Username Post: what to do with my "JUNK" empheria        (Topic#1584513)
GlitterGeorgie
New Kid On the Block
GlitterGeorgie

hi, i was wondering if you could help a fellow scrapper, i have lots of "JUNK" empheria from my childhood, things like leaflets from places i went, play scripts and tickets and things like that, what can i do with them? or is the answer just to put them in a "traditional" scrapbook and just journal around them, thing is, most of them are not 12x12, but larger.... any ideas?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to GlitterGeorgie

You don't have to use all of them ON the pages- some, you could put in envelopes that are attached to a page or bound into an album? I love envelopes full of stuff in albums, that you can open up and look thru...

-kory

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, thats a wonderful idea, its like an album capsule in time..like how they would do when one was young. Put things in it, bury it and say, 25 yrs later dig it up...
Something like that reminds me of yer idea Kory.

Some items are indeed not always suitable for on the page itself but when stuck in an envelope or another bag or something, to be looked thru later on, its a great touch...

I would do something like that. Working on a double LO atm of the Gotye concert I went to in November '12 and I had the opertunity to meet him backstage. So I have a lot of loose items to stick on the LO. The backstage pass, the signed concert ticket, photo's and his art work aswell. Thinking of putting those loose items in something like a sachet like Kory suggested...

I have other concert items aswell, may do the same to those aswell....

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to TheCharmedOne

Agreeing with Kory....there are lots of examples of pages with attached ephemera in the gallery here. Lots of people put things in envelopes attached to pages.

Another idea is to make an envelope out of the page itself....cut a 12x12 piece of paper down to 8x10 (or whatever size you want) and sew it onto another piece of 12x12 cardstock. You can make the top of the envelope piece decorative by punching it, if you want and decorate around it on the page. Then you can slide all your larger pieces into the page envelope and still journal on the outside. Slip the whole thing inside a page protector and voila!

You can also buy large 12x12 plastic envelopes that come with the holes to put inside a 3 ring album. I know Becky Higgins sells them with her Profect Life stuff (just google it). Hers have a small pocket on the outside that will fit a 4x6 photo or journalling card.....

Good Luck!
Alison

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to GlitterGeorgie

Usually I cut down a page protector that has compartments. I like to have the full 12 x 12 support in the bind, so at the top I cut the box at a diagonal and usually just cut the boxes on the right off.

or I use smaller page protectors like 8 1/2 x 11 or even page protectors from the office supply store. I like the ones from the office supply store because the plastic is much thicker.

PS rereading your post you might want to go with a "box" album. The box gives it more support so your items don't get crushed and loose items can't fall out.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Totally off-subject but I LOVE the new way linked products are being handled on forum posts!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to aquabunny

I like Korys' idea to use envelopes, even better than that is that The Charmed One calls them "sachets" - sooo stealing that!!

My preschooler son has been bringing lots of artwork and things home. I have begun photographing them as they arrive, good and bad, large n small. We hang some special stuff, but things that are mediocre can be thrown (don't tell), things that are too large for a scrapbook are photodocumented, and I will scrap it all...at least thats what I'm telling myself. Sometime before graduation!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-27-13 08:36 PM
In response to Juansmom

If it's larger than 12x12, then there are a couple of things you could do. They do make extra large scrapbooks (I think I've seen 24x24 before) that you could put them in. If it's a one-page kind of thing you could scan and resize it to smaller and then scrap that. Or you could do something like the heidi swapp file folders but using larger folders and make pockets and pull outs in them. Good luck!

Diva
In response to Vae

Great ideas and suggestions. I should try some of them!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics