Page 3 of 20 
Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to RedSquirrel

Yay! Shatema!

I think I need to look at the list you guys are talking about but I'm afraid to! LOL!

One thing I discovered recently...like w/in the past 2 weeks, is my body can't handle alcohol anymore. And I'm not talking like drinking alcohol to get drunk either. a couple of weeks ago I had to 12 oz Limearitas and the next day I felt so awful. Then this past Saturday night I had 2 beers, again woke up feeling awful. Last night we went out and I thought I'd play it safe and just have 1 glass of wine...well guess what I feel like I'm going to puke! Ugghhh!! I am way past the age/stage of going out and getting wasted, however, I do enjoy a drink or 2 every now and then and it sucks that my body doesn't seem to be able to handle that anymore. My husband is not happy either, because I am really super shy and the only time he can get me to be social is if I drink...no more drinking means no more socializing... ::

Edited by Doreena on 02-06-13 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

Yay, Shatema!

Doreena, that's so funny about being shy! One thing about the internet is that you could never guess that. I am the same way! I could be a hermit if it were possible!

I've been in so much pain this morning. I had to come to work anyway. I think the hydrocodone is kicking in now. I hate taking that stuff, and this is the only time I ever will. The pain is just too much to endure otherwise.

I think this week's gonna be a bust. I feel like I have to eat to keep the meds from making me sick, and then I guess I use it for comfort when I don't feel well and eat foods that aren't good. Then my birthday is Fri., and dh took off of work to make my day special, so I'm sure that will include eating!

Rosey, thanks for sharing. I'm definitely gonna look that up when I have some time. It sounds so interesting.

Edited by flintridgescrapper on 02-06-13 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy -
Oh no! That's awful!
But you need to do what you have to do to feel better, so for now just concentrate on that. You don't need the added pressure of the weight-loss plan. Once you feel better you can concetrate on that.
BTW - Your comment about being shy... I get that a lot. The truth is I am really funny (sorry if that sounds conceited) and I am always making people laugh and I seem really outgoing but I am actually a very insecure introverted person and although I do enjoy making people laugh and it comes naturally, I am by no means a social person! I actually suffer from social anxiety and depression.... strange how life works!

Diva
In response to Doreena

I can relate to you..I can eat it all in one sitting!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to bayamonesa1

I hope it's not too late but I'd really like to join!
I have a ton of weight I'd like to lose. We're talking over a hundred pounds. But right now I'm on a juice diet, which is hard as can be, and I'm already seeing results five days in. I'm hoping to lose at least thirty pounds by the end of March. We're going to California on vacation and I'd like to be more healthy to walk around. I have bone spurs on both my feet due to arthritis so it makes working out extremely painful. But I'm going to do the stationary bike and see how that goes. I should be fine.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to fknapoleon

Hi Kendra! The more the merrier. What a wonderful vacation!

Doreena, how much water are you drinking when/after you're drinking alcohol? Try not going to bed without drinking a pint of water for each glass you've had - that might dilute the toxins enough for you not to feel too terrible. Also could it be reacting with any medication you're on?

Oh, a funny story for you. When I was young and reckless I used to go out every Friday night and get through 5 or 6 gin'n'tonics. I'd wake up the next morning feeling fine as only youth can, but I'd have my pint of orange juice anyway - you know, vitamin C, rehydration, sugar boost, should be good right? Wrong, I'd almost instantly throw up, and curse gin, and say I'm never drinking again. Until next Friday.

Anyway, the years passed, I got allergy tested and bingo - orange/orange juice allergy. I gave up orange juice after the gin and have never had a "hangover" since. True story.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Actually I don't any water when I drink alcohol. I don't because even though I don't necessarily want to get drunk I still want to feel the effects of the alcohol so that I can be less inhibited and more social. Drinking the water would counter that, no?

Funny story about the OJ!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

Rosey - Oh I just re-read what you wrote. So drinking water after will work too...I don't have to do it during?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Doreena

Yep! If you drink water before you go to bed, you probably shouldn't get sick. I say try it! Have a drink for me, this juice diet restricts alcohol.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
Actually I don't any water when I drink alcohol. I don't because even though I don't necessarily want to get drunk I still want to feel the effects of the alcohol so that I can be less inhibited and more social. Drinking the water would counter that, no?

Funny story about the OJ!!

Actually it probably won't. If you drink alcohol, feel the effects and then drink water before the next drink, it probably won't change the effects much because the same amount of alcohol still gets into your blood stream. You'd still test the same if you had a breath or blood test, right? The water will just help to flush out the toxins.

Tell you what, try it and let us know your findings? Be a science experiment for us!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Ok I will willingly be a guinea pig! LOL!
I hope it does cuz as I said, no drinking means no social life...personally I am cool w/ it, but my hubby is not!

Edited by Doreena on 02-06-13 03:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva

Good luck in your plan. I want to start the juice making process but so confused about which one will be a decent price but worth buying. DO you mind telling me with juice maker you have and if you are happy with it?

Thanks! My reasons to start juicing is due to my experience with colon cancer.

Thank you!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Judy, thanks for starting up this thread!

I'd like to join along. I sadly keep gaining weight, losing, gaining, losing, now I've been gaining and the amount that I need to lose just keeps going up!!!

Baya, I have the Jack Lalane juicer. It wasn't too much money. I think it works good. The only thing I don't like is the size it's too big to fit under the upper cabinents. I haven't used it in while I should bring it back out.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 08:09 AM
In response to cutencrafty

For me drinking water is pretty much the miracle cure. Hangovers (the headache variety) are usually due to dehydration so I always make sure to keep a bottle of water in the car to drink on the way home from wherever. Then I drink at least 8-12 ounces of water before bed and also as soon as I wake up. This works whether it's a lot or a little alcohol.

The other thing could be though if you are dieting, you might be getting hit harder in the morning because of lack of foods that help with the alcohol. I know that when I'm dieting I always feel worse because I don't allow myself carbs or cheese/dairy. But carbs absorb the alcohol better, and dairy helps neutralize the acid in your stomach. I know for me, my diet foods consist of a lot of veggies and protein. Both of those things have more acid and combined with alcohol, that's going to sit in your stomach overnight and you are sure to wake up feeling like you know what.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-07-13 08:12 AM
In response to Vae

Ok well I will admit, I totally have been awful this week. It's been quite stressful around here. We are in the process of building a house... tried to get out of it and couldn't... and now we are working double to make up the time we lost so that it will still be done on time. We had been doing really well cooking each night and having breakfast, lunches, and dinners ready for at least 2-3 days. But lately we haven't had time so this morning it was mcdonald's for breakfast and I'll have to eat out for lunch as well. I'm going to try to keep it healthy and go for at least one walk today.

Diva
In response to Vae

Days like that happens..it is a matter of making the best choices when eating out so you don't feel that guilty!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

Baya, I have the Breville juicer, the one used in the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. We originally bought the Jack Lalane juicer and it's a good juicer. But we returned it because according to all the reviews, the Breville does better with items such as Kale and Spinach. I love it.
If you're seriously considering doing a full juice diet than I would look into the Breville. However, if you're just looking to supplement your diet with juice like most people, than the Jack Lalane is a great juicer too.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

I've never tried kale/spinach in mine. It was mostly fruit and some veggies like carrots and peppers.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to cutencrafty

Hey, Michelle & Kendra, welcome!

Jarvae, it's been a bust for me too. I've felt so awful, I've just been stuffing myself with comfort food. Tomorrow's my birthday, so Tim just asked about bringing home cake & ice cream & then we're going to Tulsa to shop & eat!

I have a Breville juicer also. Even with that, I can't seem to get the kale to juice good, but I do like it for everything else.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to flintridgescrapper

I run the kale through twice, that seems to help. But even then, it's not a ton of juice. I guess there is a ton of nutrients in the little bit of juice that comes through?

Page 3 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics