Username Post: Recollections Albums...        (Topic#1584625)
Soyala27
Tenant
Soyala27

The only store in my area is a Michaels. I am in the midst of starting up on Project Life and I need an album. Are the Recollection binder sturdy? Not sure if anyone had used them before. They look alright but it's hard to tell when you can't open them up. (They have them wrapped up plastic. I was debating on getting an American Crafts binder but I really don't wanna order online and pay the shipping.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 01-30-13 06:30 AM
In response to Soyala27

I'd say they are fairly sturdy. If you were to compare them to the We R Memory Keepers binders they are not that sturdy.

I would just buy one check it out if you don't like it return it. But, I am the princess of return it if you don't like, my Grandma was the Queen!! But if you do buy one, look it over really good for flaws and such.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-30-13 09:19 AM
In response to KimKV

How many pages do you think you will end up with? The D-ring albums are going to be what you need.

Pay the shipping - or wait till they have a free shipping day here. It is worth it.

I love the We-R albums - great quality and colors.

And they have lots of page protector options also.

Edited by GMFTS on 01-30-13 09:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to GMFTS

My michaels carries the WER albums, I don't know that all of them do, but it is worth a look; it is my prefered album. I don't like the Recollections brand but that's just because all of them I've seen are post bound and I prefer the d-ring albums. That being said, I have purchased one of their albums for an album I made for a gift and 4 years later it seems to be holding up ok.

Soyala27
Tenant
Soyala27
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hm, the We R Memory Keepers looks nice.

How often does this site have the free shipping? I think the shipping costs are a bit ridiculous for some stuff here.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to GMFTS

Our Ms has the WRMK binders now. They are usually on an end cap right by the pp and cs.

Soyala27
Tenant
Soyala27
In response to uruvero

I have a small size Ms which really sucks when it comes to the product selection. It's the only craft store within a 50 minute drive. I don't even have a LSS to inquire at for stuff. So frustrating.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Soyala27

Just think about the price of gas when you think about shipping costs.....Today it is at $3.65 per gallon, unless you get great mpg, to go 50 miles 1 way = 100 miles round trip, the amount of time it takes to drive 100+ miles, lunch out, I think you need to rethink shipping costs! Too funny! Really, Recollections albums are fairly decent, you get to support Scrapbooks.com and they have been so supportive of their customers with so much education and tools they create and share with us. Usually you will find all you need online, you will stay off the streets and avoid overspending on things that you obviously have not researched. That last thought was more for me than anyone else. Enjoy all that you do and don't get too serious cuz then it isn't fun any more.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to NancyLong

I also really like the WRMK 3 Ring Binders. I just found some on clearance at my Target!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics