Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Just wanted to introduce myself        (Topic#1584605)
Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman

If there is another place to introduce ourselves, I didn't see one. So the moderators are welcome to move this post as appropriate.

Many years ago, around 2006, when I started scrapbooking, I found an awesome website where I could order products, find wonderful pictures of ideas and forums to make friends. That site has closed down.

I relocated to another part of the country in 2008. There are no scrapbooking stores in my area. So I decided to search online for a new local to hang out.

Also in the meantime, my scrapbooking supplies have been in storage for 4 years, awaiting shipment to my new home. Well a very good friend of mine is coming for a visit and agreed to pick up my scrapbooking supplies and drive them to me! So next Tuesday (Feb. 5), I get my supplies. I'm sure I'll be knee-deep in organization for a while but it won't take me long to jump back into my passion!

This site seems to have been around a while and a good place to settle for a bit.

So in short, hello fellow scrapbook enthusiasts!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Julie Garman

Hi Julie - welcome to scrapbook.com! Its an awesome place. If I spent as much time scrapbooking as I do on the boards I'd really get a lot accomplished!

I think I spend about 2 or 3 hours here for everyone 1 hour I spend scrapping.

I know you will get excited to be reunited with your scrappy stuff!

What part of the country are you in? I'm in Ocala, FL. They used to have our city and state under our photos but took them off years ago. I wish they would put them back on - that was really a nice feature.

There is a part to talk to others from your state oe country but that is not very active. If I go to my area no one has posted in several years. That bad.

This is the best place for your post to be seen. Some people post it in "beginning scrapbooking" but I this is more active.

I can't imagine being separated from my scrap stuff for 4 years!

Good luck jumping back into scrapping and welcome!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Henri Jean

Welcome to SB.com!

I can tell by looking @ my scrapbooks just about when I joined this site. I have learned so much just be hanging out here on the boards.

There's some real nice people on here, and they are always willing to answer any questions you may have. Just jump in & enjoy the ride!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to flintridgescrapper

Welcome.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

WELCOME. You must be thrilled to be getting your stuff back!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to CrimsonMama

Welcome!

*sprinkles glitter*

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hi!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to designguyKORY

Welcome Julie! That will be so great to get your supplies finally! I see you are in Nevada, I am just a few states away here in WA state, on the Idaho side. Where did you move from? There is so much here and the shopping is Superior too

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to catzscrapper

Welcome to the site.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to justartguy007

Welcome Julie!

I hope you love this site as much as the one you used to visit. It has exactly what you're looking for. Great products, friendly peeps and TONS of ideas in the galleries. This place is addicting!

*cough cough* I think I inhaled some of that glitter

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 01-30-13 04:51 AM
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Hello Julie and a big, warm welcome!

Diva
In response to IzzyB

Welcome! I love this place. I have learned so much and visiting the galleries and the blogs is so exciting!

Diva
In response to IzzyB

Love your blog!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to bayamonesa1

Welcome! I hope that you and your supplies are reunited safely!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

Welcome Julie! Jump into any conversation at any time.

angiegirtz
Veteran
angiegirtz
In response to SherylEb

Welcome, Julie! I just found this site last week & it is amazing! I am trying to figure it all out - what an awesome group of people, full of the same interests, with an incredible amount of talent - so fun!

Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman
In response to angiegirtz

Wow! I just found this site last night and halfway through the day, there's all these wonderfully friendly responses. Thank you!

To answer your questions:

I lived in Indiana prior to moving to Las Vegas, NV. Yes, there are around 2 million people who live here whom you never see unless they are serving you drinks, taking your money at the tables, carrying your luggage or pan handling on the streets. *laughs*

I do look forward to looking through the galleries. On the other site was on, I could also tell via my scrapbooks exactly when I got on the site. My pages improved and changed dramatically as I learned techniques and fun layouts that matched my preferences.

Question: what are the rules for signatures on the forums? I don't want to break any rules on my second post!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Welcome Julie!
I love it here as well. I browse the gallery all the time for inspiration. I shop here A LOT! They have pretty much anything you need!
The forums are great for getting answers, opinions etc. And I know some people do the challenges here for fun and inspiration as well...

Alison

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

• Julie Garman Said:

Question: what are the rules for signatures on the forums? I don't want to break any rules on my second post!

Per board rules:
* Posting links to any external scrapbooking or craft site is prohibited. This includes online stores or sites of any kind related to scrapbooking, E-Bay, etsy or other auction sites. (Links and content of this nature should only be shared via email or Private Message).

* Signatures, private messages, and avatars may not contain advertising information for other sites.
* Signatures, private messages, and avatars may not contain inappropriate content or profanity.
* Signatures, posts, and threads may not contain images of any kind. (Content of this nature should only be shared via email, Private Message, or posted in the Layout Gallery and linked in message text.) Graemlins are not considered images.
------------------------- ------------
A lot of people post the challenges they are in, quotes they like, and/or their blogs.
It's basically easy. If you question if it should be there, don't put it there. Blogs can't be posted if they sell stuff. The rules I stated don't include that but it's a rule. When they say not to advertise other sites, that means sites that sell stuff. They are a business after all!

Edited by fknapoleon on 01-30-13 03:42 PM. Reason for edit: To clarify what I wrote.

Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman
In response to fknapoleon

Thank you for the rules Kendra! I'm glad you mentioned no pictures in the forums. I probably would have eventually unknowningly broken that particular rule!

I don't suppose the Store has a monthly kit club or something like that? I really miss that part of the old online store I was associated with. For $30 a month, you got a kit of the latest cool stuff, with a sheet that showed a couple of design ideas using those products. It's how I majorily increased my supplies and learned a lot about layouts. I never know what to buy a lot of the times and have a ton of stuff I'll probably never use.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics