Username Post: how to store rubber stamps?        (Topic#1584707)
Veteran

HEY GIRLS !! I was curious what are some ways to store wooden mount rubber stamps? For now I am just keeping the single ones in two big zip lock bags but there has to be a better still budget friendly way to store them right? If you can give me some options that would be great!!! thanks

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to mindygail

I have a short bookcase with little baskets on it. Each basket holds certain rubber stamps, one for Christmas, one for birthdays, one for family, etc. Helps keep me organized.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to momtokatie

I did a blog post on how I store all my stamps:

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/201...

scroll down to the bottom to see the wooden stamp storage.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have several kinds of stamps and several storage ways for them...Wood mounted stamps are in large totes with lids, according to theme-Holidays-People- Floral and Foliage-Animals- Foam stamps... I have about 15 0f those. They used to be containers of cat litter (held 28 pounds!) at the grocery store and since the lid snaps on so securely, I figured I would use some to store stamps. The unmounted ones(for acrylic blocks) I use DVD cases for, the kind like you rent from a shop. The ones I get are clear and FREE!! I get them from a local grocery store, peel all their labels off and stamp the designs onto a piece of paper cut to fit the plastic cover. Works perfect and even large sets fit completely into one. It's probably obvious I am into recycling I do have hundreds and hundreds of stamps, been stamping since the 70's. Occasionally I get wild and sell some or give them away to people who need some, but I do stamp almost every day and will try to never lose my passion for stamping and crafts with stamps!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to catzscrapper

I store my clear stamps in 3 ring zip up binders in card holders and also on cling sheets..my cling rubber stamps are in DVD holders and my wooden stamps are in baskets.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

drawers,,,I have several drawers full, and I store them by theme,,,,,

I am rapidly outgrowing this, however, and I try to buy cling or clear stamps because they save space,,,,,but sometimes I just can't resist them LOL

Veteran
In response to CommaHolly

these are all great ideas i really like storing them like binkie said. thanks,'mg

Diva
In response to mindygail

Great ideas for storage! Thanks for sharing!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bayamonesa1

Great wooden stamp storage By Dwelch

This is how I store mine. I LOVE wood-mounted stamps. These are IRIS photo storage boxes - each case has 12 small 4x6 boxes in it. I label the small boxes with the type of stamps stored inside, and number the large cases. I keep an index telling me what categories are in which cases. Hope this helps.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to dwelch

Ammo Storage for small wooden stamps By Dwelch

In addition, for storing those itty bitty alpha stamps that you sometimes get in sets, I love using ammunition storage boxes for them. I find them from Ebay. You can get 3 sets of those little stamps in each box.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to dwelch

I don't have a ton of stamps, so I just store them by theme (Christmas, Valentine's, cats, birthday, etc) in Iris boxes with paper and embellies pertaining to the theme. This is a new try at organizing for me and so far it's working great. I have 3 Iris boxes of Christmas stuff, for instance, and one box of Valentine's-related stuff, and I was CONSTANTLY losing track of my birthday items, so now I can find all the stamps and embellies and papers at one go instead of having to look 3 or 4 places to find the coordinating theme "ingredients" for cards or LOs. The Iris boxes are stacked with a large label printed from Word slipped into the front of each one for easy picking!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to meezerpleaser

I store them in carton boxes that are folded when you buy them and when you put them together, it looks like an archival box with a bookplate at the front. They come in bare kraft or chipboard (you can cover those to yer liking) and coloured. Mostly in white's, black's, grey's, and primary colours. I have a cabinet full with those in same size and they work for me. They come in various sizes tho so you can organize yer cabinets or shelves however you like....

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to TheCharmedOne

Mine are on a set of very shallow shelves that fit behind the door. There's a picture at the end of this blog post:

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

Cindy

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to cindy312

Cindy, your shelf in the back of your door is Awesome.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to armygirl

I use those 3 white plastic drawer sets by Sterilite. The drawers are clear. The drawers come out so I can take one to my table. I store my ink pads in there as well as stamp supplies.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics