Username Post: Designing your covers        (Topic#1584743)
olleharr
Mayor
olleharr

Decorating the cover of this scrapbook for my nephew this morning got me wondering do you all add design to yours? I haven't seen too many scrapbook covers posted here on sb.com. I have only done it to a few of my scrapbooks but when I see how nice they can turn out I'm thinking I should add a little something to all of them and make the outside look as nice as the inside.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-01-13 12:42 PM
In response to olleharr

I never decorate the covers although I have intended too. Mostly I use the leather albums though so I am not sure how that would look.

My dd gave my one of the barenaked AC albums and it is still 'unclothed' after 4 years.

Thanks for the inspiration to get that done at least.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to olleharr

I did one for a very specific book. I enjoyed doing it!

Your's is very cute, this makes me want to do it again.

Altered Album Cover - The Motorcycle Diary By CrimsonMama" title=" Altered Album Cover - The Motorcycle Diary By CrimsonMama"The Motorcycle Diary.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to CrimsonMama

I don't decorate the covers.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

This is why I slightly prefer albums with windows in the cover, though I loved the album for my Hawaii album (it had a little bookplate in the corner of the cover that coordinated with the rest of the cover's design, so I could slip a title in), but I've done special covers, gluing stuff directly to the album, for my recipe album and one of the baby books I've made.

kariyava
Guru
kariyava
In response to Bxr-Linda

I do, because I have albums like yours with the little window in front, but I rarely take pictures of the covers I do and upload them. My covers tend not to have pictures, but to instead have some pretty embellishments and include the date range of the layouts in the album (I do them chronologically).

By the way, your album cover is really cute!

Edited by kariyava on 02-01-13 01:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics