Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what to bring to an expo etc.        (Topic#1584565)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hey girls, I am going to be attending my first scrapbooking expo on february 22/23!!!!! I am super excited but not sure what all to bring i want to do the all day until 12am crop but not sure i can. what do i bring?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mindygail

One thing I have learned to take to an expo is something to bring my 12 x 12 papers home in. They give you bags but all the walking around, the papers can get wrinkled. Now I take a 12 x 12 holder and put papers in it as I buy them and I don't have to keep up with all the individual bags and the corners of my papers don't get bent.

In fact I take a large tote bag and drop the 12 x 12 artbin in it so I can drop bags with other purchases in the tote too. Plenty of room for the artbin carrier and other bagged purchases.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Henri Jean

I do like Henri does, I take a large shoulder bag with a 12X12 bin in it...that way I can slip my paper right in the bin and never get a wrinkle. You can't take any carts or strollers on the show floor so keep that in mind.
As far as the crop, take a project that you can do, don't take to much as the tables are round and not a huge amount of room. You can check your rolling tote into tote checkin while you shop. I would suggest a rolling tote so that you have your hands free and easy in and out.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to binkiemonstermom

great to know i have a cheapy iris scrapbooking bin or case that I WILL TAKE with me thanks!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-28-13 12:36 PM
In response to mindygail

Are you going to the one in Grapevine? I am going to that one and it's the same days. This will be my first expo as well so I'm glad you posted this question!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 01-28-13 12:38 PM
In response to Vae

All the other shows and expo type things I've been to have lots of drawings for prizes and stuff. I usually take preprinted labels with my name, address, email and phone and whatever other info they usually ask you to fill out on their little entry card. That way I can stick the label on their card instead of filling it out by hand.

Do they do these types of drawings and stuff at the scrapbook expos? Is it worth it to bring my preprinted labels?

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to Vae

Jarvae, that is a great idea about the pre printed labels. We used to bring those to the bridal and event shows...but I never thought to bring to a scrappy expo.

I will be going to the one in Grapevine.

Tiffany

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

I do like Henri and Michelle. Definitely take artbin to put 12x12 papers in, even if it's just ones you will do at the crop. May need 2. I used to keep one in my car for shop trips.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SherylEb

the only drawings I saw at the Expo were the ones that you dropped your daily ticket into...they they posted your name on a white board if you won, they drew names every hour. I did win last year, a $15 gc to one of the booths!!! You didn't have to fill out the ticket because it was preprinted when you bought your tickets....but it can't hurt to take the labels in case you see a drawing in one of the booths!!

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to binkiemonstermom

I've purchased a portable accordion type paper saver from Wm 10 yrs for my first Expo (made by Generations) for about $3.00 and I went to the fabric section and purchase tough black corded straps that matched the fabric handles . I handed sewed it to my paper saver and I made a strap to hang on my shoulder. The best money I ever spent on a bag for scrapbooking. I still use it for every Expo and scrap shopping event and my paper never gets bent. I can even put my other supplies in it without having to carry the bulk of another carrier. Carry a list of what you need or want and stick to the list before you other stuff. Wear comfortable shoes. Bring a bottle of water to stay hydrated. Have fun.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Cricutgirlg

great ideas!!! yes i am going to the grapevine one. I am bringing my pink hello kitty bag and try to stuff an art bin into it yikes i dont know if i am going fri or sat kinda into the friday one but i am going wiht my sil probably so i dont get that choice just whatever works for her.
thanks again for the great tips!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to mindygail

I have a paper carrier with shoulder straps....like a lot of ladies mention you'll appreciate a large carrier of some sort to store ALL YOUR PURCHASES....mine is usually stuffed when I leave.
My sister and I go to 2 expos a year and we usually bring a snack and water and more money than we think we might need...at one venue in Pleasanton Ca..it costs 8 or 9 bucks to park..plus you may want to buy lunch there and there are make and takes too...which all eats into your scrap money.
Of course wear comfy shoes.
Hope you love it!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to dollscrap

If it is an unfamiliar place, Be sure to know where you parked, write it down if you need to!! I do like was already said and bring a large canvas tote with a plastic holder for my papers, wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of juice, water or soda with, and a snack of some kind. Food and beverages are usually pricey so spend the $ on scrappy things instead and bring something with or eat before you go! Have FUN!!! Sounds like some of you may be able to meet each other there. I used to be with a different board and we all planned it and met there, it was fun to put names to faces

Expert
In response to catzscrapper

Extremely comfortable shoes...not a day for the cute shoes, just a pair you can stand in and walk around in all day!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to HuskerMom98

what a great idea lets all meet at this expo i still dont know what day i am going to YET!!!
However i am purchasing my admission ticket the day of the event at the door front bad idea or ok not too sure. we should meet at the front. Just an idea>>??

Diva
In response to mindygail

Great ideas..it is so much fun..I have never done classes as I want to see very booth! I do limit my budget so I don't overspend and I have alist of things that I would love to get...but if the $1.00 Scrapbook store is there...I lose it!!!!!!
Have fun!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to bayamonesa1

Purchasing at the door is fine..we've ordered the tickets on line before but there was just as long a line of early birds as there was people who bought at the door..unless there is something going on for the early birds that you're interested in (check their website) then just buy tickets at the door. Because we are on their mailing list, my sister and I get $2 off coupons in the mail but some lss and craft stores give away $2 off coupons. Also the expo website has coupons for lots of the different vendors.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to dollscrap

Take some crackers and a water bottle with you. The food is always so expensive and I have found that sometimes a pack of crackers or some fruit snacks and a bottle of water will hold me till I get out of the expo.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-02-13 11:01 AM
In response to Sneezy1956

Woohoo! I just got my ticket. My LSS had them on sale at a discount and it doesn't specify which day I have to go, just in case something happens. Can't wait!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-20-13 11:25 AM
In response to Vae

Ok so I'm going to my first expo this Friday. YAY!

I know that they don't allow any rolling bags on the showroom floor. I was thinking about bringing a large backpack that fits a 12x12 paper holder inside of it. I have back problems and I try not to carry any heavy bags on just one shoulder. For those of you who go to these, does a backpack sound like a good idea? or will it be more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics