Username Post: Feb Very Laid Back Challenge -- Love at first scrap        (Topic#1584643)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to LesleyC

Acu

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to MelissaW

Have fun, Mel! DH has an Ipad, but I only know how to use it for facetime with dgs.

And, I am acu!

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to MelissaW

• MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

Melissa, have fun with your new toys, love my new iPad. What kind of printer are you ordering? Is it a photo printer?

I ordered the Epson Artisan 837... it's supposed to print with iDevices and also has better-than-lab-quality photo printing, as well as all-in-one capabilities.

Melissa, that's what I have and love how my photos turn out...only downside is the ink cost but you can replace each cartridge as needed.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Tena E.

• Tena E. Said:
  • MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

Melissa, have fun with your new toys, love my new iPad. What kind of printer are you ordering? Is it a photo printer?

I ordered the Epson Artisan 837... it's supposed to print with iDevices and also has better-than-lab-quality photo printing, as well as all-in-one capabilities.

Melissa, that's what I have and love how my photos turn out...only downside is the ink cost but you can replace each cartridge as needed.

I have a Canon Pixma MX860 that is not gentle on ink... I can't imagine this one using more than it! But I'm excited to be able to print from my devices and for the easier wireless network setup involved. I'm used to buying 6 ink tanks already, so it probably won't be much of a change there.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to MelissaW

Henri, my DH is in the Army and we are stationed at Vilseck, Rose Barracks for the second time...this was actually our first duty station 17 years ago. That time we were young, newly weds with a baby so we didn't get the chance to explore. Getting to come back with teens has been an amazing time. We are taking full advantage of this opprotunity and loving every minute!

Melissa good question, I have that same problem when I'm on my ipad...if I'm really quick I can hit my selection when I tap the pull down menu but more often then not I'm like you and have to go through the extra pages to get where I want.

Tena E, We go to Garmisch later this month for a marriage retreat! So excited we get a free weekend at Eidelweiss

Edited by BoBecca77 on 02-05-13 08:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to LesleyC

Eileen, I don't know how you would have time to work. You are a busy lady!

Lesley- They always get over it when they need something...food or money or a ride. Lesson learned, the verdict is still out. Trust will have to be rebuilt. Luckily it was something pretty minor but having just started high school I want him to get that we are not stupid and he will get caught and pay for it before he thinks about trying something big.

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to lpeeps

A page I did about my mom and her grandbabies last night, fits the week 1 challenge nothings more sunny then warm orange hearts
You are my sunshine By BoBecca77

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BoBecca77

jci

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to lcmemories

got two to drop off
one finished the day before, another - done last night! went way past bedtime, but it was flowing so nicely, I couldn't stop))
A boy and his balloon By OlesyaK.
Bros By OlesyaK.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to OlesyaK.

Janeen - thanks for the post! really really love the ideas! I like two pagers, initially started with them but shifting more and more to one pagers recently.. I've bookmarked your blog, but if you don't mind I'd rather lift your gallery layouts instead LOL )))
One question though: I switched from post bound albums to d-rings (I like the mobility of the pages, constantly rearranging in historical order). but the two sides of the two pager separate way off in the middle in D-rings... any advice?

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to MelissaW

• MelissaW Said:

I have a Canon Pixma MX860 that is not gentle on ink... I can't imagine this one using more than it! But I'm excited to be able to print from my devices and for the easier wireless network setup involved. I'm used to buying 6 ink tanks already, so it probably won't be much of a change there.

Melissa, Tina, question. I'm a recent owner of a canon pixma (don't know the #s) and I had a chance to compare the photo lab prints with home prints.. my home prints seem greyish, in addition to seedy... seedy I can understand, but greyish? I tried to manually adjust the colors (printed the test page where each small pic is tinted +/- on R-G-B scale) and still it's greyish.. did you have to do any adjusting on your printers? how do the pics look? am I just too demanding of the home prints?? they are convenient for sure, but they definitely aren't cheap!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to MelissaW

• MelissaW Said:
  • Tena E. Said:

I have that printer and absolutely love it! I usually buy my ink at Office Depot and I have their worklife rewards which gives you money back on paper and ink. They also send you coupons which helps too. I usually try to buy the combo pack of ink because they are high capacity and seem to last much longer.

Edited by godschild94 on 02-05-13 07:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
Janeen - thanks for the post! really really love the ideas! I like two pagers, initially started with them but shifting more and more to one pagers recently.. I've bookmarked your blog, but if you don't mind I'd rather lift your gallery layouts instead LOL )))
One question though: I switched from post bound albums to d-rings (I like the mobility of the pages, constantly rearranging in historical order). but the two sides of the two pager separate way off in the middle in D-rings... any advice?

This is actually the main reason I don't like D-ring albums personally. My suggestion is to not split photos/words/etc over the seam of the two pages as you are scrapbooking your pages. This should help it not look so awkward in your albums. Other than that, there isn't much that can be done to fix the problem unfortunately.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to godschild94

Morning,

I have such a scrappy bug today, but really don't want to scrap much this week so that I have plenty of pages to choose from when Lisa and I crop next Friday. So I've been putting together kits, which for me, is almost as much fun as scrapping! I have like 7 page kits put together, so I'm sure I'll bust one out sometime this week!

I can't remember if I've asked this here before. Has anyone worked with Kiwi Lane templates? www.kiwilanedesigns.com (I think.) When I cropped at Archivers last month, a girl was using them. They really do make for some great LOs, but I wondered what people's personal thoughts were. I might pick some up if I see them on a steal site.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

jci

I agree with Janeen as to why I don't like/use D-ring albums. Also, I don't like the fixed binding size - I want to be able to put in as many or as few post extenders as I want to fit a certain span of pages. I have completed post bounds with anywhere from 44 (22 page protectors) to 104 pages (52 pp's).

Working on a couple projects today - supposedly. I need to get ready to go to an appointment here soon, which is going to blow the rest of my afternoon. I've mostly been on the computer since I got home from dropping Cassie at school, so I guess I should get to something productive.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
jci

I agree with Janeen as to why I don't like/use D-ring albums. Also, I don't like the fixed binding size - I want to be able to put in as many or as few post extenders as I want to fit a certain span of pages. I have completed post bounds with anywhere from 44 (22 page protectors) to 104 pages (52 pp's).

Might switch to post-bound for this exact reason! How thick are your 104 pagers? Is it easy to turn the pages in them? My hesitation is that I don't scrap in any order whatsoever. I might scrap a cute baby photo of Nina today, and photos of new boots tomorrow. So like Olesya, I like being able to move pages in and out of order...is it a complete PITA to do that with PB books?

Edited by LesleyC on 02-05-13 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to dancinirish90

Oh, almost forgot - please, take a sec and vote here please: January Four Categories Poll

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
  • dancinirish90 Said:
jci

Might switch to post-bound for this exact reason! How thick are your 104 pagers? Is it easy to turn the pages in them?

I'll bring a couple next week. That 104 is from Disney - and it was before I made bulky pages, so it's managable. Now I TRY to keep it at 50-60, but the last part of 2007 (Sept - Dec) was 76, so it's pretty big. My preference is to have fewer, larger albums than to have more, narrower albums though because more covers mean less space on the shelf. It took me 4 albums to do 2007, and I'm forcing 4 albums for 2008, but it will take 6 for 2009 because I took more pics because of my photo groups and Cassie was in more dances at recital. My limit usually comes because I try to buy complementary covers for each year, and so I have to fit everything into whatever number of albums I have. And, yes - the pages are easy to turn.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to godschild94

[quote=godschild94 I have that printer and absolutely love it! I usually buy my ink at Office Depot and I have their worklife rewards which gives you money back on paper and ink. They also send you coupons which helps too. I usually try to buy the combo pack of ink because they are high capacity and seem to last much longer.

Janeen, me too and you also get rewards points for taking back the empty used cartridges for recycling.

Tena E.
Queen
Tena E.
In response to Tena E.

ACU again, gonna try and scrap some today...see ya later

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics