Username Post: EHD        (Topic#1584765)
Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B

My EHD is softly beeping at me and won't load. I think I'm going to cry. Off to find the number of a local company to see if they can restore it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Jessica G-B

Whats an EHD?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

I think she's talking about an external hard drive. If it has pictures & stuff on it, I'm sure she is sad!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flintridgescrapper

I've always wondered what happens when an EHD dies. My DH keeps telling me to back stuff up to my EHD, and I do. But what happens when the EHD fails? Scary.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh no! How awful! I once misplaced mine and I was devastated. Luckily I found it, but if it died, YIKES! Poor thing!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Doreena

That's why I always back up to 2 places...
I have pics and documents etc. on my computer (of course) and I back up to a Seagate GoFlex drive as well as another EHD.....
I've heard that it is wise to keep one method of backup off premises as well, so that if there is ever a fire, flood etc. you are still safe.
I haven't done that yet.....
I lost pictures once when a computer crashed and I don't ever want to go through that again!

Alison

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to kiyawinn

Im so sorry for you. I do hope you have not lost your pics permanently. Our computer started acting funny before it actually crashed, so my husband bought an EHD and we backed our most important things on that before the computer died. I am in the process of backing all my photos up on DVD's to leave at my moms in SC, just in case the EHD decides to crash too.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
That's why I always back up to 2 places...
I have pics and documents etc. on my computer (of course) and I back up to a Seagate GoFlex drive as well as another EHD.....
I've heard that it is wise to keep one method of backup off premises as well, so that if there is ever a fire, flood etc. you are still safe.
I haven't done that yet.....
I lost pictures once when a computer crashed and I don't ever want to go through that again!

Alison

I use a Seagate also. Actually 3 of them; I back up to them and one stays at my sons house.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to Sunnydi

Pics were safely backed up to another EHD, BUT I lost ALL of my digital scrapbooking content and projects. Luckily, most of my projects were already uploaded to my printer's site and one company I used for digital content allows users to upload again. But any content purchased elsewhere was a total loss. Hundreds and hundreds of dollars gone. Silver lining... it could have been SOOOOOO much worse if I hadn't backed up photos.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Jessica G-B

I remember when my first EHD died on me. Luckily, I had backed up my photos and other files. But I lost most of my music. It taught me a big lesson. Back up EVERYTHING lol. Oh, that reminds me that I have to do another backup.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics