Page 16 of 20 
Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Here I am. I've fallen and I'm trying to get back up! So irritated with myself right now!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy, don't get discouraged. Stay positive. I find when I get down on myself that's when I get introuble with food.

I got rid of all the easter goodies/food so now I'm not tempted to eat those things. I've been exercising not sure if it's making any difference yet but it does make me feel better and I pay more attention to what I eat when I exercise.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to cutencrafty

I haven't checked in here in awhile ... been doing poorly. Keep saying I'm getting back to business, but then {SQUIRREL!!!} something else catches my ... what was I saying?!? LOL

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-04-13 02:12 PM
In response to tanyaham

I need to get back to logging my food on MFP as well. I weighed in this morning and luckily I've only gained 1 pound, despite all the awful things I ate while I was sick.

Judy, just remember what Terri says... one good decision at a time. Everyone has setbacks. I still blame daylight savings even though that was forever ago.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to tanyaham

• tanyaham Said:
I haven't checked in here in awhile ... been doing poorly. Keep saying I'm getting back to business, but then {SQUIRREL!!!} something else catches my ... what was I saying?!? LOL

THIS!!!! ^^ LOL!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

Happy Birthday, Jarvae!!!!

Diva
In response to Vae

Good for you! I was bad this weekend! Guests in town..too much eating out.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-08-13 10:46 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

Thank you so much Doreena!!! :-)

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Vae

Happy Birthday(a day late) Jarve!

I've been doing pretty good with exercising. Eating has been so so. Not super great but not too bad. But no matter what I do I just can't lose an ounce. I gain just perfectly fine. I'm kinda frustrated and just want to give up but there's a part of me that just wants to be skinny again- ok maybe just lose 1 pound atleast, lol. Plus, my 5 year old is my motivation I'm like should we exercise tonight and he always says "Yes".

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• cutencrafty Said:
Happy Birthday(a day late) Jarve!

I've been doing pretty good with exercising. Eating has been so so. Not super great but not too bad. But no matter what I do I just can't lose an ounce. I gain just perfectly fine. I'm kinda frustrated and just want to give up but there's a part of me that just wants to be skinny again- ok maybe just lose 1 pound atleast, lol. Plus, my 5 year old is my motivation I'm like should we exercise tonight and he always says "Yes".

I feel the same way!
I feel like I starve and exercise and yet there is nothing happening so I just give up!
I wish I didn't care how "big" I was cuz life would be a lot easier! However, I do care, I say "F it! It doesn't matter what I weigh as long as I'm happy!" But the truth is I'm not happy w/ the extra weight. It's horrible!
And I'm actually not that overweight, I mean I know this, but I'm not as skinny as I was last year and it really bothers me!!

I don't know if it has to do w/ my age though... I'm 37 and sometimes I think that I need to realize I'm no longer a youngin' and I will just have to accept my less than perfect body!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

(Oops, duplicate post)

Edited by Doreena on 04-09-13 06:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Doreena

Doreena, I'm 37 too.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-09-13 03:03 PM

Thanks Michelle!

Yep, it's hard. It is a lot harder for me to lose weight in my 30s than it was in my 20s.

I also noticed that if I start a diet AND exercise program at once, it takes me forever to lose weight. I realized that by cutting calories and burning more calories each day, I was creating too much of a deficit and I was hurting my metabolism. Ladies make sure you're watching your intake AND your burn. All the sites that help you track food and exercise should help keep an eye on that and make sure you're not trying to do too much too fast.

I started just watching my calories. Then after I have been doing that for a few weeks I add in exercise. I can actually tell now when my body NEEDS more food. If I try to do both at once from the beginning, I always feel starved and I can't tell if it's real hunger or just "I wanna cheezeburger" hunger. So by dieting first and getting my body used to less food and healthier foods, the fake hunger (cravings) starts to settle down. Then when I start working out, I can feel the "real" hunger easier.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

Worked out this morning and burned 4100 calories.
Then went to buffet for lunch and had 2 plates of food and dessert. LOL!

Oh well, my intentions were good! And there's always tomorrow.

BTW 3500 calories = 1 pound

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Thanks Michelle!

Yep, it's hard. It is a lot harder for me to lose weight in my 30s than it was in my 20s.

I also noticed that if I start a diet AND exercise program at once, it takes me forever to lose weight. I realized that by cutting calories and burning more calories each day, I was creating too much of a deficit and I was hurting my metabolism. Ladies make sure you're watching your intake AND your burn. All the sites that help you track food and exercise should help keep an eye on that and make sure you're not trying to do too much too fast.

I started just watching my calories. Then after I have been doing that for a few weeks I add in exercise. I can actually tell now when my body NEEDS more food. If I try to do both at once from the beginning, I always feel starved and I can't tell if it's real hunger or just "I wanna cheezeburger" hunger. So by dieting first and getting my body used to less food and healthier foods, the fake hunger (cravings) starts to settle down. Then when I start working out, I can feel the "real" hunger easier.

I don't know if that makes any sense at all.

I understand!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-13-13 09:14 PM
In response to Doreena

Well this past week I ate pretty badly. I celebrated my birthday all week long. LOL. Today we went to a family function and I was force fed. Literally any moment that you aren't eating something, my MIL is trying to get you to eat something. It doesn't matter if you aren't hungry, it's just better if you give in and find something to nibble. LOL. I will be getting back on track this week though.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

3 days in a row of working out and I'm feeling good! Finally found a workout I actually enjoy: "Just Dance" on the Wii. I have all 4 of them. When I lost 35 pounds it was partly thanks to "Just Dance" so IDK why I didn't think of using it as a workout when I started my quest to lose weight again! ::SMH::

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to Doreena

Doreena, yay on the workouts!!

It does make exercising easier when you find something you enjoy. So far I'm really enjoying the Richard Simmons exercise dvds. They have people of all sizes in the dvds which I like it's very motivating I say if they are doing it I can do it too.

Jarvae, hope your getting back on track this week is a good week! and stay away from your MIL, lol.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

"Stay away from your MIL"...LOL!

Happy Monday all!
Let's make this a good week!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 04-17-13 08:21 PM
In response to Doreena

Hi everyone! I'm so glad this week is half over. It's been a long one. I traveled on Monday and ate pretty healthy... had a salad for dinner at Chilis and I was proud of myself for that considering I met up with a friend.

But then yesterday and today they ordered lunch in at the client site I'm at. Yesterday it was sandwiches and today it was pizza. Can I just say I really wish people would start thinking outside the box a little more and STOP with the pizza for work lunches? Pizza day isn't fun anymore, it's just gross and greasy and cold.

Oh, I changed my forum name but it's still little 'ol me

Page 16 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics