Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Jarve sounds like you are doing excellent

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to babigirl

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for my sil.
Been for a long walk to clear my head today so back on track I think??
God luck all

Anne xx

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Besneys

...or Good Luck even ...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to tanyaham

Eggs are great for a good protein breakfast.

Jarvae - I have a friend who is always pasty-white and a super-sensitive drama queen. She is in constant pain from her joints, and has a bad back and itchy skin, and can dissolve into tears at nothing. She's been like that for the 10 years I've known her.

She recently had a nasty cold with lots of residual catarrh, and I suggested she gave up dairy. Too much hassle, she said. Then her GP suggested the same thing, and so did another medic she consulted.

I saw her next two weeks later. She had colour in her face for the first time since I've known her. She walked with a spring in her step and a smile on her face. She stopped me to tell me that she had given up dairy and felt instantly better. The joint pain had gone, and the itchy skin. She said she had had a little cheese after a week and the following day her skin had driven her mad.

I asked about the catarrh and she looked surprised. What catarrh?

I love testimonies like that.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RedSquirrel

Rosey that is an awesome testimony.

Well my headaches had gotton me off track but did zumba yesterday and im going to the gym today.

For dinner we are having turkey parts string beans and Mexican rice.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to babigirl

Shatema I have to ask-- turkey parts? what parts?

Wow Rosey- that is quite a story about the ills of food allergies!

I had a good day today-- I didn't officially exercise but I raked the yard and burned leaves for about 4 hours. I hope that burned enough calories!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to terrihooper

The legs Terri lol

I didn't get no exercise in today

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to babigirl

Weigh in day: down another 4.8 lbs., for a total of 8.6 lbs. I KNOW this will not continue and my body is just adjusting to a change, but I'll take everything I can get.

Honestly, I can say I have been doing my best at choosing healthy foods. Not very many times in my life have I been able to say that! I feel so determined to change the way I look. I've been seeing some really cute clothes that I would like to be able to wear. Now, I know I'm 44, and will never be the cute, young thing I once could have been, but I want to feel confident in myself again and at least be able to have clothes that look half way trendy.

Thanks to you all, I've had some really good breakfasts the last couple of days. It's been a nice change off of oatmeal.

Hope you all are doing well!

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to flintridgescrapper

Wow Judy that is fantastic xx Big hugs really well done xxx

Anne

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Besneys

Judy i think it's amazing that you are taking the steps in the right direction.

I am hoping to get into the gym today

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to babigirl

Go Judy!

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to RedSquirrel

Good morning ladies.....I have been out of the loop for some time but came across this subject on health and read some of your postings...I joined weight watchers a month ago and dropped out last night after deciding I didn't need to be paying $48 a month to weigh me...wasn't getting much out of the meetings either...but I do know how to do the points etc...and turned to the free app " My Fitness Pal" to keep track of everything I eat...I have lost 8.6 lbs in the past 5 weeks so I am happy also I joined the Y and am doing water Arobics which I am passionate about;). I just wanted to offer another breakfast recipe that is very yummy and healthy....here goes: Take 1 whole egg and 1 egg white and mix ...In another small bowl smash 1 bananna...now mix the eggs and banana together then spray your small frying pan with Pam and pour in the mixture and cook like a pancake....You now have a healthy pancake....add a little lite syrup....everyone at the weightwatchers meeting were raving about it!! give it a try

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Kylagirl

Hiya! I have been terrible this week!! We've been busy, and had other things going on, so I haven't eaten very well, and haven't exercised either. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. I plan to have a good weekend, not go overboard, and get back on track next week.
Baby Steps!!

Diva
In response to Besneys

Sorry..have been off this board. I bought a scale to keep track of my weight.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to bayamonesa1

Hello everyone I did get some exercising done yesterday I did tobata and zumba i was exhausted when i got home

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to babigirl

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

DH has been home the last two days with his back, and he's thrown my routine off. I've not done as bad as I used to, but still, I'm ready to get back in the groove.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hi Judy

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to babigirl

Hi all,
Deep snow here so been clearing up the front paths...thats good exercise but good wholesome food not a salad in site might not have helped..weigh in Tues so fingers crossed.
good Luck everybody
XXX

Anne

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Besneys

Good luck, Anne!

Hubby being home has so messed me up! I love him to death, but I'm ready for him to go back to work, lol! Not done so great this weekend.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

Oh Judy I so agree. love them to bits but need space ha ah kids used to laugh at " i need my space" but now they have families they so understand

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics