Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Besneys

Isn't that the truth, Anne! I do some work from home, so at times, my phone rings off the hook. I just love the times when I can ignore it, go to my scrapbooking room & forget anyone else exists!

It's another week, and I'm going again. Although, DH had already planned to take off for the rest of the week after tonight. So there goes my routine again! I'll just do the best I can, and see how it goes!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to flintridgescrapper

lol, yes I do like to have my space too! My husband has been taking a class and it's a couple of nights a week I do love those nights.

I feel like a total dork but this morning I was flipping through the channels and saw an infomerical for Richard Simmons I ordered it. Maybe it will help me. It's a 90 day program. The exercise dvds looked not too complicated. I guess we'll see. Looking forward to starting it.

Diva
In response to Besneys

Hello, everyone. Doing good. Trying to eat more at home. Walking daily little by little.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-25-13 04:18 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

JCI... I am sick today (and yesterday) so I haven't weighed in. When I'm sick there's only one thing I want to eat... grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. And soda makes my throat feel better. I know it's terrible but it's hard to care right now while I feel like crud. Hope everyone's Monday went well!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Vae

Jarvae- sorry to hear the sickness set in!

Tommy cooked hamburgers and his "meat pie" this weekend so I was afraid to weigh in today! Good news- no gain! No loss either,but that is OK for a weekend.

I have been working in the house and yard a lot and not officially exercising-- I need to change that! I push mowed the front today-- it is 3/4 of an acre. That and some painting of trim was my workout-- which isn't really good enough for me but good enough, I guess. I agree that when Tommy is home, the routine is totally different and it is harder to be "good" 1) because he doesn't care if I lose weight and 2) because he is NOT going to eat right--

Have a great day tomorrow, ladies!
Drink your water and exercise!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to terrihooper

OH and---
One good decision at a time, ladies!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Hello everyone,,I have been away for a while...But I have stayed with my challenge that my family started on February 11th to do our Cardio for one hour or to do 5 miles per day.

We lost a few members who did not do the one hour a day,, So it looks like only 5 of us remain,,we are now on day 43. The challenge was started by my Brother and it was to end The day after Easter.

I hope that the 5 of us who still remain on it stay till the end. My SIL wants to keep going till may 29th which is her Birthday. I told her I will still do my hour. I want so bad for the weather to get warm cause I really like to ride my bike when its warm out. I will weigh myself at the end of this month. I don't weigh myself often cause I don't want to get discouraged.

It's so nice to see all of you still on here sharing tips and recepies and motivating eachother with the goals you have reached. So glad to be checking in again.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to armygirl

Well, last night was a bust! I did so bad. Aunt Flo is scheduled to appear at any time though, so I'll use that as my excuse!

Sylvia, that is amazing! An hour a day??? You go, girl!

Terri, I LOVE "one good decision at a time"! A good motto to live by!

Jarvae, when I'm sick, I couldn't care less about dieting or eating right! Comfort food it is! You just get well!

Michelle, don't feel like a dork! If something works for you, I say go for it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-26-13 02:57 PM

Michelle don't feel like a dork. There's a very good reason I own not one but TWO sets of the Mari Winsor Pilates DVDs and a body for life DVD. That's one thing I look forward to when we get moved into the new house... I'll have space to do my DVDs again. Right now we have a 20" TV in the living room and absolutely no floor space, so the DVDs sit there collecting dust.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Vae

Well folks, no lose no gain so I suppose I'm ok with that.
Jarvae, Hope yr soon feeling better, sometimes I feel that when I diet I must miss out something cos I nearly always start being off colour, buying vitamin doesn't help cos I forget to take them, oh the joys of life...

Good luck everyone else xx

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Besneys

Jarve, hope you're feeling better.

Terri, atleast you don't have any pressure from your husband about your weight.

Maybe I shouldn't be on this healthy eating thread anymore! I've been eating Lucky Charms for breakfast the past few days and yikes lunch yesturday was those Sweet n Salty granola bars they are yummy but I don't think they are really that good for you.

No, really I'm not going- I'm staying.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to cutencrafty

Oh, me. Weigh in was terrible! Up 3 lbs.! I knew it would be bad. Aunt Flo's here, Tim's home, and I had the don't cares the last couple of days!

Diva

So happy! Down 5 pounds!!!!!!!!LOL!!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Baya, that's great!!

Today was another Lucky Charms and granola bar day. I decided after this weekend to try to pay more attention to what I've been eating. Maybe I'll get my Richard Simmons stuff soon so I can get started that.

I've exercised 3 days this week!! My son who is 5 years old is making sure I exercise and reminds me to, lol.

Diva
In response to cutencrafty

Thanks! Funny how kids are!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Judy- It happens! Don't beat yourself u-- just get back into it when you feel better!
I am back up 1 today-- I know I shouldn't weigh everyday but I am a little obsessed right now. The OCD has me fixated on my weight. I am happy overall with the results I have had so far so I will keep trudging on!

One good decision at a time ladies! I know I have said it before, but it is worth repeating so this won't be the last time I post it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-01-13 05:02 PM

I love it Terri... it's a good reminder. Keep posting it

Baya, CONGRATS!

I am way up on the scale... being sick last week and eating tons of comfort food as soon as I started to feel better really took it's toll on me. I'll get back on track though. Starting tomorrow

Diva
In response to Vae

I am trying not to eat so much pasta this week and more vegetables and fish.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys

After my birthday party and meals out I've managed to stay the same....Good Luck all for this week x

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-03-13 04:50 PM
In response to Besneys

Hey ladies just checking in. I finally convinced DH to go to the store last night so we could stop eating junk food and takeout. Tonight I had a healthy taco salad.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics