Username Post: The original sizzix die cut machine!        (Topic#1584791)
res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

I have the original die cut machine!! The first one they ever made with the pull lever!! I have been going back and forth about updating it!!! So is the turn lever easier than the pull!? I don't know why I'm being so indecisive about upgrading!! I need HELP!!!!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to res19s2d

I really don't know anything about the original machine so I can't compare. I do own a BigShot right now though, and it is pretty easy to use. You have to pull a bit harder on the handle if there is a particularly tight sandwich going through but it is usually a breeze!
I've heard good things about the TH vagabond machine (which is electric) as well!

Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

I used to own the big red with the pull lever,,,,,

it's ok, but updating was the best thing I ever did,,,,

you can cut larger dies with the updated machine,,,,,

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to CommaHolly

I finally upgraded because I found out I could use the texture plates from fiskars that I had a stack of in it. there are also several larger dies that would not fit in it, so upgrading was the way to go for me.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-02-13 01:24 PM
In response to Rosita

The newer machines are much better!!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to KimKV

Thanks gals!!! I have been debating if the money spent would be a good investment!!

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to res19s2d

I started with the red pull lever .....upgraded and never looked back! ....you will be thrilled with how much easier it is and how much more you can do!

IleneM 
New Kid On the Block
In response to melissadam

I must be living in a cave. I didn't know Vagabond was electric! I donated my red machine and dies to an elementary school and they were thrilled to have it. Right now I have a Cuttlebug that I love because it is so portable and just bought a used Cricut that I need to try out for home use.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to IleneM

I have big Red but it has been a long time since I have used it for cutting. I used it awhile back to flatten bottlecaps. I prefered the Sidekick over big Red, than I went on to the Cricut products because I wanted to adjust the size of the cuts. I also have a Cuttlebug just for embossing and last year I bought the Vagabond for cutting and embossing the Spellbinder nestibilities. The Vagabond is heavy but portable.

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to res19s2d

I had the original Spellbinder Wizard with the lever. I switched to the Big Shot a couple of years ago-- love it!! I use it ALL the time, even more an my Cricut.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to leslief

I have the original red too. I want to upgrade to the big shot but I don't have the space for it right now. Maybe when we move to a bigger house.

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg
In response to res19s2d

I got rid of mine because it was so difficult for me to pulled down. I replaced it with the Big Shot and the Cuttlebug and they are so much easier for me to use. The Big shot I just crank and it rolls the die and plates through with ease. Good luck with your decision.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to fknapoleon

Someone else with the oldie!!!(:

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to res19s2d

Such wonderful advice!!! My B-day coming up soon and I think I have settled on the big shot!!! A little happy birthday gift to me((((:

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to res19s2d

I had Big Red for years. I finally bought a Big Shot over a year ago. IT was the best decision I made. Cuts so much faster. I can cut multiple letter dies when ZI am cutting a title at the same time.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to anda11

Keep big red for chipboard and get the Big Shot. I have had 3.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 950nancy

I couldn't get spell binders to cut right with the old big red. I have never looked back with getting the big shot.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Sneezy1956

I have big red too. I've used the Big Shot, and it is so great! I have a Silhouette now though, so I never did update big red.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to scraprabbit

It is nice to know I'm not the only big red owner!! I just remember back ages ago when I bought it and the investment!!! I saved for ever it seemed!! The alphabets were sold individually and there was no such thing as iPhone coupons(;

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics