Username Post: album 90% done        (Topic#1584697)
OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I need a boost or a shove or something!
Two albums, both are 90% done, and both are stuck. I'm procrastinating. one for DS , one from the last vacation. I have printed the photos I liked, completed most of the pages. Now I'm left with a random selection of random left overs, and I can't decide how to finish them up! they aren't really together, not a single theme or a place or an event, just random, you know. A funny pose, a pretty view, etc. Give me a push, what should I do with them? Somehow I don't feel they each deserve a l/o of their own, but I still want them in the book. Getting a photo sleeve page and just leaving them in the back doesn't appeal - then I have a pretty layout on the left side and a "photo album" on the right. Heeeeeelp, I want them finished and over with!

Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman
In response to OlesyaK.

I wish I had some advice to offer you but your post reminded me of me. Since I started scrapping in 2006, I have started 12 books. I have completed 3. The rest are in various stages of production. Two of the finished ones were gifts so I had a timeframe to complete them. The last one was a duplication of one of the books that I made for myself.

I guess the way I look at it: I'll know when they are done. I love having so many projects to work on. I find that I learn a new technique and then use it to finish a few pages in each book. It's kinda fun that way.

One thought on your vacation one: do you do journaling pages? That might be a nice way to sum up the trip. I do a lot of journaling in my books anyway, but a nice page with some pretty vellum, summarizing the vacation might be nice.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Julie Garman

I'm more stymied by what to do with the rest of the photos. I know some people plan the entire album in advance, what goes where and what size to print. not me. I have a pack of photos that will go in the album, and I want them there. but should I do one per page? they are really leftovers. and I don't see how to combine them into one-two-three pages.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to OlesyaK.

I would do a grid design (say, 3x3 photos) on one page and then journal about your vacation (why you liked it, how you felt about leaving, your fav. part etc..) You can fit about 9 photos on one layout that way and still have room for embellishments etc..Or you could leave one of the squares for your journalling.....
Same thing for your son's page, then journal what he does that makes you laugh or your favourite thing about him, or a habit he has etc.....

Good Luck!
Alison

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics