Hi everyone! Welcome to the second month of the Four Categories Challenge! This challenge is about using our 'stuff' and, maybe, trying something new.
The goal is to complete up to four different LO's, each one fulfilling a different category - a product, a color, a technique, and a theme. You may enter one LO for each category, but you may not use the same LO to fulfill more than one of these categories. You do not have to do all four. You may, of course, stack other challenges with any of the LO's you enter here. Only LO's created and uploaded between February 1 and midnight PST February 28, 2013 will qualify.
At the end of the month, I will ask you to vote for your top 3 favorites from each category. You will receive a vote for each of your LO's just for voting, and any twists that are completed will get an extra vote. Those who complete all four LO's will receive an additional vote for each of their LO's. I will create a poll with the top vote-getters from each category so we can choose an overall winner to whom I will send a small RAK.
Category One ~ Product: Buttons
For some reason, I don't think to use buttons often enough on my pages, but they often lend just the right finishing touch. Borders, flower centers, scattered randomly – it's up to you. This month, use buttons on a page.
Twist: Attach your buttons with stitching.
Category Two ~ Color: Black & White + 1
In order to qualify for this challenge, your LO must be ONLY black, white, and ONE other color of your choice. No additional colors, including neutrals, are acceptable, and I would like you to limit your chosen color to all one shade. (See my examples 'Cheese Please' and 'An American Girl' below.) You may use different depths of the same hue. (See my example 'Kaya' below.) But, for example, lime green and Kelly green or pink and red cannot be used together for the purposes of this challenge. You may use black, white, and your chosen color in any proportions you would like: mostly b&w with a splash of one color, mostly white & a color with touches of black, equal amounts, etc. Make sense?
Twist: Use at least one flower on your page.
Category Three ~ Technique: Misting or Painting
Splatter, spray, brush – whatever technique you like, but you must use paint or mist on a LO. Paint some chipboard, mist your flowers, make a background – the choices are endless. Ink from a pad does not satisfy this challenge.
Twist: Do some masking with your paint or mist.
Category Four ~ Theme: I …
Do a LO about a person, place, thing, or activity that you love.
Twist: Use the word 'heart' or a heart shape somewhere on your LO.
The fine print:
1. Any size LO 8x8 or larger is allowed, including 2-pagers. Please post your 2-page LO's with one photo of both pages together. I will allow digi, but please realize some of the challenges will not apply to digi (especially in the technique category). If you can convince me that your digi LO fulfills the challenge, I will allow it. Keep in mind that the RAK will be for paper scrapping.
2. Please allow public embedding on your pages. Also, please specify the category in which you are entering your LO in your post and in your description. If applicable, please explain how your LO fits the challenge, and if you did the twist and where/how. Don't make me hunt for it. If I can't see it, and you didn't tell me about it, you won't get credit for it.
3. If you get love, leave love. I will not be a psycho about this, just do the best you can - this can be a very busy challenge. However, if I notice that someone habitually neglects commenting on the other players' entry LO's, that person will be disqualified from winning the RAK. No one is going to be excluded from the voting or poll and the chance to win the challenge. I'm just reserving the right to NOT spend my own time and money on buying and shipping a RAK to a person who doesn't participate. It's only if I never or only rarely see the winner's posts on other LO's in the gallery or the winner is someone who doesn't check in here in the forum a few times a month that I will check into it further and decide for myself if I want to make the effort to send something out. Please, don't stress about it!
4. Please, only share LO's that fit one or more of the categories. Commenting on shared LO's is up to each individual player.
1. Becca (BoBecca77) 1*,2,3*,4*
2. Becky (beck bear) 1*,2*,3*,4*
3. Annie (MrsAnnieS)
4. Carol (NMscrapper) 1*,2*,3*,4*
5. Shatema (babigirl) 1,3,4*
6. Tena (Tena E) 1*,2*,3*,4*
7. Doreen (Doreena) 1*,2*,3*,4*
8. Pat (GentlewoodFarms) 1,2*,3*,4*
9. Denay (denayc) 1*,2*,3,4*
10. Rhonda (rtoben40) 1*,2*
11. Kena (Bubblegirl) 1*,2*,4*
12. Melody (FinallyMama) 1*,2*,3*,4*
13. danigirl786 1,2,3*
14. Tracy (Tracy F) 1*,2*,3*,4*
15. Deepa (rahulsmom) 1*,2,3*,4*
16. Mandi (Briannasmom) 1*,2,3*,4*
17. Carolyn (vincarash) 1*,3*,4*
18. Victoria (vawm) 1*,2,3*
19. Artesha (arteshamac) 1*,2,3*,4*
20. Lesley (LesleyC) 1*,2*,3*,4*
21. Paula (Faithscrapper) 1*,4*
22. Julie (julie101) 1,3
23. Susan (suzilea) 1*,2
24. Pam (Pam in TX)
25. Corky (under5feet) 3*,4*
26. Jen (Jen E) 1,3*,4*
27. Linda (lindaj3) 1,2*,3,4*
28. Laura (lcmemories) 1,3,4*
29. Erin (silver26AK)
30. Michelle (mycowsnz)
31. Sandra (sasload4) 2*
32. Lisa (LREA)
33. Drea (DreaSlee) 1*,2*,3*,4*
34. Olesya (OlesyaK.) 1*,2*,3,4*
35. Sara (SaraS) 2*
36. Bev (scrapperbee) 4*
37. Sue (jazzescrapper)
38. Pam (fabricfrenzy) 1*,2*,3*,4*
39. Marci (Marcilb) 1,2,3*,4*
40. Erin (Erin Reed - Ekr1432) 1,3*,4*
41. Charity (Miss CA) 4*
42. Julie (jcbreck) 2*
43. Mia (Mia1979) 1,2,3*,4*
44. Becky (AuntJo) 1,2*,4*