Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: February Budget        (Topic#1584599)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Welcome to the February BUDGET Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of January that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed a twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to tinadn

I need to be realistic...
$100
wishlist: doodle class, impulse buys, Echo Park paper

Twist: NO ribbon, Cricut cartridges, Brads

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

Oh dear. Um....

I don't really NEED anything, but since I have a $25 order sitting in my cart, and since the local Michaels is having a store closing sale this month...and since I'm having to stretch my stash to find some products for my Paper Mixing Bowl project for February.

I think I'd better put something in the pile.

Say ... $150. That's about $30 a week, which is about right for me.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I'll be there but unsure how much I will need/want/have to spend yet

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in. Budget TBD. I think the HL is opening in Duluth this month.

Pat, your local Michaels is closing? Oh no!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to kdinsmore

Well, the one CLOSEST to me is closing - but it's just a mile down the road from a huge Hobby Lobby, so it's been struggling to compete in that market share for a while. It's not a big surprise.

There are at least 3 other Michaels that I can think of off the top of my head - they're farther away, but they're bigger. And the HL is healthy, so it's not a HUGE inconvenience - with the exception that I'm boycotting HL until they get their health insurance priorities straightened out.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Morning ladies I would like to play again I will go for $150.

Wish List Paper, buttons and flowers

Twist well I would like to think I could go with out buying more circut carts

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to julie101

Im in...but dont know my budget/wishlist yet

scrapcrazy121104
Tenant
scrapcrazy121104
In response to tinadn

I'd love to join this challenge! Been a member since 2005 but just recently got really active on here. Joined a couple of challenges and thought this challenge would be fitting too.
I have a very small budget of maybe $25 and even that is a lot. Just recently unemployed so don't have anything coming in yet. Of course, I have enough stuff to last me for probably years.
I don't have a wishlist yet but am working on one. I love the 8x8 Storybook albums by Doodlebug Designs. The are 2-ring binders in very fun colors. I got mine at my local Hobby Lobby and it was marked down. It also came with 10 page protectors (9 regular page protectors and 1 in the receipe page protector which has smaller slots for receipe cards, etc.). I'm using the album for my 2013 calendar pages and love it!

Amy

Edited by scrapcrazy121104 on 01-31-13 08:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to scrapcrazy121104

Ill join this challenge. I have a question for my budget it is just wht i spend on myself or others in swaps to that will determien what i set it to be

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Ill join this challenge. I have a question for my budget it is just wht i spend on myself or others in swaps to that will determien what i set it to be

As stated in the OP:
  • tinadn Said:

You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to aquabunny

I def missed that part when i was reading ok

Budget 100
Wishlist: 6x6 paper packs, blank cards
Twist: No button or brads

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

Welcome ladies.
This is very informal-tell us your budget and how you spend it, then when (I mean IF) you bust-LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

NEED you ask?? I'm in again!

BBL with my (long) wishlist!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

ahem some of us need it more than others and welcome Amy

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Just cuz it's your bday, doesn't mean I have to be nice, TAMMY!

But I will!

And technically it's your bday already so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Okay, after careful thought, here's what I have for this month:

Budget: $75 (Including $45 in Expo credit)
Wishlist: modeling paste, EP Photo Freedom papers, Glue Arts tape refill, Pink Paislee Artisan Collection circles, hearts and stars, and PP snowflake chipboards and photo tabs, masks/templates (various), BoBunny Powder Mountain paper pad and embellies, We R Memory Keepers Tab punch and Albums Made Easy cards and flush sheet protectors, Simple Stories Take a Hike and Awesome papers, embellies and SNAP alphas, Sizzix BG and TH dies, new Prima metal trinkets, must-have wood and chipboard embellies
TWIST: Absolutely NO other paper (including cardstock), flowers, embellies, trims, tools or inks! No Cricut Carts either! I need NOTHING!

Basically this is my shopping list for Expo tomorrow... LOL! I did include adhesive because it is part of my budget this month and I will get that modeling paste! If not tomorrow at the next crop!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

That's quite the wishlist Sonja. Good luck and have fun.

Happy Birthday Tammy

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to tinadn

Still no idea for budget for me. I'll be digging through my Cities goodies today and seeing what I need to supplement with. DH saw the $70 deduction on the bank account at the lss, so I figure I better keep this month's spending down. Maybe...

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to kdinsmore

Happy birthday tammy

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics