Page 4 of 4 
Username Post: Why Black and White!?        (Topic#1584789)
SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to dollscrap

Very pretty page. Love the colors you used.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

I agree that it's a beautiful LO. The colors are so pretty, but if a colored photo were used, it seems like it would be a bit lost. Like most have said...some LOs beg for color, while others seem better with BW or sepia.

Does anyone have examples of other colorized photos used on pages...maybe blue-tints for underwater or green for nature...or brown for kids and their mud :>) ? Sounds like another fun technique to play around with~Judy

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to mrsdriver5

I don't have one like that Judy but funny you should mention it. My 6 year old niece had me take silly photos of her in the tub last time she was here and then she stood over my shoulder and told me exactly how to edit them She wanted them all blue like she was under the water. Funny, she knew exactly what she wanted to go with her whale stickers and fish embellishments. Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

I have been playing around with black and white photos with a color focal point lately. This is my latest. I really love focal coloring.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 11:32 AM
In response to olleharr

Lisa that is beautiful!

I have a couple that I'm using in my wedding album where the roses are the only color. Roses for my bouquet, my husband's flower, and the cake had roses on it too. I also did a few where it's all black and white except the eyes, or one small element of the photo. I LOVE that look. Sooo pretty!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Vae

I hated the banner trend when it started. I thought lots of people were "ruining" their LOs with those ridiculous banners.

The banner makes an appearance on a good majority of my LOs and cards these days.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to runzalot81

I didn't get banners either,,,,,,

now I have several banner dies

Love the kitchenaid mixer LO! With as much money as people spend on those things, you want to remember it

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to CommaHolly

I wasn't too excited about banners at first either but they make their way on to quite a few of my layouts.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to dollscrap

I love black and white photos, and sepia. Besides the nostalgic feel, black and white photos force me to focus more on the subject and less on any distractions. Also, if you use a black and white photo on a layout with lots of color, it makes the photo stand out a lot more.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Crafting Marfa

Lisa, that lo is gorgeous!

*raises hand* with the banners. I didn't like them at first, but now I love them. There are other trends that I have had the same relationship with, too. I can't even think of which ones they are now!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-12-13 09:13 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

What are these banners? I wanna see!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Vae

I have always liked the banners. Not sure which trend I haven't liked, I liked them all! - flowers, butterflies, owls, trees, fences, circles, steampunk, buttons, brackets, brads, glitter, paint, mists, tearing, distressing, doodling, dolies, ribbone and fibers, and well y'all help me here. What other trends can we remember?

Here is the first banner I made, at least I think it was the first.

Kaitlin By Rockmom

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to rockmom

I too did not like banners much when I first saw them, my mind did not wrap around it, but now, I use them a lot! Just goes to show you can't count anything out.

I did a layout recently with a b&w pic because it is grainy and I wanted it to be bigger:

~Caress~ Swirlydoos RR By Manda_K

Banners:

Cherish ~Swirlydoos~ By Manda_K

ALSO a b&w pic. I use b&w a lot.

Page 4 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics