Page 3 of 6 
Username Post: February Budget        (Topic#1584599)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

lol Kelly

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Wow... I must've set the bar really high this month...

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
LOL. Go Sonja. Love it when you bust - it makes it less awful when I do.

I made the Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Week 4 cut.

Except for this week, I'm going to HAVE to go shopping because our project assignment is a CANVAS project. I've never even attempted one. I understand Michael's has them on sale this week, 2 for 1. So...there's a trip in itself.

I own NO Gelattos. I own NO Bead Gel. I don't think I own any glazes at all...

Some of it I think is unnecessary - and I actually HAVE a decent idea of what I want my project to BE, so I'm going to rummage pretty deep down into my supply stash and see what I have that I can make work withOUT having to go shopping. But I'm going to have to spend a little this week, that's just a given.

Sonja - move over on the busted couch. I'll be joining you shortly.

Just in under the window...I can't BELIEVE I'm not joining Sonja on the busted couch, but the month is still pretty early.

My shopping trip today...

2 canvases 8x8 size
2 packages of gelatos - just because I couldn't decide which color palette I wanted for sure.
1 stencil - which I didn't really need, exactly, but kind of did because I needed something to run the edge.
1 jar of glass bead gel
2 small gars of glue and seal
1 package of pink flowers - big roses
1 package of teal flowers - mini roses
1 package of fabric lace butterflies
1 package of wood wordlets
1 package of two tone bling
3 bottles of metallic paint in various colors
1 metal charm - wings to go with a blingy angel I already have.

I think that's it. I think. The stencil, canvases, and gel were the pricey stuff. The rest of it just kind of added up as I went.

Total trip was $125, but I had a left over of $136, so I think I'm still safe for a sum total of $11, is that right?

Keep my seat warm, Sonja. Month is WAY early to only have an $11 balance.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
That's actually my plan, Tina... going to a crop on Saturday at M's and am GOING to buy my molding paste!! Might as well bust some more and cross another item off my ever-expanding wishlist... lol!

Go buy the wall spackle at the hardware store. Same stuff, a lot cheaper. ;-)

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to tinadn

• tinadn Said:
Julie you have an awesome hubby, don't think you will be needing paper for a while:)

I hope not either but I been scrapping everyday last month so we shall see

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to julie101

And I am on the busted couch yes i busted today got alot of good things though

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to babigirl

at least you ladies that are busted have great company on the couch:)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

im holding strong but I dont know for how long LOL....

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Bustin' loves company, welcome to my couch, Shatema! Don't worry, Pat, there's plenty of room!

And thank YOU for the tip!! While we're on the subject of paints... anyone know how to get paint off the mask templates? I used gesso on my brick template on that page of ds last month, got busy afterwards and forgot to rinse it off right away.. now the paint is long-since dry and I can't get it off! (Same with my brush) Grrrr... Any tips?? I'm guessing a hw store carries paint remover, but not sure what to get or if it'll damage my template...

What a great haul you got there, Pat! Can't wait to see your canvases! I have a canvas mini album from Prima one of my friends gave me and I have ZERO idea what to do with it...

Courtney... Idk how... I was browsing scraputante's shop yesterday and easily racked up $50 in my cart! Nothing spent (or probably will be spent), but it was really hard not to!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Busted some more today - just cuz I could!
I went for a walk at lunch and wouldn't you know it, my feet walked me right to the M's a mile away! Got a small jar of MS texture paste (Sorry Pat, I'm not even convinced I'm going to use it so I don't really want to commit to a big jar quite yet!), a couple of SMASH embellies and a pack of clear zoo animal stamps (thinking of starting early on the b-day invite cards for ds 1st bday!)

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

Lol Sonja she just got dust attic in too I'm scarewed lol. I'm spending my day scrapping.

Just got back from Ms and Js didn't spend any money out of pocket had gcs left from Christmas. So my budget is staying safe.

Kelly invited me over today I had to resist lol not in the budget this week

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I finally spent a little bit of money. I bought a package of tiny charm clear stamps for $5 and one of the Prima doll stamps for $8.

Budget $50-13=$37

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to Kamananui

HL is opening on 2/15, there's a J's 40 miles away, and a Hancock Fabrics in Duluth! My gf and I are planning on ditching the DH's and her son for a few day trips to Duluth this month or next. Haven't spent any $ yet, but I did have that big shopping spree last month and I haven't touched anything I bought yet.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to kdinsmore

I am still holding strong...its a good thing the budget is tight this month or I would be busting all over the place..so much fun stuff coming out :/

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Courtney, how is a $200 budget tight?!?

I spent the weekend consoling a teething baby... no scrapping... no spending... no NOTHING!!!

Edited by SonjaC on 02-11-13 01:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to SonjaC

And i busted somemore today like 90 dollars worth of busting no more this month for sure

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to babigirl

LOL Sonja....i dont think i will even come close to spending that this month....DH's consulting is extremely slow...and being that I want to stay home....i will sacrifices just about anything including new CHA releases LOL...sooooo I have not spent any money on scrappy stuff as much as it is killing me!!!!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Me =

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Kamananui

Good for you then, Courtney! That's hard to do - and I'll say especially when you're at home! But I believe in you!

Good for you Kelly!

Me to Shatema... I added another $15 to my bustville list... I pounced on the peachy deal at 3am this morning, thank you ds for the wakeup call...! Got several of those Pink Paislee Artesan items I wanted!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to SonjaC

No busting for me THIS week. Our Week 5 project is an art journal using PAPER SCRAPS and STASH ITEMS!

I'm so excited I could just squeal like the wee little piggy all the way home!

Page 3 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics