Page 2 of 20 
Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy that was really sweet of him--My DH always brings me stuff I like when he goes to the store-

Here's my story-3 or 4 years ago I lost 40 lbs and kept most of it off until this past year. I had a hysterectomy and since then I CANNOT LOOSE and I have a tummy pooch I never had before. I need to loose 10 to 15.
I do exercise and eat right most of the time. I am alternating jogging and walking every other day--I do 3 miles.
I have a stationary bike that I ride if I can't walk or jog. I do 10 miles on it--
I also have the Wii Fit and I love it.
As you can see I have a lot of exercise options and use them.
I am just SO FRUSTRATED that I can't loose-- I don't know what else I need to do. I don't want to accept that I can't loose but I am also not going to starve myself or do anything drastic. I am 51 so maybe this is just how it is going to be?
I am in excellent health and just wish I could get my outside as fit as my inside!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Bay, definitely not a good way to lose weight! I bought a juicer right before Christmas, thinking I would really get on that kick. Well, obviously I haven't or I wouldn't be so desperate now!

Oh my word, I just looked in my lunch pail. DH works nights so I fix his lunch and then when I have to work the next, I have most of my stuff ready, and he'll just put together in my pail, fix my drink, etc. This morning, he said, "Is this all?" I had tried to fix myself a smaller lunch, and he didn't think it looked like enough. Now when I lost weight before, I didn't really cut out much completely. I would still have dessert, but it would just be a tiny portion. I would stop when I was full, and therefore, ate lots less calories. So anyway back to today, I had put in one of those little powdered donuts for dessert (that sounds ridiculous I know on a health living thread, lol!). It was little bitty, so I thought it would give me just enough sweet to satisfy. I now have 2! I haven't said anything about trying to cut down again, so I guess he just thought I would starve to death without another donut! Gotta love that man!

How sweet (no pun intended)! He loves you plump or not! MY hubby actually likes me a little on the plumper side, he hates skinny girls, but he knows how unhappy I am when I have extra pounds on me, so he just told me not to go overboard, as I have been known to do that in the past!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
Judy that was really sweet of him--My DH always brings me stuff I like when he goes to the store-

Here's my story-3 or 4 years ago I lost 40 lbs and kept most of it off until this past year. I had a hysterectomy and since then I CANNOT LOOSE and I have a tummy pooch I never had before. I need to loose 10 to 15.
I do exercise and eat right most of the time. I am alternating jogging and walking every other day--I do 3 miles.
I have a stationary bike that I ride if I can't walk or jog. I do 10 miles on it--
I also have the Wii Fit and I love it.
As you can see I have a lot of exercise options and use them.
I am just SO FRUSTRATED that I can't loose-- I don't know what else I need to do. I don't want to accept that I can't loose but I am also not going to starve myself or do anything drastic. I am 51 so maybe this is just how it is going to be?
I am in excellent health and just wish I could get my outside as fit as my inside!

Did you ask your doctor about that...about not being able to lose weight?
I am 37 and as I get older I worry that there will be a point where I can't lose or at least maintain my weight. I don't want that to be the way it is though...I wanna know that there IS always something I can do about it!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to bayamonesa1

• bayamonesa1 Said:
AFter my surgery on May 1st when they found Colon cancer Stage IV, I lost 37 pounds. WIth chemo I didn't get sick by my eating habots changed. I hate excersising unless I go to a gym, but even that I have to fight myself for not wanting to go. I don't diet but I have to omprove my eating habits if I want to conquer cancer from my life! I have in my plan for a healthier living to buy a juice maker so I can have natural stuff more often. I don't eat meat, but salmon, tuna or tilapia. Mainly fruits and vegetables, try to keep rice intake low, but love bread and pasta! Now, that I can finally taste food, I am eating more, but so afraid to gain the weight that I lost! I paid a big price to lose that weight...I don't want it back! LOL!!!! Good luck ladies!

So sorry about your diagnosis.
Are you in remission now?

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
Hey Judy, I'm in too. I'm not a huge amount over. Maybe 10 pounds? But I hope I can still play?

I stood on my scales a week ago after a blow-out weekend, food-wise, and I was shocked to see I was heavier than I have ever been. I'm only 5'3" (nearly) so those extra pounds show. And my jeans were uncomfortable around the bottom and thighs, but I have a small waist so if I go up a size, they fall down. So the change has to be in me.

I started that day - Monday last week. I follow the Blood Type Diet and I know that if I go heavy on the protein, veggies and fruit and light on the carbs and dairy, I lose easily. I am allowing myself 2 "dirty" meals a week, and one sin a day - usually a bit of chocolate in the evenings after dinner.

I had a disciplined week until Friday which is our usual pizza night. Then I had a Chinese meal out with friends on Saturday. Then I got home and found that DH had had a rotten day (got his car hit) and only wanted comfort food, fish and chips, for dinner. What's a girl to do? Sunday wasn't too bad.

This morning was my week #1 weigh-in. I wasn't confident, but I'm 2.5lbs down. That's a healthy loss, right?

I can't follow "diets" it's too much to think about. I just try to eat healthier, smaller portions and exercise. It worked for me before so I am hoping it will again!

Edited by Doreena on 02-04-13 08:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 08:33 AM
In response to Doreena

Terri, I'm just curious, do you do any strength training? Also, have you been tested for any food sensitivities? I know that after a hysterectomy when your hormones change so much, you can develop food allergies that you didn't have before. I'm sensitive to gluten and can always tell when I've had some because I "puff up" in my face and my stomach. But I haven't always been. Soy is another one that causes a lot of issues in women. It might be something to get tested for, or simply eliminate some of the known allergens from your diet for 2 weeks and then see if you puff up when you add them back in. If you add them back in slowly one at a time you can usually see which ones cause a reaction, even if it's a small one. It's amazing how many people don't know that they're sensitive because they don't feel sick at all, just have an extra bit of weight that is trapped.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Rosey that is a healthy lost and yay for losing weight

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Doreena

Doreen I am one of those people to if i have a little i will def have alot

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

So i haven't ate anything today at work as there was nothing good here. I sure hope i don't overdo it when i get home

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to babigirl

Doreena- I haven't really discussed it in detail with my doctor but I guess I need to We have talked about my weight before but that was when I was heavier. We haven't discussed it since the surgery.
Maybe when I go for my exam this year--

Jarvae- I do a little strength training but not nearly enough or even on a regular basis. I also had not thought about any food allergies. I may have to give that a try and see.

Thank you ladies for your suggestions!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to terrihooper

Well, I didn't do the exercise tonight. By the time I got off of work, I had a headache so bad, it felt like my head would surely explode off my shoulders! I almost feel like I'm coming down with something. Hopefully it was just the headache making me feel so bad. Anyway, excuses, excuses!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Judy I hope u feel better. No exercise last night for me but I will be doing zu,back hopefully when I get off today

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 06:56 AM
In response to babigirl

I didn't get it done either I did go for a 15 minute walk yesterday during work. We have been dealing with looking for a house and last night I had to race over to look at one about an hour away, then the night was taken by all that discussion. But today is a new day ladies

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Oh me, now I know why I had such a headache yesterday. "Aunt Flo" came today. I have such a hard, painful time, I'm not even going say I'll try today. I have to take hydrocodone to even survive on these days.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Judy, not good. That's the only time I get headaches these days too, and until I went on the BTD I had them all the time. It turned out to be orange juice, coffee and cheese that was causing them.

The Blood Type Diet is a little like Paleo except it goes further. It's based on what people would have eaten when and because the different blood types evolved.

The first blood type was O (Rh+/- isn't relevant in the BTD) and was the hunter/gatherers; low grain, high veggies and protein, and fruit/berries/seeds or whatever they could find or hunt.

Then the A type evolved after people started to grow their own crops. Their diet was bigger on grain, lower on protein (except chickens and eggs), still high on veggies.

Then the B type evolved in nomads who roamed with their animals, and they lived on meat and milk plus whatever veggies they gathered.

ABs have the best of both As and Bs, being a combination. They only evolved recently.

So that's what we should eat. Now what we shouldn't!

O - the big avoids are dairy, wheat, coffee, potato, corn, pork/bacon, beer and hard liquor, orange.
A - the big avoids are too much dairy and wheat, all potato, tomato, peppers, corn, pork/bacon, beef.
I haven't got Bs and ABs at my fingertips but can find out if anyone is interested.

This is the website: www.dadamo.com Food values are available there for free.

I've been following it more or less for over 6 years. I've gone from being the allergic one; always reacting to something; always coming down with colds and bugs and headaches; asthma, eczema, hay-fever, to the healthy one who watches everyone around me getting bugs and colds and headaches. The difference is amazing. That's why I went on it in the first place, not for weight loss. The weight was an added bonus.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 01:15 PM

That is fascinating Rosey! I have heard of the blood type diet but never really looked into it before. I always get sick whenever I eat pork and now I know why

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Vae

So ladies I did zumba for a hour tonight and let me tell you i am wore out. I did weigh my self and i have lost 3.5 pounds so 31.5 more to go

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Oh me, now I know why I had such a headache yesterday. "Aunt Flo" came today. I have such a hard, painful time, I'm not even going say I'll try today. I have to take hydrocodone to even survive on these days.

Hope you feel better soon

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Rosery thanks for the info sucks that everything on my avoid list is what i eat maybe that's my issue

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to babigirl

It could very well be.

The other interesting thing is that when we eat something which our bodies struggle with, our bodies produce hormones which actually give us a mini "high". That makes us crave the bad foods again which creates a vicious circle. The high is followed by a low though.

Have you ever really, really fancied a cookie, eaten it, thought "I didn't really enjoy that, I wonder whether another one might be better?" That's why.

Page 2 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics