Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: Progressive Round 1~~~Live Sat at 8 AM        (Topic#1584473)
Resident

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them--or at least that's where you thought you left it)

THIS IS A MOTIVATIONAL ROUND --- no points no prizes

At the selected time of the day Saturday 12 noon EST, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

This weekend our progressive will be related to ????? TBA ?????

This round is scheduled to begin at 8 AM We will do more rounds - Tentative times will be 12, 5 on Saturday and 12 and 3 on Sunday

You will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step can be using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free moment to play. For this mega large progressive you have one week to finish any project.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift or freestyle
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title
*******Step seven: journaling/doodling time

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within one week of the last direction.
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type.
****When the challenge weekend has been closed I will PM all participants and each person that completes a page will select their favorite project. Voting earns you more points
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will points for PMing a vote..
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the the week.
this is a motivational round....we throw points, voting and rules out the window
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks.

Teresakay
Diva
Teresakay
In response to Progressive Challenge

Hi I will be here ..Can't wait

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Teresakay

Me too!!! i can't see to get my table unburied and I have not scrapped in like a month!!!

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Ms.Schwiet

I was supposed to go to an all day crop tomorrow but I've been feeling really yucky these few days so I'm going to stay home. If I'm feeling better, I'll be here!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

I've been thinking about Progressive weekend all week...until today, I've been sick all day long. Good thing I'm feeling better and decided to come to sb.com...because what else would I do as soon as I start feeling better?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

I hope you all do get to feeling better or at least good enough for a round or two

We have 95 pins wow!!!I guess we have all night to pin and prepare. I'll start our next pinboard in the AM... If you all want to ge in on the pinning let me know and I'll add you to the pin group.

Also I owe everyone cameos that did a page last time. I still have them sitting here. I tell you this scrap table has really been just a landing spot for all the things I carry in the house and don't wish to put away

justowen
Governor
justowen

Wait!!! 8 am EST?! Good thing I just thought of the time zone thing!! I would have been an hour late! Well, I may still be, if I don't fall out of bed on time.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to justowen

Pinboard? What pinboard? I love pinterest . . .

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to provinca

Anna! I can't believe you haven't been on this board! Where you been?!

http://pinterest.com/msschwiet/december-sc rap-inspirati...

(let's see if that link works)

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to justowen

Thanks Jenny. The link worked and I'm now following it! Going to go check it out and try to get into the shower before the crop starts. My headache is making it's appearance though so I don't know if I'll be there for the beginning . . .

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

anna I want to follow you on pinterest I gotta figure out how to follow people.

We'll use the pin board in place of a list of what's new. You can opt out of a step by doing something in the new pin board.

So i must confess i have no clue what we're gonna do this story about. I need to find a wiki list.

Plus I need to get questions ready and I need to get my daily readings done. This weekend is going to rock!

Let me just start by finding the coffee.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

fyi the coffee is GROSS. You'll be thankful its a virtual crop and not the real deal with me left in charge of coffee this am.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

Okay we will be top ten money making films of 2012. This can be found at the top of this wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_film

Highest-grossing films of 2012[1] Rank Title Studio Worldwide gross
1 The Avengers Marvel Studios / Disney $1,511,757,910
2 The Dark Knight Rises Warner Bros. / Legendary Pictures $1,081,041,287
3 Skyfall MGM / Columbia $1,041,353,371
4 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Warner Bros. / MGM / New Line $922,138,470
5 Ice Age: Continental Drift Fox / Blue Sky $875,307,240
6 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 Lionsgate / Summit Entertainment $827,754,955
7 The Amazing Spider-Man Columbia / Marvel Entertainment $752,216,557
8 Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted Paramount / DreamWorks $742,110,251
9 The Hunger Games Lionsgate $686,533,290
10 Men in Black 3 Columbia $624,026,776

justowen
Governor
justowen

Good morning!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to justowen

I'm trying to clear off my desk. I didn't wake up until 6:42, so I've been rushing. Still waiting for dh to bring me some coffee, so I can get my brain working...hopefully.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
Good morning!

look at you up bright and early

justowen
Governor
justowen

• Ms.Schwiet Said:
  • justowen Said:
Good morning!

look at you up bright and early

I've been looking forward to Progressive weekend FOREVER! Well...except yesterday when I forgot and might could have at least gotten my desk cleared off.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

step 1. Which movie starts with the same letter as your pet’s name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name.

step 2. Which movie starts with the same letter as your high school. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name.

step 3. Which movie starts with the same letter as your child's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to the name.

Step 4: Which movie starts with the same letter as your last name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name.

Step 5: Which movie starts with the same letter as your first name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name.

step 6. Which movie starts with the same letter as your BFF's name. If none have the same letter then pick the next letter closest to your name.

step 7. Which movie starts with the same letter as your mom's first name. If none have the same letter as you then pick the next letter closest to your name.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I just took a picture of my mess

justowen
Governor
justowen

I should have done that, too! I pretty much got my desk cleared, but I have my scrap box upstairs, because I finally made myself trim and sort my paper scraps, but I'm not quite finished and I was doing it while watching tv upstairs, so now I have another stack of scraps down here.

I also need to figure out whether this lo that was in progress on my desk is actually finished..or needs something else.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics