Page 3 of 4 
Username Post: Packs of Paper vs. Single Sheets?        (Topic#1584645)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Good point - be sure to buy the acid-free refills. They are more expensive but will last!

The first time I loaded mine I couldn't get it right. I took it to the frame department at Michaels where they use them constantly (the 1/2" one even though mine was 1/4" - they load and work the same).

The person in the frame department showed me how to load it correctly and I can load it in about 10 seconds - but most of the people I go to crops with take the little thing with the direction on how to fill it and put it in the ATG inside so its always there when they open the ATG to fill it.

So sad they threw it away. If it worked before it was refilled they was quite possibly nothing wrong with it other than being filled incorrectly.

Tenant
In response to Henri Jean

I know I couldn't believe she said she threw it way !! But I will get one and I'm sure she will get another. Maybe we will have the famine dept show us how to load it also.. Thanks for the info.....

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat

Plain packs can be great, but there will always be colors and prints you will not like or ever use. You just need to weigh how much paper you will use versus the cost of buying just what you want. I will tell you that I purchase both ways. The paper I do not like, either goes to friends who will use it, or if it is blank on the backside, I use it for testing colors, journaling, and any number of other options rather than use the color or print I do not like.

Tenant
In response to NoirCat

Well I got my ATG today.. I will be trying it out tomorrow. Thank you for the info.....

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Homemaid

If you don't get it at first, be patient and practice. SOme people need to play with a bit first!

If you can't figure out how to replace the adhesive someone at Michaels will show you. I just took mine to the frame dept.

Tenant

Ok thank you Henri Jean....

Diva
In response to Homemaid

I haven't use mine in ages...have to get abck to my ATG!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to bayamonesa1

I learned the reload process by watching a You Tube video. She explained it perfectly.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to flintridgescrapper

Yes, I got my ATG for Christmas last year. It was great to be able to watch on YouTube exactly how it was loaded. Sometimes you need the visual. Enjoy your new toy!

Tenant
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I am not having such good luck with the aTG. I cannot open it to load the tape. I tried and hubby tried. And it is SOOO big. I think mine is going back.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Homemaid

Can't open it? The hinge is at the top, and it opens at the bottom near the handle, just push a bit on the clear plastic near the handle.

Tenant
In response to aquabunny

We have both tried it will not open. I can see where the little tab is where you push it in but it will not release.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Homemaid

Take it to Michaels or wherever you got it - or just go to Michaels and ask them to show you how to open it. WHen I took mine to Michaels to ask how to load it I went to the framing dept becuase that is where they use them.

Sometimes mine is more difficult to open at other times but it always opens.

Tenant

I asked at the frame dept. at Michaels and she said she don't use it she don't like it. So she has no idea how to load it. I got mine at JoAnns but I am going to ask at Hobby Lobby frame dept.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Homemaid

At our Michaels they have ATGs everywhere - its what they use. Very weird that your Michael's doesn't. Maybe Hobby Lobby can help you.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Mine was too stiff to open to start with, and I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing. I used some brute force and ignorance and it popped open. With repeated use, it opens more easily.

The catch is under where the arrow points, but it also attaches a couple of inches to the right where there is a cross. Try pushing on the arrow and you'll get a small gap open between the clear plastic and the coloured. If you can get a screwdriver into that gap and wedge it slightly, it should pop up at the cross, and open.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof

I love paper paks for 8 x8 albums, but other than that I LOVE single paper. In fact I'm obsessed with paper and scrapbooking supplies in general.

bonprof
Mayor
bonprof
In response to Homemaid

Please go on line and order Tape runners from Creative Memories. They are awesome and refillable and very easy to use.

Tenant
In response to bonprof

I have the Creative Memories tape runners the thin and thick one. With refills for both. Had them for years but never got started with my scrapping until recently.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Homemaid

Did you try with the screwdriver Homemaid?

Page 3 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics