Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

I was reading an article today about junk food being addictive. Not new news, but this showed that rats given only junk food (high fat, salt and sugar) not only became obese, but their brains actually altered so that they no longer produced the hormones that tell the body it has eaten enough and it's time to stop. How scary is that?

And worse, the article implied that repeated exposure to junk food made changes to the brain that were not reversible without the whole cold turkey thing, if at all.

I'm not a McDonald's fan anyway, but that knowledge will make driving past a LOT easier now.

ETA: I forgot to say that when the junk food rats had their junk food taken away and were given only healthy food, they wouldn't eat it. Some starved themselves for weeks rather than eat the good stuff.

Edited by RedSquirrel on 03-06-13 02:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to RedSquirrel

Wow! That makes total sense! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-05-13 08:49 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I ate pretty healthy today. Hubby cooked up some chicken sausage that is heavenly and not terrible on the fat/calories, and some "healthy" stuffed mushrooms. He used a tiny bit of cheese, some turkey bacon, and the mushroom stems but no breading at all and they were FABULOUS! And I made it the whole day without any ice cream Gonna go eat some cheesecake now... LOL J/K!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

Good work Jarvae!

Diva
In response to Doreena

I am in the process of starting to buy organic foods as suggested in many articles for people dealing with Cancer. I am also doing more research about a decent priced juice maker. Haven't gained weight so it is good.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to bayamonesa1

Just stopping in haven't been in here in a while.

Jarve, lol... about the cheesecake. Good job with not eating any icecream.

I did good last week with my lunch I brought with me everyday yogurt,granola, and blueberries. It was yummy too.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• RedSquirrel Said:
I was reading an article today about junk food being addictive. Not new news, but this showed that rats given only junk food (high fat, salt and sugar) not only became obese, but their brains actually altered so that they no longer produced the hormones that tell the body it has eaten enough and it's time to stop. How scary is that?

And worse, the article implied that repeated exposure to junk food made changes to the brain that were not reversible without the whole cold turkey thing, if at all.

I'm not a McDonald's fan anyway, but that knowledge will make driving past a LOT easier now.

ETA: I forgot to say that when the junk food rats had their junk food taken away and were given only healthy food, they wouldn't eat it. Some starved themselves for weeks rather than eat the good stuff.

Oh wow! I truly believe this!
Whenever I eat healthy food all day I still feel hungry but when I eat this type of food, junk food, I always feel full...it's like my body doesn't think I've "eaten" until I have had the bad foods!!! Yikes!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

I'm so proud of myself! LOL I went all day without grazing! Doing the same thing today.

I looked at a scrapbook yesterday from around the time I had lost all of the weight. It made me so depressed & sad! However, it also gave me motivation to get back there again. I was not at my goal weight, but I was looking good! (I think you all know I'm not saying that in a bragging way....just a WHOLE lot better than I looked previously!)

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

I know Judy. You'll get back there again, and probably even further. If you need to graze, try munching on dried fruit (unsweetened) and nuts instead of chips and candy? Almonds are actually an appetite suppressant.

Not such a good day for me. I found the end of a pack of boiled sweets. They were going sticky, so they just had to be "used up", you know? I had about 5, then an hour later I got an attack of the wobbles. Seriously, I was shaking so hard I could hardly hold the pans when I was making dinner. Evil, evil sugar.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-07-13 06:57 AM

Good morning ladies!!! HAPPY DAY!!

Judy, WAY TO GO on your mini goal! That's awesome!

Rosey, today is another day and at least those sweets are gone now. Right?

Well I have a new goal. I was thinking last night about how hard it's going to be on me when we move. I'm in TERRIBLE shape and moving is hard work. So my goal is to actually try to build my strength and endurance up over the next 2.5-3 months before moving day. ALSO it's going to be hot probably and I'd like to wear shorts. I never ever wear shorts though because my legs are blinding white and there's a lot more leg than I care for, so I tend to cover them up with pants. But my goal is to wear SHORTS this summer! Not short shorts, just, you know, regular shorts.

So there, I've put my goals out there. I hope I can count on you ladies to help keep me accountable

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

I think you should post before and after photos Jarvae.

Diva

I have great news! My last two body scan came out cancer tumors are gone! AMazing...in only ten months with Cancer Colon Stage IV that spread over other areas of my body. Only God can do such miracle. I am so happy for my oncolgist and his staff. Now, I will be for a while under a "tumor-preventive treatment for a while.

Doctor gave me a list of 30 superfoods to add to my diet. No preservatives or hormones in my food...organic foods for me!

Thank you for all your support and prayers and good thoughts. Positive vibes are felt my heart! I am so happy!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Oh Esa! I'm so pleased for you! Thank you God!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Wonderful....wonderful news!

"there's a lot more leg than I care for!" That sounds like a good goal for you.

We have hubby's family reunion in June & our anniversary is in June, so I want to look better by June! I know it's not all coming off by then, but there should be some noticeable changes by then!

I've kept my goal yesterday. I ate a healthy breakfast this morning, and my goal for today is to do some exercising of some kind. I may break out the Pilates dvd & do some work with my bands.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

I found this on Pinterest & I thought is was some good rules to go by. Most of it is just plain old common sense.

http://infographicaday.com/bob-harper-the-skinny -rules/

Diva

How funny! I found him as well and signed up for hie e-mails updates!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• bayamonesa1 Said:
I have great news! My last two body scan came out cancer tumors are gone! AMazing...in only ten months with Cancer Colon Stage IV that spread over other areas of my body. Only God can do such miracle. I am so happy for my oncolgist and his staff. Now, I will be for a while under a "tumor-preventive treatment for a while.

Doctor gave me a list of 30 superfoods to add to my diet. No preservatives or hormones in my food...organic foods for me!

Thank you for all your support and prayers and good thoughts. Positive vibes are felt my heart! I am so happy!

Yay!!! SO happy for you!!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

Hi, ya'll!

I didn't get in as much exercise as I wanted, but did a little (better than nothing!). This doing the daily goal thing has really helped me. Sometimes I look at the big picture, and all the pounds I have to shed & it gets overwhelming. But I'm now taking it a day at a time, and I know if I do good on a continual basis, I will conquer the big things eventually!

How are the rest of you doing?

Diva

Don't give up...you will look great for your reunion. You'll see!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Good morning!

How's everyone doing?

I've been really trying hard. I guess we'll see how I've done on weigh-in on Thursday.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics