a product out there that is for the Spellbinders nesties' storage? Or has anyone done a homemade storage system? I'm starting to accumulate more than a few and am really needing a storage system for them now!

TIA!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to meezerpleaser

I made my own. I use a Tim Holtz binder, use the stamp pages that go in it, and take my framelits or nesties and put them on magnetic vent covers (found at Home Depot or Lowes). Put the magnetic sheet inside the pocket of the stamp page! Done and easy!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to meezerpleaser

I Just got me one of these. I had made my own with magnetic tape, but this will be even handier. The only thing I would change is that it is not big enough to put the cutting and embossing plates in. Still, very handy. Taking them in and out of the plastic sleave they come in gets a little old.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

I use the Art Bin case and sheets pictured above....I find it really handy. They all fit inside and the whole thing sits on my shelf...
It works for Spellbinders and my QuicKutz nested dies.
I love it!

Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

I need to come up with some kind of homebrew solution to storing a QuicKutz cookie-cutter alphabet. I have lots of magnetic sheets (left over from the magnetic calendars we get every year from our insurance agency).

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to aquabunny

I store mine in DVD cases.

I put colored paper in the front of the case (they are color coded by nesties, shapeabilities, other brand dies, etc) and then cut the cardboard part with the pic to fit (usually 7 inches),,,,,and place that over the paper under the clear plastic sheet. That way I can tell instantly whether I have all the dies in the set when I clean up,,,,,or if I'm missing one.

I also label the spine, so they can stand up on a shelf and I can find what I want pretty quickly.

spellbinder storage By CommaHolly

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-22-13 01:08 PM
In response to CommaHolly

I use the ArtBin case as well, love it!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to kiyawinn

Wow, I just started organizing mine and you can get a LOT of sheets into it. I would say at least 18-24. That's awesome.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to CrimsonMama

I bought an inexpensive loose-leaf binder at WM, and regular page protectors. Avery makes a printable 8 1/2x11 magnet paper that fits right in the protectors. All my thin nesties and cookie cutter alphas are stored in here. If you place them diagonally, even the 12" border dies will fit on the page. On the opposite (left)side of the magnetic (black side) pages, I put a piece of the cheap Georgia Pacific white card stock with a cut sample of the dies on that page. This also serves to stiffen the magnetic pages to keep them from bending. So all my dies are on the right and the cut samples on the left. You could also use regular dividers with tabs to mark different themes or types. Inexpensive way to store all those thin dies. In the back I have put cut samples of all my alphas so I can look through them to see which ones I want to use...I just cut out the name of the font in that font and glued them on some cardstock and slipped them in the page protectors. I intend to cut samples from my border punches, etc and add them, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

I also use the Artbin case. It comes with 3 magnetic boards and I bought 2 more 3-packs. All nine fit into the case, along with the cardboard backings from the dies that I keep at the bottom of the case, plus my cuttlebug plates. For my birthday I'll ask for another case and hopefully receive more dies :>) ~Judy

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsdriver5

I love the artbin I can take it with me and not worry about losing anything and everything is just right there

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Sneezy1956

I recently made myself a binder. I ordered 2 packs of 4xA4 (roughly 8.5"x11") magnetic sheets of the thin kind you can make fridge magnets out of. I punched holes in them and put them into a regular office 4-ring binder. I have a plastic wallet (containing the packaging for each die set) and a piece of office card between them to stop them sticking together.

It works for me. It sits neatly on my shelf, isn't too heavy, and is great for throwing into my tote for cropping. It cost me just the price of the magnetic sheets, because I had everything else already.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa

• CommaHolly Said:
I store mine in DVD cases.

I put colored paper in the front of the case (they are color coded by nesties, shapeabilities, other brand dies, etc) and then cut the cardboard part with the pic to fit (usually 7 inches),,,,,and place that over the paper under the clear plastic sheet. That way I can tell instantly whether I have all the dies in the set when I clean up,,,,,or if I'm missing one.

I also label the spine, so they can stand up on a shelf and I can find what I want pretty quickly.

spellbinder storage By CommaHolly

I do pretty much this as well.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to disneylisa

I LOVE the way I store my Nesties ...

I use DVD clear plastic sleeves (bought from Target in a pack of 25 ... I'm on my second pack ... shhhh) ... they are the same height and width as the DVD cases, but SO much thinner!

I cut cardboard to fit into the sleeve and then glue a magnetic backing to it ... each Nesties set gets its own sleeve. I then cut the thin cardboard label from the Nesties package to fit in the sleeve, so I know what's in each one easily AND how many dies are in the set

All the sleeves fit easily upright in a small plastic open top tote with a handle (what you might keep make-up in) ... I organize them by type (ovals, circles, labels, flowers, motifs, and so on) and can easily access what I need.

The whole thing takes up about 6x8 inches on my desk and I can find what I need in a few seconds (and it cost very little)

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to madmatter

Mad, do you have pictures? I really like this idea.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to flintridgescrapper

I may have to move to Mad's way since I keep buying nesties, and now have two shelves full of nesties. I have to count again, but I think I now have 70 or so sets and singles I don't have enough room for another 2 shelves worth of nesties (but oh how I want them!)

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I will take some pics and get them posted today or tomorrow

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to madmatter

i have mine in books i made
they are 8 1/2 x11 chipboard sheets binded together adn each sheet has magnetic sheets on there. can hold a few sets per sheet.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

• CommaHolly Said:
I may have to move to Mad's way since I keep buying nesties, and now have two shelves full of nesties. I have to count again, but I think I now have 70 or so sets and singles I don't have enough room for another 2 shelves worth of nesties (but oh how I want them!)

You are my idol. I only have about 20 sets.

I'm using the artbin plastic thing with the magnetic sheets. I cut the cardboard from all of the sets and put those on a ring so I can flip through and see what I have or want to use. Not sure if I like it or not yet, just started using it.

Diva
In response to pugs223

Great ideas in this site! Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics