Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Spellbinders storage?        (Topic#1584371)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-24-13 09:13 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Peg - What I do to see everything in one place is I created a catalog in Word. Just a table, I copy the image of each die or die set from the manufacturer's or a store's website, paste it into the table, and type the brand and the name of the set underneath, also sometimes the style of die so I know which box to look in. I organize the images into themes - so everything that's a basic shape, label style, or journalling type shape is all together. All the christmas ones. All the halloween ones. Trees and flowers and grass and other foliage. Etc.

Since I have many different types and sizes of dies - Nesties, Sizzix Bigz, Sizzlets, border dies, Sizzix alphabet sets, Quickutz 4x4s and 2x2s, and assorted other flat dies - this catalog system makes it easy to see everything at once without having to pull out a dozen different boxes.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to stick

You guys have some awesome ideas - I'm vascillating between the 8 1/2 x 11 magnetic sheets inside page protectors and the ArtBin system. Decisions, decisions.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to meezerpleaser

I'm leaning toward the magnetic sheets, since I have only a few sets of magnetic dies and don't plan to expand much beyond that.

Like Stick, I also keep a catalog of all my dies and embossing folders, but unlike hers, mine's in a binder and I've cut samples of everything, with little labels stating the name and type of the die, and the designer and release date if I know it - also the manufacturer's item number. These are set up in a bunch of categories. This way I can also immediately tell what size a shape will be. (I don't do full alphabets - just 1,2,3 and uppercase and lowercase of A,B,C.)

I also keep samples of my stamps and punches in there as well (with information about manufacturer and what type of punch or stamp it is), which is helpful when I need to know the brand and item name (for tagging items used here on sb.com, for example) or, when browsing through looking for a stamp to use, whether or not I'll need to get out an acrylic block.

Portions of this type of book would definitely be well-suited to baseball-card protectors, since it would be great to be able to add new products without having to make them fit on the pages already assigned to whatever category, or get rid of unused and unwanted products without having them linger in the book. I'm a bit behind on updating it with new products I got for Christmas.

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Dies By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Embossing Folders By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Sizzix Alphabets By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Stamps By Aquabunny

Inventory Binder - Punches By Aquabunny

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to aquabunny

omgosh, you guys are just WAY too organized for me

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to CommaHolly

I had an artbin with magnetic sheets - didn't work for me, returned. Now debating between the dvd cases and a folder: the folder I have is a small 5*7 zipped binder (from an organizer/yearbook type calendar). Leaning towards the binder: First, it zips all around so there is no chance something will fall out. second, it's small so i'm okay with one page per set and not putting too many sets together and confusing myself. third, I don't want to do full sheets magnetic - I'm thinking, magnetic strip through the center or two parallel ones (for smaller dies) - nestabilities should hold that way for sure. Love all the ideas here, especially thin dvd boxes! If I could only figure out what to do with quickuts that aren't magnetic?

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

Well, I do have an inventory binder and I do have my punches like that but not my dies. Hmmmmmm,

I do have a list of all of my stamps and papers. I have duplicated a couple of times.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to CrimsonMama

All y'alls organization skills have made my head spin.

I don't know if any of you know- but I have LOTS of supplies.

And you know I how 'organize' it?

Spellbinders in this pile.

Washi in that pile, but in a box so that it doesn't roll all around the floor.

Stamps- in that pile, piled on top of the binder where I tried to organize and store them all on plastic sheets.

Anything square is stacked. Done!

;-)

but one day.....

-k

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to designguyKORY

sounds better than my organizing, Kory

kaye222
Governor
kaye222
In response to bayamonesa1

Here is how I store mine....
Hope it helps...

http://kaye2222.blogspot.com/2012/06/stamp-storage -solu...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kaye222

I made a video of my "Nesties" storage system for those who wanted more info

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYbaFwGzKk&a mp;feature=...

the video quality isn't fab, but you should be able to get the idea

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to madmatter

Mad, thank you so much for doing this video. I love this way of storing them, and I'm sure I'll "steal" it & do mine this way!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to flintridgescrapper

you're welcome

it really is a super cheap and easy way to store them and the best part is how little room they all take

AND because they are so easily accessible, I can find what I need in a flash

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to madmatter

mad thats a good idea

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Briannasmom

I am having difficulty finding those here in Canada. I can order from Amazon but they are $44 plus 13% tax. Surely I should be able to find them cheaper than that.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to corrie fan

how much would it cost for me to send them to you Jane? I just bought 2 boxes (because shipping was free if I spent more than $25) but I really only need 1 box (for now ... )

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to madmatter

Your postage just went up but I can't imagine that much. They would fit in a flat mailer so likely letter mail (vs packages).

But even the big mailers I get my QK in from the US only used to cost $14.

I will check online for shipping prices and will send you a pm.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to corrie fan

and I'll let you know when I get my order from Amazon

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to kaye222

• kaye222 Said:
Here is how I store mine....
Hope it helps...

http://kaye2222.blogspot.com/2012/06/stamp-storage -solu...

I'm in love with those bookends! Do you remember where you got them?

I've decided for now to keep the spellbinders in the hard DVD cases on magnets for now as I don't have too many yet and have the extra cases. I will probably swap to the thin plastic DVD sleeves and put in a box with dividers. Container store makes these whitewashed wood bins that would be fabulous for this. (I already use them for my precut 4.5x6.5 and blank cards.) I had originally bought the PaperStudio clear stamp binder from HL after reading this, but realized later not too many would fit and I plan to expand my collection! So, I'm using it just for embossing folders, but seems like it may only get max 20. Thanks for all of the ideas ladies!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to scrapchica

Finally took pictures of how I store my dies. Chipboard covered w/ pretty paper, magnetic vent sheets, label maker down side, BIA. Love it.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to madmatter

I have about a dozen sets and I store them in a three ring binder in two pocketed protective sheets. I attached magnetic tape/pads to cardstock and the Spellbinders are adhered magnetically. I have a stencil drawing of each that I keep in another three ring binder for inventory that I take to the store so I don't buy duplicates.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics