Welcome to the monthly Monochrome Layout Challenge for FEBRUARY.
Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.
1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.
2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.
NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."
*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!
3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.
4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!
5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!
6. I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.
7. Layouts must be new as of the first of each month and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time the last day of the month.
8. Random.org decides the winners. There's no voting pressure, just pure fun!
READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!
Emerald Green : Sprinkles by Axelf85
Honeysuckle : Golf Cart Fun by Scrappindmbfan
Mimosa : Miracle by Bubblegirl
Chili Peppers : Making a New Bed by Beck_bear
February - the month when Cupid brings out his bow and sends his arrows straight to our hearts. February - the month when children prepare their decorated boxes to receive the sweet and sentimental valentine cards of long standing tradition. February - the month of flowers, chocolate boxes, and whispered words of love from our special sweethearts. February - the last month that winter holds her cold clutches around our warm hearts. February - the month that we set aside to tell ourselves, "no matter how old we get, we'll never be too old to be young and in love."
Enjoy these, and make sure to spend some time on your porch watching the world go by.