Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: **February HOARDERS Challenge** Technique Time!        (Topic#1584753)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

The Scrappy Supplies Hoarder, you know who you are! (And, be honest, we're all guilty of it at one time or another!) Do you have one or two (or more!) coveted papers or paper lines that you just can't cut into?! How about a pad of papers you haven't touched, but had to have? Do you have a special package of embellies you simply refuse to use? Well this challenge is for you! Your challenge is to step up, admit to your hoarded supplies and USE them!

*Rules*
Here's what to do to enter:
1. Bite the bullet and create a page, card or project with a supply item (or two, or three) that you've hoarded for at least a year. Your hoarded 'supply' could be anything - embellishment, paper, an old Cricut cartridge you bought, but never used.
2. Post your project here for us to all cheer you and clap you on the back!
3. List the hoarded items you used with your post so we can go search our stash for them!

February Twist: It's technique time! Time to use those masks, stencils, inks, mists, embossing folders, die-cut template, and other technique tools you bought forever ago and have never worked up the nerve to use! (I know I'm guilty of it for sure!) This month, break out some technique supply you've never used and USE it on a project or page! (I, myself have probably 20 mask templates I had to have, but have never used!) And let's bend the rules a little... for this twist, your technique item doesn't have to be older than a year.

Note: This is a fun challenge and not meant for competition - just challenging us to use those most coveted treasures we've held onto and get a little love in the process! Feel free to enter at any time this month and as often as you like! We all spend our hard-earned money on fun goodies, it's time we used them!

I will do my best to keep the front updated with everyone's work, but don't let that stop you from continuing to create and break out your hoarded goodies!

Now, let's see those projects!
Reward...Missing Sock! By Marcilb
Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Wk 3 - Dragon Box By SnowDog
be happy **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Sweethearts then... By Marcilb
Happy Girls Are The Prettiest ~*Nuts About Sketches*~ By GentlewoodFarms
Cute Christmas PJs By Arteshamac
I Love Your Smile By Mia1979
Fun at the Park By Julie101
Finally By Mycowsnz
Girl In The Park By GentlewoodFarms
So Much better By KimKV
Fun Times By BoBecca77
Villa Julia By BoBecca77
These are the women I come from By KimKV
I (heart) Cousin Camp By BoBecca77
Christmas 2010 By KimKV
Mother and Daughter **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Pinewood Derby 2013 By Erin Reed - Ekr1432
Heaven Whispers *~*Nuts About Sketches~*~ By GentlewoodFarms
Cherish By GMFTS
Aquarium By BoBecca77
church By Tinadn
Kona By Apa Kabar
Sweet By GMFTS
My Grandmother By GentlewoodFarms
Me, Myself & I By LREA
Mom to Be By Marcilb
I Mustache U a Question Do You Like Fake Facial Hair? By GMFTS
Farm Dawg By GentlewoodFarms
My Funny Valentine (Project 52: Week 6) By SonjaC
Bath Buddies By SonjaC
Laffs! By NMscrapper
The Little Rascal By GMFTS

Edited by SonjaC on 03-01-13 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

grandma_sue
Angel
grandma_sue
In response to SonjaC

I am a scrapbook supply hoarder - I admit it!
This sounds like fun!

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to grandma_sue

I'm in thanks

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-01-13 04:56 PM
In response to julie101

Oh I gotta do this. I was thinking about starting a challenge like this, I'll just hop on yours instead!!

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to SonjaC

Would love to e in again plse

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to mycowsnz

I'm in again, and I sure hope to get something to show for it this time!

I have some glimmer mists, but I'm terrified of using them on LO's since I don't want the glimmer to smear onto the plastic after it's dry. If I use a spray sealer for charcoal drawings, do you think that would make the mist stick better?

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to kdinsmore

oh darn I didnt read this before I did it...well Ill just have to use do the twist and do another LO!...
The tag in this LO is at least 7 yrs old as I bought it in Jacksonville, FL and my son hasnt lived there in 7 yrs!

Reward...Missing Sock! By Marcilb

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to MarciLB

I definitely have templates and stencils collecting dust! I'm in this month:)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to arteshamac

You know I'm here, right? Goes almost without sayin'

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to GentlewoodFarms

This was an item I finished yesterday - for a contest and now have an order for another one:

I've had these 2 sets of rub & buff since 2005 maybe that I just never used and I stole a couple rolls of the foil tape about 3 years ago from the hubby and never used those either. Then a challenge came up which I made journal covers then switched my idea on Friday and built a cardboard box and I frottaged & embossed, painted & rubbed & buffed all the foil tape to create this: Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge Wk 3 - Dragon Box By SnowDog

I'm going to make another box with this fun metal/foil tape (I'm having so much fun with this) and I have some alcohol inks from 2006 that I haven't used cuz they look kinda ugly and I guess I don't really use them and I'll post that box here too - and we'll see what a difference difference mediums make. (really I just want to make more things with this metal tape - this stuff is awesome!)

So since I was playing with metal foil for another contest that I completed on the 2nd - it doesn't really qualify but I'm hoping my new box does as this is a new technique for me and I'm still using hoarded items.

Erin Reed -
Pro
Erin Reed -
In response to SnowDog

ok,m horded items - flowers, metal heart, glitter swirls, and one of the papers

twist of tools/tech - die cut swirls with my cuttlebug and my edge punches (this actually got me using them on 2 other projects i am doing now)

be happy **Flamingo Scraps** By Erin Reed - Ekr1432

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to Erin Reed -

ok..I used a cuttlebug folder that i never used...had it over a year...it is a journaling embossing folder and then I journaled on it...

Sweethearts then... By Marcilb

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to MarciLB

Just checking in and all caught up

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to mycowsnz

Happy Girls Are The Prettiest by GentlewoodFarms

Let's see - hoarded paper, flowers, chipboard. I don't think there is ANYthing in my stash that I haven't used or tried at least once. I've dug and dug and dug....

I'll keep looking.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

jsut found this, count me in;)

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

GREAT to see you all here and LOVING that we have so many projects already!

Marci - Wow you are fast! No worries, I don't stand on any sort of ceremony and there isn't a real reason for the twist other than to challenge us a little more! That said, love the one you made with the cuttlebug folders!

SnowDog - Welcome! Nope, this one counts, but feel free to post the other one as well!

Erin - That is awesome that this twist got you to use those punches and dies on another project! That was my goal!

Keep 'em coming!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to SonjaC

I got a start one the new box with alcohol ink wash but I ran out of cardboard for the last side....then I realized that I have to hand cut flowers, guess I figured flowers were too girly or something - or maybe flower dies haven't been on sale when I was shopping ---- or I just tell my dd too bad - I'm not making a girly box but she can have a dragon box - lol.

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to SnowDog

acu.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to SnowDog

Cute Christmas PJs By Arteshamac

Ok, so I hoard mists, masking stickers, and Thickers! I used all three here:) I bought these Thickers over a year and a half ago. TFL:)

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to arteshamac

All caught up again hope everyone has had an awesome day

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics