Username Post: Scrap~Therapy        (Topic#1584557)
BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77

In the past scrapbooking(or crafting in general) has gotten me through some pretty touch times. Losing my father and my husbands multiple deployments were the primary reason I got so addicted to scrapbooking in the first place. After a looong break from this hobby I recently refound my passion for it. Today I started working on the first LO featuring my mom since she passed away....Talk about emotional. I have been sitting here crying then smiling looking at pictures of her. It's been a rough day, but very theraputic.

Anyone else working on a little scrap~therapy today?

ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 01-28-13 07:11 AM
In response to BoBecca77

I can relate. I am making a scrapbook of my mom for myself and my daughters. I cry, then smile. As time passes the tears are less. I find I can work on the album for a few days, but then the sadness becomes overwhelming; so I take a break for a few weeks.

Diva
In response to ckair

Same with me...I feel lots of emotions when working on a very special memorial scrapbook...but at the end, is cheaper than regular therapy!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to bayamonesa1

Scrapping does the same for me!! It is such a great outlet!! I can get absorbed in my creation!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to res19s2d

I turned to scrapbooking after my father passed about 9 years ago. Had never done any scrapbooking before but I inherited all of his childhood photos and wanted to preserve them. I spent that whole summer making his album with many tears, many smiles. By the time I was done I felt I knew him in a completely different way. Scrapbooking definitely helped me through that difficult time.

Vallee
Vallee 
Pro
Vallee
In response to olleharr

It is the most relaxing thing I have found next to medication! I worked on a mini album a while back that was all about my Granny that had recently passed away and it was the best way of dealing with my grief! I take out when I start missing her and remember the wonderful things about her and how beautiful she was!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vallee

I'm so sorry.

I have done exactly 1 emotional LO in the 5 years that I've been scrapping. I have no pages of my Dad who we lost over 12 years ago. I think that's why I never scrapped my wedding photos. I just lost my great-aunt at 105 and realised that I have never filled in the hidden journalling tag on the LO I did when she was 101. I guess I have to start getting hold of my inner pain and get therapizing.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to RedSquirrel

Let your tears come. Let them water your soul. ~Eileen Mayhew

Quote I found a few months back when my mom passed, want to feature it on a page soon. hugs to you all wherever you are in the grief process, or for whatever else life is throwing at you!

Diva
In response to res19s2d

Visited your blog...love the (mirror?) with the word LOVE.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to bayamonesa1

I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, and my T reaches me best through scrapping. I've done countless emotional pages, and even a mini-album. It's not easy, but it works for me.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to BoBecca77

I understand completely. My mom is in a nursing home and she is so sad, and there is nothing I can do to fix it. I feel so bad for her. It's hard but for some reason I have gained a passion for documenting my ancestors.

jlj889
jlj889 
Resident
jlj889
In response to BoBecca77

I started scrapbooking last May, 2.5 months after my 3 year old son Daniel died from Leukemia. I started because I wanted to preserve the little craft projects he did while in the hospital, and then I started printing pictures of him so I could tell the story of his short but amazing life.

I find when I'm feeling really down I can put together a LO, taking breaks when needed, and remember him and all of his milestones and adventures. I also use lots of his stickers (he had many packs of stickers) on the LO's and I know he is a part of the LO - though I hear him laugh and say "you so silly momma, that not where that sticker goes".

I'm making a mini book right now for my dad, using pictures of Daniel and my dad together. And also working on a LO of when we took Daniel to see Thomas the Tank Engine at the railroad museum.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to jlj889

So sorry for your loss, your DR.Suess quote is one of my favorites.

Diva
In response to BoBecca77

So touch by your story and how special your son must have been for you and your family. May God grants you with peace and love knowing you were the best Mom for your son. Take rest upon your feelings and hope that you can complete your projects in memory of your dear son.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics